• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Now that the wiiu has proven to some that it is next gen and that it can handle cry engine 4 . Will any of the game engines listed also be coming to the wiiu.

Capcom - panta Rhei
Konami - fox engine
Ea - frostbite 3
Square - luminous studio
Epic - unreal engine

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Now that the wiiu has proven to some that it is next gen and that it can handle cry engine 4 . Will any of the game engines listed also be coming to the wiiu.

Capcom - panta Rhei
Konami - fox engine
Ea - frostbite 3
Square - luminous studio
Epic - unreal engine

How has it proven that it is capable of running cry engine 4?  Is there a game coming out with that engine?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

How has it proven that it is capable of running cry engine 4?  Is there a game coming out with that engine?

http://www.crytek.co...e-new-cryengine

On top of these changes, the new CRYENGINE supports development on current and next generation consoles (Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Wii U™), alongside PC, with further platforms to be added in the near future.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think it was stated somewhere that Unreal Engine 4 can run on Wii U, but Epic wasn't going to bring it themselves. Everything else is unconfirmed, as none of the companies have mentioned it being able to run on Wii U (although we all know that it is possible, they just need to put some effort behind it).

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Fox engine doesnt look that good ( pes 2014)

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Fox engine doesnt look that good ( pes 2014)

Fox Engine looks horsing beautiful. Look at Metal Gear Solid 5 and see what it is doing on current gen hardware and tell me that does not look amazing.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

The Wii U not having specified dev engines was never about power, ever. It was gaming politics.

Most of the companies were EA partners and EA is still bitter at Nintendo. 

Whether or not the Wii U will receive certain game engines is 100% up to the developers.

Edited by krizzx, 09 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Fox Engine looks horsing beautiful. Look at Metal Gear Solid 5 and see what it is doing on current gen hardware and tell me that does not look amazing.

It falls apart VERY quickly.

At first I was quite impressed, saw the night run first. Texturing is fanfricking tastic. unfortunately, the weather was storming and everything fell apart. The wind wasnt an actual object in game, like it was say, in windwaker back on cube, so the animations werent unified with the wind, but were hand done and simply 'activate' a canned animation, which ends up with glaring problems like instanced animations, where you have 2 dozen tents all doing the exact same wind animation at the same time. The texturing helps hide it (that wonderfully drawn and animated texturing) but it falls apart hard at oblique angles, and shows through the seriously bad geometry animations. The flora was also a sore standout. Snakes model is pretty dang good, but the same cant be said for the poor nameless random guards.

Then I saw the daylight run... Harsh harsh daylight...
The fox engine is indeed wonderful... But on the aging ps360.. Its just a guilding thats bursting around the seams.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have very little doubt that all these engines COULD come to the Wii U. Unfortunately devs just don't WANT to to do it. They don't want to put any effort in to consoles anymore which is why the PS4 and Xbone are essentially twins yet again. They want a copy/paste job, or at least as close to it as physically possible.

pNgecl.gif

#10 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

I have very little doubt that all these engines COULD come to the Wii U. Unfortunately devs just don't WANT to to do it. They don't want to put any effort in to consoles anymore which is why the PS4 and Xbone are essentially twins yet again. They want a copy/paste job, or at least as close to it as physically possible.

Sounds about right. Of course they'll bring up the inevitable "production costs" argument, unaware that reflects on THEM and not Nintendo. It amazes me at how 3rd party devs can't be expected to do their jobs properly anymore

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Sounds about right. Of course they'll bring up the inevitable "production costs" argument, unaware that reflects on THEM and not Nintendo. It amazes me at how 3rd party devs can't be expected to do their jobs properly anymore

What do you expect? The majority of third party games these days are either just over hyped sequels *cough* GTA *cough*, movie games like the Last of Us AKA Uncharted: The Walking Dead version, or $60 FPS expansion packs with a 4 hour tacked on single player campaign that's practically on rails.

Somewhere this gen, game developers forgot how to make games. Personally I think it comes from the inflated budgets. Games these days cost so much to make that developers can't take risks to try new things in fear of it failing and bankrupting the studio. So instead they pump all their time, energy and money in to the graphics, cg movies, and hype machines aka the gaming 'media'. It's sad.

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!