Photo

Swaggle me eyes! possible good news (AKA Platinum 2nd party and W101 sequel)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Lol why does that guy use the word Rainbow so randomly? Anyway hope this happens

I believe it's the website changing swearing. Cos he's so grown up and that.

#22 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Lol why does that guy use the word Rainbow so randomly? Anyway hope this happens

Are you serious...??? Rainbow is a censor word.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Rainbow?

Anyway it doesn't matter how many people want to buy a game, a good game is still good even if only 1 person bought it.
Besides a game like w101 isn't even out in all regions, and we don't know eshop sales. So it won't have sold great but people will still have bought it.

Also if the game had more advertising it would've sold much better as it really deserved it.

It got it's own direct.
It got a promotion with pikmin 3 to get it cheaper.
It's what a lot of people have been waiting for.

What more do you want from the marketing magicians?

how about...
http://nintendoenthu...tv-spots/22406/
These horsing commercials.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I completely agree. The Wonderful 101 is a very fresh and original game and this is the kind of thing that Nintendo needs. It's not about having one game, it's about having a library of original and interesting games.

These games might not be huge sellers, but it's things like this that give a console it's image as something different.

OMG! Genius. That is the word I wanted.

Image.

Yes. Perfect. They need to change the image in the minds of the gamers.

#25 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

So despite the W101 not doing well saleswise (well if you ignore the fact that it's a niche game and digital downloads are not counted in Japan), they still want to be 2nd party to Nintendo. Which is funny, because I had envisioned them being a 2nd party developer since Bayonetta 2 was announced. 

I suppose Nintendo footing the bill for their games may have something to do about since other companies didn't seem interested in funding them. Thoughts? 

Edited by magiciandude, 29 August 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#26 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Platinum Games designer Hideki Kamiya has confessed to IGN that he would love to see the acclaimed studio become a second-party Nintendo developer

Kamiya's known to troll though, so he might not actually mean he wants Platinum to be a second party dev for Nintendo and just wants to make a little noise in the gaming community.

Edited by SDDMN, 29 August 2013 - 02:44 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#27 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's more like they wouldn't mind being 2nd party, but they are just fine where they are at as well.

#28 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Kamiya's known to troll though, so he might not actually mean he wants Platinum to be a second party dev for Nintendo and just wants to make a little noise in the gaming community.

He only trolls over twitter though.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is there already a topic about this? I feel like there was, might have to merge.

He is known to troll, but this really doesnt seem like his trolling style. However, he is very specifically only speaking for himself personally, and not on behalf of all of platinum.

But ive been thinking about it in my head and ive come to some solutions...

Becoming second party is an absolute best case scenario for p*, who makes wonderfully unique games that just dont sell.... Typically because they are wonderfully unique.

Nintendo would by and far be the best company for them, because nintendo, for some reason, will go far out of their way to service a niche crowd with unique tastes with high quality fun products, even though they are far too small an audience to really make it fiscally worthwhile. This is probably the reason I am left most often relying on Nintendo these days.

If nintendo's involvement can get silicon knights to output eternal darkness calibur games... And an already great house like monolith soft makes something like xenoblade when taken under nintendos wing, my mind boggles at the very notion at what they can do working so closely with p* games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

There is  another topic but search doesn't work and its title isn't very clear on the subject matter. 

"Swaggle me eyes"

Edited by Sage, 29 August 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#31 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

It got it's own direct.

how about...

It could've used more tv advertisements outside of japan.

I've seen many adverts of pikmin 3 in the uk none of w101

Also directs are only for people who are already interested so it probably didn't advertise it to people who didn't already know about it.

You're right about the eshop sale though and that's why I still think sales probably won't be too bad for it

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 29 August 2013 - 03:12 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#32 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yes!!!!!! One of my favorite studios wants to become 2ND party. Imagine a Platnium Metroid, Starfox, FZero or even Kid Icarus? 

2lvmghw.png

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

It got it's own direct.

how about...

Those commercials just dont really seem very good or representative of the game to me. Should have spent time showcasing the crazy create your own combo system, and all the moves and depth to the game mechanics....

Instead all they got are snippets of cutscene and running around.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

The only thing I wish from Platinum Games is for Metal Gear Rising Revengence 2, with the plot being the original draft for the game when it was in between MGS2 and MGS4. I don't care what system it's on, and I don't care what they do otherwise.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

It could've used more tv advertisements outside of japan.
I've seen many adverts of pikmin 3 in the uk none of w101
Also directs are only for people who are already interested so it probably didn't advertise it to people who didn't already know about it.

You're right about the eshop sale though and that's why I still think sales probably won't be too bad for it

But the post I made in this thread's kind of about Japan. And since Platinum is Japanese, that's the region that matters most.
Since it's the only country we have numbers of since it's the only one it's released in (it didn't make top 20 in the uk, but no numbers yet).
Historically, NoE haven't been very good at giving the internet sales numbers.
It's not out in America yet, or maybe it is I haven't been paying attention to their release dates.

I know Japanese love their eShop, but 5,000 is terribly low even understanding that.
I for one expected a lot more than 5,000 disc sales of the game, so it's obviously been more of a miss than I expected myself there.
I haven't seen many Nintendo adverts here at all, can't talk about w101 getting less of something I've not seen much of then.

Those commercials just dont really seem very good or representative of the game to me. Should have spent time showcasing the crazy create your own combo system, and all the moves and depth to the game mechanics....

Instead all they got are snippets of cutscene and running around.

That's what most Japanese game commercials are like.
Also due to cultural differences, what might not look appealing to you might look very appealing to them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...rful-101-sequel

Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya has revealed he's keen to make a sequel to The Wonderful 101, and also shared his thoughts on porting the original Bayonetta to Wii U and becoming a second-party Nintendo developer.

When IGN Benelux asked the creator of Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101 whether or not he'd like to see a sequel to his most recent game on Wii U (perhaps called The Wonderful 102?) he said, "If I get the chance, I would certainly like to make that game.

"I really have no idea at this point, but I would love to make a sequel to one of my own games. We put a tremendous amount of work into this game and it would be unfortunate if I would not get the chance to tell a new story with these characters.

"However, some of the bad guys you beat in this game won’t appear in a sequel. That’s kind of a depressing thought."

Depending on sales and critical opinion of The Wonderful 101, a sequel is by no means guaranteed but it's encouraging to hear its creator would happily revisit the franchise. But if Platinum doesn't go on to make a sequel to the game, what else might it do?

I would love [to become a second-party developer]. It would be great to work more closely with Nintendo.

Well, according to Kamiya, the studio hasn't ruled out the idea of porting the original Bayonetta to the Wii U. With Bayonetta 2 due out exclusively on Nintendo's console next year, Platinum argues it would make sense for the original game to be available too so that newcomers to the series can catch up.

"I would love to make that happen, so that gamers unfamiliar with the first game get to play it," he explained. "This is just my personal opinion, however. I have not much say over the matter.

"However, I think designers should always keep in mind that not everyone has played the previous title, even if this was released on the same platform. You have to make sure that even players who are unfamiliar with the franchise are able to keep up."

With all this talk of developing for Nintendo then, you'd be forgiven for thinking Platinum Games was pretty much ready to get into bed with The Big N permanently. Despite the success of multiplatform hit Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance earlier this year and mutterings of a Platinum-fronted sequel, Kamiya admitted he'd happily see the studio become a second-party Nintendo developer.

When asked if he'd like to see the company officially join forces with Nintendo, he replied, "I would love that. It would be great to work more closely with Nintendo."

Whoa.....Nintendo hit the jackpot.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#37 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

i think its a great idea, just because w101 had a bad start doesnt make platinum "dead weight" as some people might call them.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#38 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

There is another topic but search doesn't work and its title isn't very clear on the subject matter.

"Swaggle me eyes"

Sorry. That was my fault. I am a horrible person and useless member of any community. I will try better with my title.

I obviously meant "swoogle me eyes". Sorry.

Edited by Dharmanator, 29 August 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#39 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Hopefully Nintendo buys them, seriously as long as they have more developers with them the better.

#40 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

Would be very nice to have them under the Nintendo helm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users