• NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

dQH41Qe.png

bYBMyJk.png

erqnYAu.png

rEly9Tb.png

I know these forums aren't the biggest fans of 3D World, are you guys still standing by your opinions after the latest trailer? 

It looks fun, but I'm still waiting for super mario Universe where you collect stars and it's one player :) and mario doesn't walk weird... I miss the way mario walked in galaxy *Sighs*

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#22 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

The E3 trailer of SMW3D is what made me pick up a Wii U back in June ... this trailer confirms I made the right decision ... it looks fantabulous !!!

I have been playing SMBU since June and still have a ways to go in the game ... I refuse to branch out too far in the game without getting all three stars in each level.  For the past two weeks I keep coming back to the game but can't nail nail Wendy in the snow area, I get to her with all 3 stars then she takes me down!

I decided I was really going to take my time with the game and not rush through it, I'll do the same with 3D World too.

While SMBU looks stunning to me, this looks even better because it looks like it was developed from the get go with the Wii U engine and not the Wii engine as SMBU was in its infancy.  

The beauty is, this game looks like it has plenty of variety in it, not just in game play but also in the art style as well ... I liked to see the level with the shadows .... neat.

Can't wait and can't wait for Betweens Worlds on the 3DS !!!

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#23 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Who else is amazed by the graphics? They are perfect.

the amount of hate this game is getting on GAF is ridiculous. one guy actually said the game looked like a 3ds game with good IQ. look guys nintewndo wont be able to win with todays gamers. the dont understand or appreciate great game design unless its brown and grey with some guy holding a gun in FPS mode. this game looks amazing and its just the START! Nintendo are gonna break hears this gen wit Wii U they are going to creat Visual masterpieces.

#24 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

It has always been the 'cartoony' art style that I have liked in video games the most.  Its the games in this style that transform me to another world, that bring me to a fantacy frame of mind, that yank me out of reality and draw me into their world.  And in my opinion, Nintendo is the best at it.  Not only do they provide plenty of visual candy and laughs along they way, they provide the best game play as well.

People are trashing Nintendo for not raising the bar with this system and its graphical capabilities, however, thier games look great and play great.  

The problem that I have always had with games that look REAL as opposed to CARTOONY, is that the first thing that comes to mind when I play them is ... how fake they look .... how far they fall short of REALLY LOOKING REAL.  I can say this about every Next Generation Game I have seen on any console.  This problem dates back to Resident Evil 1 on the PS1 ... WOW I SAID, GAMES ARE BEGINING TO LOOK REAL ... Today, games are still BEGINING TO LOOK REAL ...   

For me, it is always the games that do not try to LOOK REAL that FEEL MORE REAL to me because in my mind, I'm not pointing out how much they fell short of actually looking real.    In many cases, it is in these cartoony, kidsy games that things look better than real, they are eye popping, they give you a feeling inside and you say ... wow, that looks awesome!  I felt that way when the camera for the very first time in the game panned over the dark green trees on the right mid section in SMBU .... I loved those leaves in those trees ....  

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#25 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Looks beautiful and makes me happy to have a wiiu so yeah lol.

#26 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

It has always been the 'cartoony' art style that I have liked in video games the most. Its the games in this style that transform me to another world, that bring me to a fantacy frame of mind, that yank me out of reality and draw me into their world. And in my opinion, Nintendo is the best at it. Not only do they provide plenty of visual candy and laughs along they way, they provide the best game play as well.

People are trashing Nintendo for not raising the bar with this system and its graphical capabilities, however, thier games look great and play great.

The problem that I have always had with games that look REAL as opposed to CARTOONY, is that the first thing that comes to mind when I play them is ... how fake they look .... how far they fall short of REALLY LOOKING REAL. I can say this about every Next Generation Game I have seen on any console. This problem dates back to Resident Evil 1 on the PS1 ... WOW I SAID, GAMES ARE BEGINING TO LOOK REAL ... Today, games are still BEGINING TO LOOK REAL ...

For me, it is always the games that do not try to LOOK REAL that FEEL MORE REAL to me because in my mind, I'm not pointing out how much they fell short of actually looking real. In many cases, it is in these cartoony, kidsy games that things look better than real, they are eye popping, they give you a feeling inside and you say ... wow, that looks awesome! I felt that way when the camera for the very first time in the game panned over the dark green trees on the right mid section in SMBU .... I loved those leaves in those trees ....

I dunno. I think the best cartoony looking game ever was Jet Grind/Set Radio. But as far as milking it for decades, yeah the crown goes to Nintendo. And the latest Mario looks really good. I am just sick to death of Mario.

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Who is that green fairy that Bowser kidnaps?

Nobody knows

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

I dunno. I think the best cartoony looking game ever was Jet Grind/Set Radio. But as far as milking it for decades, yeah the crown goes to Nintendo. And the latest Mario looks really good. I am just sick to death of Mario.

I'm curious, if you are sick of Mario, which are the games that really draw you in and made you pick up the Wii U?

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Wonder what this games budget is or how mean this deadline was. Certainly has some slick shaders, god rays are lovely, wind wakers ssao returns...

But... Texture tiles are heavily, heavily repeated, lighting and shading are not unified, and mostly sets seem to be composed of 'building blocks'' asset and texture peices, for incredibly expedient design pipelines. Perhaps they want to minimize rom footprint to make digital more attractive without sacrificing texture quality? Would likely expediate loadtimes as well.

Interesting they transferred the classic 'nintendo smoke' from 2d sprites into 3d polygons but based on the same philosophy of stacking assets to create a 'flow'. Gives me the impression they are nowhere near system threshold in 3dland, and are just vulgarly wasting polygons because they can.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm curious, if you are sick of Mario, which are the games that really draw you in and made you pick up the Wii U?

Not sure if you remember but this idea was floated around that the Wii U wanted to get the "hardcore" gamer back to Nintendo. To me that meant less Mario. Lol. Oppps on that one.

I was interested in zombie U (ok, but slightly disappointing overall). Wonderful 101 ( was supposed to be out last December). Pikmin 3 (a launch window game, yeah. .. right) and Lego city Undercover. Overall really good games on the last 3. They just took there time releasing them. Don't fault them for that.

I don't regret my Wii U at all. My next purchase will probably be bayonetta 2 and/or X.

The future will bring me the new Zelda game. Can't wait. But I will be damned if I spend money on a Zelda game I beat like 10 years ago.

I like Nintendo franchises. I just want new IP's too.

I have a choice in November. Some games I have not played on a PS4 or a Mario game. ..

Edited by Dharmanator, 01 October 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#31 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

rrqvb9.jpg

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#32 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 01:38 AM.

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Wonder what this games budget is or how mean this deadline was. Certainly has some slick shaders, god rays are lovely, wind wakers ssao returns...

But... Texture tiles are heavily, heavily repeated, lighting and shading are not unified, and mostly sets seem to be composed of 'building blocks'' asset and texture peices, for incredibly expedient design pipelines. Perhaps they want to minimize rom footprint to make digital more attractive without sacrificing texture quality? Would likely expediate loadtimes as well.

Interesting they transferred the classic 'nintendo smoke' from 2d sprites into 3d polygons but based on the same philosophy of stacking assets to create a 'flow'. Gives me the impression they are nowhere near system threshold in 3dland, and are just vulgarly wasting polygons because they can.

world.
Why you analysing the screenshots?
Mario games usually look great, but they're not going to make people think a console can do HARDCORE GAMING.

the amount of hate this game is getting on GAF is ridiculous. one guy actually said the game looked like a 3ds game with good IQ. look guys nintewndo wont be able to win with todays gamers. the dont understand or appreciate great game design unless its brown and grey with some guy holding a gun in FPS mode. this game looks amazing and its just the START! Nintendo are gonna break hears this gen wit Wii U they are going to creat Visual masterpieces.

That's what happens when people don't play games.
She's probably too busy playing achievements.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

EAD Tokyo, Retro Studios, Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, and HAL are some of the best developers today. Plus up and comers such as Good Feel, Next Level, and Monster Games and veterans such as Treasure, GameFreak, and Camelot. 

i still think Nintendo needs a Minimum of 5 new developemnt studios that are tasked specifically for the smaller projects(Starfox, f-zero, waverace, 1080). miyamoto recently came ut and said their devs like to focus on the bigger titles like mario and zelda. well guess what your FANS Nintendo are itching for a new f-zero, starfox, and new ip's.... come on throw us a bone.

#35 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I don't care what anyone here says, I want a FPS by Nintendo, not Metroid, that is as colorful and vibrant as a Mario game, that's the new IP I'm looking for.

#36 Bx don

Bx don

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

This is a must have for me. Looks great and Mario is always worth the $$$
572355.png

#37 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

i cannot wait, i've been waiting a looong time for floating Peach to come back. im more excited for this game than any other 

Save the Deku trees!

#38 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

This game already looks better than any game of previous gen. There's no  way  it  looks like an amped up 3DS game, I bet a lot of this can't even be done on Xbox 360! The effects etc. are that good.

No sig.

#39 Sachmach29

Sachmach29

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

rrqvb9.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA
Hey I'm a huge mario, Zelda, and smash bros junkie, have a Wii U and 3DS and I can't upload some sweet box art concept for super smash bros :(

#40 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well, I would've gotten it anyway, but now it is priority.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!