#41 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Since when does giving a ten mean the game is perfect because it doesn't. A game doesn't need to be perfect to get a ten.

A 10 is a perfect score.

No sig.

#42 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

A 10 is a perfect score.

No its not. You talk to anyone who reviews games for any publication or site and they will tell you the same thing. A 10 does not necessarily represent a perfect game. A game that receives a 10 can still have problems or flaws.

#43 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

They also made it more prettier. 

"More prettier" okay.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#44 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

The ambient occlusions nice. So are the contact hardening shadows.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#45 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Lol a remastered port gets a high score.

I couldn't care less.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#46 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

The ambient occlusions nice. So are the contact hardening shadows.

Can you translate that? lol

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#47 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

No its not. You talk to anyone who reviews games for any publication or site and they will tell you the same thing. A 10 does not necessarily represent a perfect game. A game that receives a 10 can still have problems or flaws.

Also. Review numbers are subjective. So.

#48 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Seeing as I never played this the first time around, this will likely be the game that gets me to pick up my Wii U again...but it won't be until I can get it for like $25 or so.

#49 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Seeing as I never played this the first time around, this will likely be the game that gets me to pick up my Wii U again...but it won't be until I can get it for like $25 or so.

For first party Nintendo games that will be about 5 years.  I hope you will pick up your Wii U again before 5 years from now.  

(This is well worth $50)

Edited by kokirii, 24 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#50 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

You will probably be waiting a long time them.

#51 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

I dont get you guys. Wind waker was my favorite zelda game but this remake isn't worth 60$. They just turned up the bloom and tweaked a few things but why is it full priced? It would have been worth it if they released all the cut content since wind waker was rushed near the end. and the sailing would be fine if they world actually had stuff in it instead of empty islands and the occasional squid and shark. Also why would they remake a timeless game? Hardly counts as a remake if you ask me sounds more like a cash grab since not much effort was done to this.

Or they could say this is just remastered.

1367065580450s.jpg

#52 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I dont get you guys. Wind waker was my favorite zelda game but this remake isn't worth 60$. They just turned up the bloom and tweaked a few things but why is it full priced? It would have been worth it if they released all the cut content since wind waker was rushed near the end. and the sailing would be fine if they world actually had stuff in it instead of empty islands and the occasional squid and shark. Also why would they remake a timeless game? Hardly counts as a remake if you ask me sounds more like a cash grab since not much effort was done to this.

Or they could say this is just remastered.

1: This game is $50, the same as it originally launched at and $10 less than the average Wii U game.
2: The unused dungeons have been implemented into Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
3: A lot of HD collections are just the original game at 720p at a higher framerate. The only ones that I can think of that was better than this was Halo Anniversary and Ocarina 3D.
4: You would find lookout towers with pirates, pirate ships, submarines, hidden treasure, giant octorocks, and challenge islands mandatory for the Triforce Quest.
5: They remade it so more people can get the chance to experince it. They re-released Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Zelda 1 and 2 on Wii Virtual Console, as well as remade Ocarina of Time on 3DS, put Zelda 1 and 2, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games were put on the 3DS Virtual Console, and Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are readily available Wii games. Wind Waker is the least readily available game in the Zelda series, so they wanted more people to play what is considered by many to be the best game in the Zelda series, if not of all time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#53 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

1: This game is $50, the same as it originally launched at and $10 less than the average Wii U game.
2: The unused dungeons have been implemented into Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
3: A lot of HD collections are just the original game at 720p at a higher framerate. The only ones that I can think of that was better than this was Halo Anniversary and Ocarina 3D.
4: You would find lookout towers with pirates, pirate ships, submarines, hidden treasure, giant octorocks, and challenge islands mandatory for the Triforce Quest.
5: They remade it so more people can get the chance to experince it. They re-released Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Zelda 1 and 2 on Wii Virtual Console, as well as remade Ocarina of Time on 3DS, put Zelda 1 and 2, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games were put on the 3DS Virtual Console, and Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are readily available Wii games. Wind Waker is the least readily available game in the Zelda series, so they wanted more people to play what is considered by many to be the best game in the Zelda series, if not of all time.

Couldn't they just make it HD with a better framerate and release it for 19.99$ on the virtual console? Seems counter productive to their name if everyone thinks it's a rehash.

you wot.png

Edited by giggity3000, 24 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

1367065580450s.jpg

#54 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Couldn't they just make it HD with a better framerate and release it for 19.99$ on the virtual console? Seems counter productive to their name if everyone thinks it's a rehash.

attachicon.gifyou wot.png

I reccommend you play the games side by side so you can see the differences.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#55 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

you wot.png

If they just made the resolution and framerate higher the problems they had with the original game wouldn't have been fixed. Not to mention they wanted to do something big for the first Zelda on a home console, so they did more than most other companies do when doing an HD remake for a game. Ocarina 3D was full price, and I didn't hear anyone complain about that.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#56 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Can you translate that? lol

Ambient occlusion is a global illumination solution. It shows the effect light has bouncing off of even non reflective surfaces. Its a rather crude implementation compared to other methods, like raytracing. But its fast, and the scene doesnt need to remain static.

It has a very soft and smooth application of global illumination, sort of what youd see through a heavy diffuse filter (overcast day, or light shining through frosted glass) which is a smash for ww's art style, and the 'clay' look people are talking about.

WWHD uses screen space ambient occlusion. A solid, reliable real time application, with one noticable drawback.

Bleeding. Youll notice it as an occasional Bruce Leroy like 'glow' Around link (and others)

Contact hardening shadows also considers light bouncing and scattering when shadowing.

Basically, the farther away a shadow is from the object casting it (and said object from light source), the more ambient/scattered light gets in, diffusing (softening) the shadow.

So, say you are climbing up aryls lookout on outset island. If you look at the shadow youll notice it starts real hard and crisp, but gets softer and fuzzier the further out it gets.

Ambient occlusion, cobtact hardening shadows, and (usable) tesselation are the 3 main graphical effects dx11 brought to the table.

WWhd sports all of them. Interestingly enough, tesselation has been a part of the game since the gamecube original.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#57 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Ambient occlusion is a global illumination solution. It shows the effect light has bouncing off of even non reflective surfaces. Its a rather crude implementation compared to other methods, like raytracing. But its fast, and the scene doesnt need to remain static.It has a very soft and smooth application of global illumination, sort of what youd see through a heavy diffuse filter (overcast day, or light shining through frosted glass) which is a smash for ww's art style, and the 'clay' look people are talking about.WWHD uses screen space ambient occlusion. A solid, reliable real time application, with one noticable drawback.Bleeding. Youll notice it as an occasional Bruce Leroy like 'glow' Around link (and others)Contact hardening shadows also considers light bouncing and scattering when shadowing.Basically, the farther away a shadow is from the object casting it (and said object from light source), the more ambient/scattered light gets in, diffusing (softening) the shadow.So, say you are climbing up aryls lookout on outset island. If you look at the shadow youll notice it starts real hard and crisp, but gets softer and fuzzier the further out it gets.Ambient occlusion, cobtact hardening shadows, and (usable) tesselation are the 3 main graphical effects dx11 brought to the table.WWhd sports all of them. Interestingly enough, tesselation has been a part of the game since the gamecube original.

You got to glow to grow! to make it to the final level! Sho 'nuff!
Oh, man. Couldn't get past the Bruce Leroy bit. LOL

#58 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Question for those that played the original and have this version. How do you do the "fast sailing" thing? I know that was one of the highlighted features and I don't think I'm doing it right because it takes me forever to get to where I'm going.

You got to glow to grow! to make it to the final level! Sho 'nuff!
Oh, man. Couldn't get past the Bruce Leroy bit. LOL

Bend down and kiss my converses!

Edited by GAMER1984, 24 September 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#59 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Not in Europe. Here the game is 60 euros and that's 10 more than Pikmin 3 and 15 more than Rayman Legends. The only other game that is priced this high is NSMB U (eShop prices).

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#60 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

Not in Europe. Here the game is 60 euros and that's 10 more than Pikmin 3 and 15 more than Rayman Legends. The only other game that is priced this high is NSMB U (eShop prices).

Well, that's a Europe problem I guess. Sorry about that.

KtOSpy7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!