Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

I may get a ton of hate for this but I think SSB4 will be just a bland rehash. My reasons of thinking this is that when characters are announced they are just returns and Nintendo makes a big deal about them. That makes me think there will be even less fighters! Plus they took out story mode making less substance already. I smell a downgrade. Let the hate begin.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

POPULAR

A lot can be added to this Smash that wasn't in the old one. Improvements to the gameplay have been made, like no tripping and faster speed. Plus for the Wii U version it visually looks better. Another thing, you can't play SSBB in your car, but you can with the 3DS SSB4.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

POPULAR

1. There is a story mode, just no cutscenes 

2. There would be an outrage if there was less characters, they wouldn't risk it

3. Nintendo doesn't make a big deal on new announced characters, they make 1 miiverse post and add a page to the website. 

4. They will only announce new characters in special times, like a big Ninty Direct or E3, not in a picture on miiverse...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

POPULAR

Nintendo hasn't made a big deal about the returning characters at all. Sakurai reveals the new characters on his miiverse account and that's it. Secondly we have only seen about 12 characters so far, Nintendo won't reveal all the new characters at once. That would just diminish all the hype, where is the fun in that? Lastly we don't know about the features in SSB4. Sakurai wouldn't take out the story mode without having a replacement feature. So don't get your panties in a twist just yet, hold on a bit longer before you cast your judgment.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

POPULAR

Boy, you'd best start runnin'...

As Villager has already mentioned, the mechanics have improved over Brawl's mistakes, and the much more stable netcode of the Wii U will make the online a thriving community for those who can't or don't attend tournaments. Plus, there's Megaman. Any nay-saying becomes moot once you remember that Megaman is playable.

#6 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

#saturntopic

Really, this thread has troll written all over it. You don't even have valid argument for it being a rehash. 

#7 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention... THERE IS NO VILLAGER IN SSBB. WE NEED VILLAGER.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#8 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

They have announced three completely new characters already, and just showed the classics to make it obvious to newcomers that this is basically a nintendo crossover game. I don't see any reason to hate over that. If you are concerned about the formula becoming stale either because you have played a few hundred thousand hours more than me or because you own everyone you've ever played I would reserve your judgement until after you have played online

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

2. There would be an outrage if there was less characters, they wouldn't risk it

3. Nintendo doesn't make a big deal on new announced characters, they make 1 miiverse post and add a page to the website. 

4. They will only announce new characters in special times, like a big Ninty Direct or E3, not in a picture on miiverse...

I hope so.

I hope so.

#saturntopic

Really, this thread has troll written all over it. You don't even have valid argument for it being a rehash. 

It was a legit concern and you just labeled it what you believe to be "a typical Saturn troll thread" I havent made one in a long time. Think before you jump at me.

Signature_DK.png

#10 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

I honestly wouldn't care if they're less new characters. Every character besides Mega Man I wanted to see has already in Brawl. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sounds like you're just not giving this game any chance at all before anything is really revealed about it.

Remember when everyone decided that Rayman legends was going to be awful?  Turns out they were wrong.

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Your constant name changing is a boring rehash. 

Sounds like you're just not giving this game any chance at all before anything is really revealed about it.

Remember when everyone decided that Rayman legends was going to be awful?  Turns out they were wrong.

Nobody said Rayman Legends was going to be awful. They just got their panties in a knot because it was a Wii U exclusive. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

You can't play as villager in brawl

nuff said

794144.png?13383682

#14 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Your constant name changing is a boring rehash. 

Nobody said Rayman Legends was going to be awful. They just got their panties in a knot because it was a Wii U exclusive. 

I remember them saying it was going to be awful because it was a Wii U exclusive...

#15 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

next time you try to open your mouth to speak, stick your foot in it.

#16 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

I may get a ton of hate for this but I think SSB4 will be just a bland rehash. My reasons of thinking this is that when characters are announced they are just returns and Nintendo makes a big deal about them. That makes me think there will be even less fighters! Plus they took out story mode making less substance already. I smell a downgrade. Let the hate begin.

Dude, I would honestly prefer to not have another SubSpace Emissary or whatever it was called. And while I get where you're coming from I think it's way too early to be making judgements like this when we haven't seen all the characters.

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#17 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

What an incredibly thoughtful and in-depth post you made about why you are honestly concerned that SSB4 will be a boring rehash. I'm glad you took the time to write something meaningful, understandable, but most of all respectable. Thank you for choosing this over whining about character announcements and no story mode.

...oh wait a second. Not to be rude, but if you don't want people to think this is a troll thread perhaps some more thought and research into your original post?

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#18 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Well, we'll see whether it's boring or not, right? But I would be disappointed if it's not a rehash, I mean SSBB is already a rehash of the N64 and Gamecube games, which is perfectly alright since it's a good game to begin with.

#19 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I agree with Alex I think it will be more or less the same game with better graphics kind of sounds like a game that we all make fun of Call of Duty except without the yearly releases

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I agree with Alex I think it will be more or less the same game with better graphics kind of sounds like a game that we all make fun of Call of Duty except without the yearly releases

Even if this were the case, you just nuked your argument.

*reads thread*

Yet another sterling example of people with incredibly poor perception jumping to incredibly poor conclusions.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!