Photo

Nintendo's decisions 8/28/13 Your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Okay I knew Nintendo were gonna do something since I haven't heard anything from them for 2 weeks besides stupid Microsoft statements and Sony insults. The decisions they made today......Actually would attract a whole lot of customers.

First starting with their 2DS reveal, when I first saw the 2DS I literally groaned and face palmed saying its a stupid idea. But looking at the article, I slowly started to realize why they did that. Like an alarm about to go off in my head.

• Great for the kids who couldn't play the original 3DS
  • Its price is very affordable
  • Its has everything that the 3DS already has besides the 3D gimmick.
  • Perfect for the Pokemon X & Y launch.

It may be for the younger kids but it might actually work for others who think that the 3DS is still a bit pricey.

Also I noticed something about the announcement.......They destroyed the Vita again. They just had that price cut last week and now a Nintendo handheld is three times more affordable than the Vita. Damn. Life support for the Vita is confirmed.......again.

Now the Wii U.....It was pretty good, personally I would have made it $280 but that's just me. Xbone - $500 Ps4 - $400 and Wii U $300 I'm not sure this may help alot but its worth a shot.

And finally the Wii U releases. Wow, Nintendo finally knows how to work with the digital releases the smart way, Wind Waker HD Digital version is 2 weeks earlier than the physical version, that is a very smart move. (Way more better than the Pikmin 3's 1 day early access.....)

Overall it was a pretty impressive move, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, especially for the Wii U since i personally don't think it will win over more and more gamers to buy a Wii U this year.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, I'd like to get the Wind Waker bundle, but I still don't have the money. x(

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Show me more of X

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Show me more of X

THIS

Yes, just yes. That game looks incredible.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

I liked everything great moves by Nintendo hopefully by December they'll bounce back into the pack.

#6 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

whatever, Nintendo is crap and they are done as its a baby toy.

Ok just kidding, nice moves today on the price and hopefully it gets some more systems out there.

#7 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think the 2ds is really stupid of course it will sale but it is just generally stupid it looks like a slice of cake and the regular 3ds has parental controls to turn off 3d so this is really just worthless 3ds model I wish they would just come out with a 3ds with 2 analoug sticks 3ds xl sized screen and a larger battery life and I would buy that I personally don't care about the wind waker bundle because I already have a WiiU but if I didn't I would buy this version of it. I'm glad they dropped the price of the WiiU that was a really good decesion 

#8 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Seeing more X would be nice but I want to see more Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. 

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

The Wii U price drop makes me sad I hope we get something out of it... :/

Nintendo 2DS.... wtf?? sounds stupid... XD

vita is dead!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

I can actually see the 2ds selling well. there are a lot of people who don't care about the 3d aspect and just want to play the games. I made a statement in another thread about not likeing the 2ds but I can see it working out now that I think of it. The wiiu price cut is a great idea and should help sales a little once more games come out for it. Still worried about power and if it can handle newer games coming out for the next Gen.

#11 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

If you think about it Nintendo never dropped the price of the WiiU, it was always $300, now you just a get a free game. You have all been fooled! >: D

Edited by meitantei_conan, 28 August 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Seeing more X would be nice but I want to see more Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Yes, because clearly there is just too much deep, immersive, open world games, and just not enough shallow bite size level based platformers on wii u and coming to wii u.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yes, because clearly there is just too much deep, immersive, open world games, and just not enough shallow bite size level based platformers on wii u and coming to wii u.

Those are the games he is interested in, just like you want to see more X. We still haven't found out the fourth playable character in DKC, and we don't know how much more they are adding to the online play, as well as more courses, characters, and game modes. Also, 3D World and DKC are coming out soon, while X isn't coming for a while, so there should be more info for Mario and Donkey Kong available. I want more X footage to drool over as much as you do, but other people may want more info on games that are coming out much sooner.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

You would have a point if that was true which its not. Neither Super Mario 3D World nor Donkey Kong Country Freeze are shallow bite sized platformers. As level based most games have levels so in that case you wouldn't be playing most of the games out there. You may be interested in X but there are a lot of people out there including my self who are excited and looking forward to the new Mario and Donkey Kong games more so then X. At the end of the day even if X is a great game its not going to move a lot of systems where as a new Mario or Donkey Kong game will.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

You would have a point if that was true which its not. Neither Super Mario 3D World nor Donkey Kong Country Freeze are shallow bite sized platformers. As level based most games have levels so in that case you wouldn't be playing most of the games out there. You may be interested in X but there are a lot of people out there including my self who are excited and looking forward to the new Mario and Donkey Kong games more so then X. At the end of the day even if X is a great game its not going to move a lot of systems where as a new Mario or Donkey Kong game will.

Lol. I get your intention, but in your attempt to disagree with me, you accidentally validated, or even accidentally agreed with my point on several levels.

1. Yes, what I posted was indeed not true. I sarcastically said the opposite of what I meant. When you said that wasnt true....

2. They are indeed shallow games with bite sized levels (I never said bite sized games, that was your failure of comprehension). Unless they switched genres from level based platformers to something like metroidvania, thats not going to change. As our pit Avatar'd freind found out the other day, these games have no inherent player character gameplay development. The characters gameplay mechanics are static, and dont grow in complexity over time. You have the same character mechanics throughout the entirety of the game, whereas dynamic games have the characters growing in power, via moves, weapons, armor, and traversal abilities. So, yes, these kind of games are shallow, which is why they are so accessible, and enjoyed by a larger audience.... But far lacking in engagement for those who desire more than making our way left to right.

3. I indeed do not play many games anymore. The games I enjoy have steadily become less and less frequent, because simply throwing money at them to make graphics, sound and cutscenes better do not make these games better, as they rely on a very, very hard balance of game design that requires immense talent to pull off, and has a high entry barrier, and is thus offputting to the larger audience that enjoys casual fun games like rayman mario or dkc.

4. Which was the entire point of my post, the wii u is FLOODED with the kinds of games you guys want to play, It was flooded at launch, continued having steady releases, both retail and eshop, and are flooding the future release scheduele. The kind of game we want to play DOES NOT EXIST ANYWHERE IN THE SYSTEM LIBRARY, and as for future upcoming games, THERE IS ONLY CURRENTLY 1;ONE;SINGULAR game, and we have seen next to nothing of it, while you can play dozens of your games, and have hours of in depth footage of actual gameplay, played by many people, of similar games coming up, we have 5 minutes combined of teasers, and nothing else.

So yeah, my point stands.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think it`s too bad the 2DS screen is the size of the regular 3DS and not the 3DS XL. If it was i would really consider buying it one day as i still plan on buying the XL.

The decision was a very smart move and i wouldn`t be surprised if it starts outselling the regular 3DS.

And as you said, it does really hurt the Vita... again!

Also, it can be a hint that Nintendo`s next console will not carry the DS brand, as that could really be confusing.

The Wii U price drop was unexpected and at first i felt that it could hurt them financially (probably not a good move) but then i realised it really didn`t, so, all`s good. It was a leverage that they probably used sooner than they anticipated, but better than selling at a loss + 50.

I do believe that it will really help them even after the holiday season - given the games releasing soon -, specially if no drought comes anytime soon.

The early release for WW could actually lead to more situations like these and will be the best catalyst for Wii U`s sales - you do get a game for free!

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Okay I knew Nintendo were gonna do something since I haven't heard anything from them for 2 weeks besides stupid Microsoft statements and Sony insults. The decisions they made today......Actually would attract a whole lot of customers.

First starting with their 2DS reveal, when I first saw the 2DS I literally groaned and face palmed saying its a stupid idea. But looking at the article, I slowly started to realize why they did that. Like an alarm about to go off in my head.

• Great for the kids who couldn't play the original 3DS
  • Its price is very affordable
  • Its has everything that the 3DS already has besides the 3D gimmick.
  • Perfect for the Pokemon X & Y launch.

It may be for the younger kids but it might actually work for others who think that the 3DS is still a bit pricey.

Also I noticed something about the announcement.......They destroyed the Vita again. They just had that price cut last week and now a Nintendo handheld is three times more affordable than the Vita. Damn. Life support for the Vita is confirmed.......again.

Now the Wii U.....It was pretty good, personally I would have made it $280 but that's just me. Xbone - $500 Ps4 - $400 and Wii U $300 I'm not sure this may help alot but its worth a shot.

And finally the Wii U releases. Wow, Nintendo finally knows how to work with the digital releases the smart way, Wind Waker HD Digital version is 2 weeks earlier than the physical version, that is a very smart move. (Way more better than the Pikmin 3's 1 day early access.....)

Overall it was a pretty impressive move, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, especially for the Wii U since i personally don't think it will win over more and more gamers to buy a Wii U this year.

Reducing the Wii U's price this early without an ambassador program is a bad move IMO. Now people won't want to buy a Nintendo console at launch. It's just as bad as having a low install base and if they also have a low install base for their next console at launch that could be even worse.

Signature_DK.png

#18 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

^^^it wouldn't stop people from buying it, it would only stop the tight ass people from buying it. In which case of it effects you that much why are you buying a brand new console to begin with.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

I really don't care about the 2DS, which does make sense since it's not really aimed at the hardcore gamer market. It'll be a nice gateway console for small children and casuals. It's a good decision they're releasing it on the same day as X/Y. The $50 price cut on Wii U is great, but I don't think it 100% guarantees Wii U's success. But it is $100 cheaper than PS4, and $200 cheaper than XBO. So it does have a big advantage. I would have liked to seen them upgrade the hard drive for the Deluxe bundle to a more suitable level of 300GB or so. I think they should have kept the basic bundle. But just have Nintendo Land packed in with it and a bigger hardrive (100GB?). 

#20 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Reducing the Wii U's price this early without an ambassador program is a bad move IMO. Now people won't want to buy a Nintendo console at launch. It's just as bad as having a low install base and if they also have a low install base for their next console at launch that could be even worse.

I disagree. You seem to think you're entitled to free games because they dropped the price so early. Well I've got news for you. Neither you nor anyone else is entitled to free games. If people choose to be early adopters then that's their choice. As early adopters they get to play games on the system much earlier. Its the risk you take as a price is always going to happen whether its sooner or later. Its certainly not going to put people off or affect sales on the future. If you're so upset about it then I suggest you don't be an early adopter and wait until the price drops before buying a console. Just stop whining about something which is not an issue in the first place.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!