52 replies to this topic

#1 Rickhunter7

Rickhunter7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hi.

Bayonetta 2 is a game I'm really excited about and just recently I heard that it will be running at 1080p 60fps on the Wii U. Do you know this to be true? because if it is true I will be 400% more hyped that I already am, which is a lot.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

It is unconfirmed at the moment.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

It seem like it did when I saw it in person at Comic Con. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I was one of the first people on any site to suggest it would. Most people just have such a negative outlook on Wii U hardware they dont think its capable to have a game on that level running that smooth plus 1080p. i think it is possible and is going to happen. Time will tell though.

Edited by GAMER1984, 18 October 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I was one of the first people on any site to suggest it would. Most people just have such a negative outlook on Wii U hardware they dont think its capable to have a game on that level running that smooth plus 1080p. i think it is possible and is going to happen. Time will tell though.

If it is in 1080p then the fanboys will decide that it's OBVIOUSLY because of Bayonetta's cartoony graphics..... -_-

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

If it is in 1080p then the fanboys will decide that it's OBVIOUSLY because of Bayonetta's cartoony graphics..... -_-

yeah there will be an excuse there always is one with Wii U.

#7 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

yeah there will be an excuse there always is one with Wii U.

Will look forward to reading ign troll/fanboy comments on the review. Should be entertaining .

#8 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

I would be shocked if its 1080p native.  The Wii U has a good upscaler built in, so I think its more likely that its 720p and the upscaler is doing a good job.  The super smooth framerate plays a factor as well, I personally think 60fps over 30fps makes for much cleaner animation on screen than the difference in resolutions.  If Platinum does indeed have the game at 1080p, I would bet that they wont be using any AA.   

#9 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Can someone explain the UPSCALING to me ...720 to 1080 as opposed to true 1080?  How does it work, what are its benefits and pitfalls?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#10 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

Can someone explain the UPSCALING to me ...720 to 1080 as opposed to true 1080?  How does it work, what are its benefits and pitfalls?

short version is it streaches the screen to 1080p, side effects usualy leave the jaggys taking up 2 pixels and/or a slightly more blurry image than true 1080p.

#11 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Guys i am not a tech guy but if ps3 and xbox can run games at 1080p( native or upscaled ) then why cant wii u games run at 1080p

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Guys i am not a tech guy but if ps3 and xbox can run games at 1080p( native or upscaled ) then why cant wii u games run at 1080p

Of course the wii u can run games at 1080p. But running at 1080p requires almost double the pixel fillrate over 720p. That means that it would compete for resources with other things that also use that fillrate, such as post op effects/filters.

Thats why 99% of ps360 games that are 1080p are much simpler/have much less graphical effects, and/or run at half the framerate.

Bayo2 has a veeeeeeeerrrryyyy clean image quality, so clean, that i dont think anyone would REALLY moan too much about whether its 720 or 1080.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm sure it'll be 720p.

"journalists" can make guesses based on the games being played on tv's but they have no idea, same with the reps at the events.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

If its a 1080p TV the game is running on it should be fairly easy to tell if you can get close enough to examine the pixels, unless of course its running at some odd resolution between the two and upscaling from that.

Another clever trick they like to pull is rendering the HUD at 1080p while the game itself is running at less.  That can make it a bit more tricky as the HUD is where its easiest to spot pixel doubling.  Its a nice trick to keep any on screen text nice and sharp though, definitely worth doing even if it doesn't give you the main benefits of native 1080p - more details in the picture and less visible aliasing.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#15 Thrash13

Thrash13

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Donkey Kong

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Most XBox One and PS4 games won't be even be running at native 1080p and/or 60fps.  There was an article the other day stating there are more Wii U games that run at 1080 and 60fps than the other next-gen consoles.  Pretty intriguing stuff.

#16 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

If its a 1080p TV the game is running on it should be fairly easy to tell if you can get close enough to examine the pixels, unless of course its running at some odd resolution between the two and upscaling from that.

Another clever trick they like to pull is rendering the HUD at 1080p while the game itself is running at less.  That can make it a bit more tricky as the HUD is where its easiest to spot pixel doubling.  Its a nice trick to keep any on screen text nice and sharp though, definitely worth doing even if it doesn't give you the main benefits of native 1080p - more details in the picture and less visible aliasing.

I honestly don't know why every modern console game doesn't do that (including the Wii U Menu, which sadly only runs at native 720p).

Edited by Arkhandar, 19 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#17 Rickhunter7

Rickhunter7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm sure it'll be 720p.

"journalists" can make guesses based on the games being played on tv's but they have no idea, same with the reps at the events.

This wouldn't be bad, I think I'm gonna love the game no matter the native resolution of it.

That's a clever trick indeed.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

This wouldn't be bad, I think I'm gonna love the game no matter the native resolution of it.

yeah, you don't want to get into the resolution/power/graphics battle, it's a downhill battle.

The game looks fun, even to me, and I don't usually like the type of game it is. That's all they need.

Edited by Nollog, 19 October 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

yeah, you don't want to get into the resolution/power/graphics battle, it's a downhill battle.

The game looks fun, even to me, and I don't usually like the type of game it is. That's all they need.

yeah Nintendo fans want to feel like they belong and want to be mentioned in same breath as Sony and microsoft. The Wiiu is NEVER going to be taken seriously from the hardcore graphic whore crowd so gamers get over it... just play the games and have fun. I just beat Wonderful 101 today and it was one of the best games i have played since the N64 area of gaming. Platinum gained my respect as one of the best developers out and i think Bayo 2 is going to top W101. they said the development teams were competing with each other to try and 1 up each other with crazy actions scenes. so i expect Bayonetta 2 to be a smash and its going to sell a lot better than people think.

#20 TheWayYouAre

TheWayYouAre

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

yeah Nintendo fans want to feel like they belong and want to be mentioned in same breath as Sony and microsoft. The Wiiu is NEVER going to be taken seriously from the hardcore graphic whore crowd so gamers get over it... just play the games and have fun. I just beat Wonderful 101 today and it was one of the best games i have played since the N64 area of gaming. Platinum gained my respect as one of the best developers out and i think Bayo 2 is going to top W101. they said the development teams were competing with each other to try and 1 up each other with crazy actions scenes. so i expect Bayonetta 2 to be a smash and its going to sell a lot better than people think.

This

Just clear the W101 last weekend. A great game so far in my opinion

This

Just clear the W101 last weekend. A great game so far in my opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!