• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

I thought i read somewhere that this was going to be 60fps & 1080p.

Edited by alan666, 26 February 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#42 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

I thought i read somewhere that this was going to be 60fps & 1080p.

You probablu did, and it was probably wrong.

Games still squeaky clean looking at 720.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#43 Mike12Nite

Mike12Nite

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

You probablu did, and it was probably wrong.

Games still squeaky clean looking at 720.

I'm praying they add some AA before launch. The clean 60fps footage that was released for download looks great but there is zero AA. Do these guys usually add AA later on in development? Isn't iterating it just like flipping a switch? Honestly the lack of AA is killing the visuals for me :(

#44 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm praying they add some AA before launch. The clean 60fps footage that was released for download looks great but there is zero AA. Do these guys usually add AA later on in development? Isn't iterating it just like flipping a switch? Honestly the lack of AA is killing the visuals for me :(

And AA is Anti Alliasing? Or something like that right?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#45 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

And AA is Anti Alliasing? Or something like that right?

Yes.

pNgecl.gif

#46 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

whats the point if it's not 60fps & 1080p  :angry:

#47 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

The point probably being its a kick arse game, with phenominal gameplay, in a time where most games are worthless crap with 50-100 million dollars of pointless cancerous fluff crammed into them?

ss_140210_0031.jpg

They might.

But I honestly wouldnt waste the resources on a game played on a couch 6-8 feet away from the tv if I were them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#48 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yes.

And what does it do exactly?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#49 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

It basically makes the game's geometry look smoother that it actually is. 

pNgecl.gif

#50 megafenix

megafenix

Blooper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

the game really looks nice for me, even if ends up at 720p60fps still looks great and stunning, and like shinen said, just puting your game at 1080p wont make it more pretty, there are things that are bettter to use instead of using the reources for more resolution. Like post fx or filtering, AA and other materials

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

It blurs edges to make them appear less sharp.

This game looks very fluid and fast-paced.
AA might be a waste of time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

I have been playing DK:TF lately. That game has me thinking of actual gameplay, and not looking for graphical items to compare. 

Platinum makes the same types of games-the kind that take you back to a period of time to which you were oblivious to this stuff. Ikaruga and Assault Android cactus do this for me as well. 

I guess I am suggesting that this concern over resolution is a bit like wondering how a bourbon was aged, and becoming a snob about it. When you were younger, you drank and had fun, but when you became a liquor snob, the inherent joy was lessened. 

The same thing appears to be happening with the gaming community. 

Sorry for being off topic. I guess I can always play Bayo 2 on my PC to get my graphics fix-oh wait...

#53 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

I resent the implication - I have ALWAYS been a resolution snob thank you very much! :P

It comes from having gamed on PC since the very first 3D cards came out.  Before advanced graphical effects showed up, the biggest gain WAS an increase in resolution.

I agree its not necessarily the same today, but still if you can have the same game at 720p or at 1080p there is no denying the higher resolution is better.

For me its more the fact if I JUST wanted 1080p I can use PC, but I bought a new console to get 1080p ON A CONSOLE.  That console was PS4 though, I only ever expected 720p on Wii U and with games like Super Mario 3D World you really don't care about resolution so much.  I mean sure it WOULD look better at 1080p, but its not a game really about the small details anyway.

Its more racing games or shooters where being able to see someone in the distance can have a tangible advantage on the game play.  Or (and I know I will get bashed for this) in Knack where as he gets bigger they zoom out the camera so everything else gets smaller.  That was clearly done to show off how can you still clearly see everything in 1080p.  So yes, 1080p can actually be part of the art style but its not always "essential".

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!