#1 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I don’t know what the inspiration for Bayonetta 2 was, but it’s clear it went through the “crash and build” process. 1080p clarity clear, in fact. One of the characteristic traits of a Kamiya game is creating a visual spectacle, and Bayonetta 2 doesn’t disappoint—but like with Zelda: Wind Waker HD, it seems that the demo available at PAX Prime this year was the same build from E3. As I’ve learned from my previous hands-on experiences, though, seeing and playing are two completely different experiences.

For a set amount of time, the Umbra Climax made attacks much, much bigger—and stronger, too. The whip, for example, would span the entirety of the F-22, hitting any enemy that dared approach me. If you managed to launch them into the air, you could quickly switch to your guns and parry them in the air for a bit, in a Devil May Cry-like fashion. All of this happens quickly, but each attack is precise and, thanks to 1080p resolution, doesn’t feel cluttered or give the impression that there’s too much going on on-screen at once.

I'm doubting this is true. It's probably running at native 720p (most PS360 games are sub-720p natively) but upscaled to 1080p.

Thoughts?

gamz girnalizm all da way

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

Um, do you know what the definition of confirmed is? This is more of a speculation. 

Also Link please.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

So let me get this straight... You say that Bayonetta 2 is "confirmed" to be running at 1080p and 60 fps, but then you say you doubt it's true? xD

Either way, why do you doubt it? I'm pretty sure Wind Waker HD is 1080p and 60 fps (I looked at some screenshots up-close and there was too much detail to be 720). Granted, Wind Waker HD is lacking in the polygon department, but still. And of course, it is a first-party game, but if the third parties actually get off their duffs and try to make a good-looking game, they can certainly do it. :D

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

the E3 demo is suposinly 720 upscaled to 1080, so probly not atm, the final could hit 1080 but thats a big if.

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Fixed title.

Still Awaiting real confirmation.

Though personally, id rather stay at 720p and put the extra power to more post processing effects.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

It would be neat, after all they said the Wii U can run 1080p but Bayonetta isn't the game to be a graphic powerhouse.

Signature_DK.png

#7 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

It will probably be 720 uped to 1080 like every other game. I'm not getting my hopes up.

#8 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

It will probably be 720 uped to 1080 like every other game. I'm not getting my hopes up.

About a year ago when the Wii U was being hyped they claimed games could run in 1080p.

The reason we have all these 720 games supposedly was because some were ports of Games done in 720. I don't know this for sure though, but it makes sense.

I am getting my hopes up. I do have issues with some things with the Wii U overall. But I sure hope we get our 1080p games as claimed.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

About a year ago when the Wii U was being hyped they claimed games could run in 1080p.

The reason we have all these 720 games supposedly was because some were ports of Games done in 720. I don't know this for sure though, but it makes sense.

I am getting my hopes up. I do have issues with some things with the Wii U overall. But I sure hope we get our 1080p games as claimed.

As far as I know, the only native 1080p games on Wii U by the end of the year will be Skylanders Giants, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Smash Bros has been confirmed for 1080p, and Mario Kart may be 1080p as well, as it looked just as sharp as Wind Waker HD when I saw it in June.

Most games out for it, especially third party games, were hastily done ports on non-final dev kits, so they have all been 720p or sometimes lower. NSMBU, Nintendoland, and Pikmin 3 were all 720p, probably due to the small number of staff working on them.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 09 September 2013 - 05:02 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the info.

No problem. This is just from the top of my head, so I may be missing some eshop titles or something. The Wii U has a good upscaler, and it's difficult to tell 1080p and 720p apart from a certain distance unless you have a really big TV, so sacrificing 1080p for some extra effects or a snoother framerate might be better in some developer's eyes, as was the case with Nano Assault Neo.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#12 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

As far as I know, the only native 1080p games on Wii U by the end of the year will be Skylanders Giants, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Smash Bros has been confirmed for 1080p, and Mario Kart may be 1080p as well, as it looked just as sharp as Wind Waker HD when I saw it in June.

Most games out for it, especially third party games, were hastily done ports on non-final dev kits, so they have all been 720p or sometimes lower. NSMBU, Nintendoland, and Pikmin 3 were all 720p, probably due to the small number of staff working on them.

Isn't Rayman Legends also native 1080p?

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Isn't Rayman Legends also native 1080p?

It is. That slipped my mind, as it's native 1080p on all systems except Vita, which only goes up to 540p due to that being the highest resolution the Vita screen can do. The engine that runs Rayman Origins and Legends was made to hit 1080p at 60 FPS, but with Origins and Legends being mostly 2D games, this isn't that hard to accomplish.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#14 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

It is. That slipped my mind, as it's native 1080p on all systems except Vita, which only goes up to 540p due to that being the highest resolution the Vita screen can do. The engine that runs Rayman Origins and Legends was made to hit 1080p at 60 FPS, but with Origins and Legends being mostly 2D games, this isn't that hard to accomplish.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Just making sure I didn't have the wrong idea about Legends.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Just making sure I didn't have the wrong idea about Legends.

No problem. Welcome to the forums BTW.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 09 September 2013 - 05:41 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

She edited the article before you even posted this.

What happened (as usual) is they asked the rep if the game was in hd, and the rep said yes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

I would personally rather have better graphics at 720p and 60fps than sacrifice the shadows and post-processing for it to be 1080p, cause we all know 1080p doesn't just magically make it look good (MH3U)

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

I would personally rather have better graphics at 720p and 60fps than sacrifice the shadows and post-processing for it to be 1080p, cause we all know 1080p doesn't just magically make it look good (MH3U)

MH3U was just a Wii game upscaled, anyway. It looked bad, but the Wii U could do more than that graphically as well as 1080p.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

MH3U was just a Wii game upscaled, anyway. It looked bad, but the Wii U could do more than that graphically as well as 1080p.

yeah I know I'm just saying that people should stop making a big deal about 1080p cause the actual graphics matter more not resolution

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#20 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

yeah I know I'm just saying that people should stop making a big deal about 1080p cause the actual graphics matter more not resolution

True, but why can't we have the best of both worlds?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!