Photo

Vita TV

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion on the Vita TV (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the idea?

1. I love it! (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. Could be alright, I guess. (6 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Looks like a piece of rainbow. (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Do you think it'll catch on with the general public?

1. It's got a good chance of doing better than the PS3. (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Could do alright, I guess. (3 votes [27.27%])

3. It won't catch on, but the public will like it (just not enough to sell many). (3 votes [27.27%])

4. No, the public will think that it's a piece of rainbow. (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

So Sony have announced the Vita TV.

It's a cheaper Vita that plugs into your TV and uses Dualshock 3 controllers.

1349997_0.jpg

Basically, then, it's a PS3 that you can stream your PS4 to for cheaper than a PS3.

There's also a rumour (not sure if confirmed) that it will come in a PS4 bundle for $500.

It's blurring the lines between console and handheld (even more than the Wii U confusion when it was announced. I know, it's hard to believe).

What do you guys think about it? Will it help save the Vita? Is it just a stupid idea that will fail abysmally?

Leave a comment below and be sure to vote in the poll above.

Edited by R00bot, 09 September 2013 - 03:53 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#2 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

R00bot, on 09 Sept 2013 - 1:44 PM, said:

Will it help save the Vita?

How could it save the Vita? I could boost the Vita games, but not the Vita sales.

This system is for another market.

The idea of PS TV is good, but not sure if it will work:
It doesn't support that much Vita games: http://www.jp.playst...ame/psvitalist/
Most of the exclusive Vita games won't be able to play it on the PS TV since most of them uses touch screen and other features the DS3 doesn't have.
Which doesn't make sense, and will motivate devs for making Vita games without Vita features. What's the point for having a Vita with all those features like touch screen etc in the future then.

The only good thing I see is streaming from your PS4 to a second TV and probably Gaikai for PS3 games.

Edited by namkotje, 09 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

How could it save the Vita? I could boost the Vita games, but not the Vita sales.

Well, it could boost the Vita "sales", because I'm expecting them to bundle the Vita and the Vita TV sales together as the same system.

bi5tzqg.gif

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

the vita is nowhere near a ps3. Also, this is nowhere near what I thought 'vita tv' was going to be when I first heard the phrase 'vita tv'.

I was thinking sony was streaming an entertainment channel to vita's, like a supremely better version of nintendo video...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

the vita is nowhere near a ps3. 

Eh, the Vita is close (enough) to the power of the PS3, and thanks to PS4 streaming (if you have one) the Vita will be able to play PS3 games (over Gakai), and the console has very similar features to the PS3, too.

the vita is nowhere near a ps3. Also, this is nowhere near what I thought 'vita tv' was going to be when I first heard the phrase 'vita tv'.

I was thinking sony was streaming an entertainment channel to vita's, like a supremely better version of nintendo video...

This actually reminds me a lot of the Apple TV.

bi5tzqg.gif

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

So Sony have announced the Vita TV.

It's a cheaper Vita that plugs into your TV and uses Dualshock 3 controllers.

1349997_0.jpg

Basically, then, it's a PS3 that you can stream your PS4 to for cheaper than a PS3.

There's also a rumour (not sure if confirmed) that it will come in a PS4 bundle for $500.

What do you guys think about it? Will it help save the Vita? Is it just a stupid idea that will fail abysmally?

I don't get what they're trying to do with it.

It's not quite a vito since it's not got all the control options, it's going to be ugly upscaled, it's not portable(well, maybe everyone has a tv in their pocket too, if it connected to phones that'd be something).
It's like the 1DS maybe? Except ... not fake?

I don't get why they'd box it with a PS4, it doesn't have a second screen or anything, you need to have a second TV.
I think if that is their plan, they're completely missing out on why off-tv play is so good on the wii u.
The intimate little comfortable upad screen just for me while i can stay in the same room as the other person watching the tv, or use it while rainbowting is what makes it so good.
It's not just a simple "you can play it in more than 1 place now".

It's blurring the lines between console and handheld (even more than the Wii U confusion when it was announced. I know, it's hard to believe).

Nope, journalists will magically understand things sony do. Even if they word-for-word did what nintendo did, they'd understand.

Edited by Nollog, 09 September 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

This thing is pretty much PSN as a box. It's really cheap, and it plays PSP, PS1, and Vita games. I may eventually get this if it comes out in America, if only to play PS1 games with Dualshock and to play PSP games I never got the chance to play. Companies may release updates for games that use the touchpad/touchscreen only to replicate the shoulder buttons (Resistance for example), to make them work for a controller. I'm not sure if the Sixaxis feature of the DS3 could replicate the Gyroscope in the Vita, but if it could, that would be great. The only thing I'm not sure about is if it will be able to play PS2 Classics.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 09 September 2013 - 05:50 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Nope, journalists will magically understand things sony do. Even if they word-for-word did what nintendo did, they'd understand.

True.

Nintendo does something -> Everyone confused.

Sony also doing something "strange" -> Everyone happy.

Look at the reactions on Neogaf for example. :P 

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

True.
Nintendo does something -> Everyone confused.
Sony also doing something "strange" -> Everyone happy.

Look at the reactions on Neogaf for example. :P

neogaf is a rainbowhole, i tend not to look at it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

neogaf is a rainbowhole, i tend not to look at it.

I agree. Same.

Edited by namkotje, 09 September 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

The 2DS and Vita TV duke it  out for the most pointless revision of a handheld for 2014. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

They could've gotten the same effect if they revised the Vita so it could plug into a TV, like one model of PSP with the option of using a DS3. At least then you could play all Vita games.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 09 September 2013 - 10:29 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

The Vita will need way more games before it can catch on but its possible.

Signature_DK.png

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

The Vita will need way more games before it can catch on but its possible.

This also includes digital PSP games and PS1 Classics, so you actually have a lot od gases at launch to choose from.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

As neat as this is...I think I'd still wind up getting a Vita itself.

While, yes, it would be cool to play Vita games on the TV, I prefer my portable games to be just that. Portable.

Definitely something to check out when it's cheap enough, though. Reminds me of the GameBoy Player for the GameCube. :)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Laaaaame.

It's the Sony Ouya!

Vita games look great as portable games, but poor as home console games.

So why remove the whole reason for the graphics tradeoff?

Sure, it's ok to play mobile games on your tv every now and then, but $100 to do so?

I don't think so.

Save your pennies and get a real console.

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

The 2DS and Vita TV duke it  out for the most pointless revision of a handheld for 2014. 

I think that the 2DS actually might have a market, though.

There's definitely a market for a cheap, reliable console for your kids (especially if all they want to play is the new Pokemon).

bi5tzqg.gif

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

Sony will regret this.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? This is essentially the Gameboy Player as a standalone system, not to mention it's a Vita that is $100. I'm tempted to get this because of the low price point and what I can get out of it as somebody who hasn't owned a Sony console since the PS2 (and I didn't have many games for that either). The fact that you still have to use memory cards sucks though.

I have questions on a few things though: Will local multiplayer be replicated with split screen? Can it play PS2 Classics? (Can the regular Vita play PS2 Classics?) If it has internal storage, split screen, and PS2 Classics, than this will be a must buy for me.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 10 September 2013 - 02:53 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing? This is essentially the Gameboy Player as a standalone system, not to mention it's a Vita that is $100. I'm tempted to get this because of the low price point and what I can get out of it as somebody who hasn't owned a Sony console since the PS2 (and I didn't have many games foe that either).

I have questions on a few things though: what will games be saved on: the memory cards, internal storage, or cloud storage? Will local multiplayer be replicated with split screen? Can it play PS2 Classics? (Can the regular Vita play PS2 Classics?) If it has internal storage, split screen, and PS2 Classics, than this will be a must buy for me.

I don't think there'll be split screen.

And apparently it doesn't even play all the games for the Vita http://www.jp.playst...ame/psvitalist/

Also remember, it won't have the touchscreen or the touchpad on the back, so that ruins some games a bit.

bi5tzqg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!