• 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

10889662455_1dc10b5f6f_o.jpg
10896490804_506c8da1be_o.jpg

Some Zombi U

Daycare center is probably the most scary areas in all of games, in my opinion... just because it's a daycare.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#62 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Daycare center is probably the most scary areas in all of games, in my opinion... just because it's a daycare.

I didn't like it (too much cliché), aside from the basement section. The bunker was way more scarier imo.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#63 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Just found out Nintendo has its own screenshot site. 

https://i.nintendo.net/wiiu/

Great shots from everyone. I'm going to upload some Splinter Cell ones.

#64 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Finished up another run through of Xenoblade, playing pandoras tower now. Man I wish I could screenshot the wii games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#65 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Finished up another run through of Xenoblade, playing pandoras tower now. Man I wish I could screenshot the wii games.

I wish I could get into Xenoblade. I bought it when it came out and tried it, but I just couldn't get into it. Then I got The Last Story and never looked back.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#66 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

I wish I could get into Xenoblade. I bought it when it came out and tried it, but I just couldn't get into it. Then I got The Last Story and never looked back.

Its not your kind of rpg. I cant stand rpg's like the last story, they are full of the things I put up with in rpg's just to get to enjoy the bits I love.... WIth the bits I love removed.

A rpg with no overworld is a complete and absolute no go for me. Not even all the banannas in the world will cure my claustrophobic boredom.

So its only natural someone who enjoys those things rpg's like the last story prioritizes, would find a game mostly without those parts, like xenoblade, which priotitizes the thrill of exploring and discovering the gigantic world first and foremost, hard to get into.

Or maybe you killed yourself with unnamed npc sidequests. I think that gets a lot of people. Xenoblade had a TON of sidequests, far, far FAR more than anyone would ever need to max affinity, or gain levels (the higher your level the less points you get...) so that nobody got screwed by missing people, or accidentally getting npc's killed off, and ensured the player could always get everything they wanted even if they missed characters x,y and z.

It was convenient in the fact the player could load up with quests, and then just mess around and explore and a large amount of the quests would end up being autocompleted, enough to boost town affinity and level up.

Unfortunately, this proved the undoing of many players, who just absolutely HAD to do every single sidequest. A lot of the non named npc ones were rather inane as they were meant to be completed passively, or ignored, and purposefully forcing yourself to do every single one directly would likely drive one bonkers....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#67 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Its not your kind of rpg. I cant stand rpg's like the last story, they are full of the things I put up with in rpg's just to get to enjoy the bits I love.... WIth the bits I love removed.

A rpg with no overworld is a complete and absolute no go for me. Not even all the banannas in the world will cure my claustrophobic boredom.

So its only natural someone who enjoys those things rpg's like the last story prioritizes, would find a game mostly without those parts, like xenoblade, which is priotitizes the thrill of exploring and discovering the gigantic world first and foremost, hard to get into.

Either that are you killed yourself with unnamed npc sidequests. I think that gets a lot of people. Xenoblade had a TON of sidequests, far, far FAR more than anyone would ever need to max affinity, or gain levels (the higher your level the less points you get...) so that nobody got screwed by missing people, or accidentally getting npc's killed off, and ensured the player could always get everything they wanted even if they missed characters x,y and z.

It was convenient in the fact the player could load up with quests, and then just mess around and explore and a large amount of the quests would end up being autocompleted, enough to boost town affinity and level up.

Unfortunately, this proved the undoing of many players, who just absolutely HAD to do every single sidequest. A lot of the non named npc ones were rather inane as they were meant to be completed passovey, or ignored, and purposefully forcing yourself to do everysingle one directly would likely drive people bonkers....

It wasn't the massive overworld or large amount of sidequests that didn't hook me on Xenoblade; I couldn't get into the combat, which is what sold me on The Last Story (I think we talked about this before). I liked that The Last Story's were more action-like than most JRPGs. I'm not a big RPG guy mainly because of combat (and length, but that's a personal problem that isn't the game's fault), so The Last Story was a breath of fresh air for me.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

It wasn't the massive overworld or large amount of sidequests that didn't hook me on Xenoblade; I couldn't get into the combat, which is what sold me on The Last Story (I think we talked about this before). I liked that The Last Story's were more action-like than most JRPGs. I'm not a big RPG guy mainly because of combat (and length, but that's a personal problem that isn't the game's fault), so The Last Story was a breath of fresh air for me.

The combat system in tls was definately its strongest point. That and the banannas.

You might want to try xenoblade again though, the combat system definately isnt standard jrpg fare, though it certainly isnt as action packed as the last story... But its definately not a passive system either, and its optional boss battles (or playing the game underleveled) allows for layers of strategems that far eclipse anything tls has to offer, even considering the ability to choose stealth and perform ambushes. It does take a while for the battle system to open up though. I recall being rather frusterated with it at first as well. It seemed to really open up after the final bit of the 4th area, when the break and topple combo stopped being the only worthwhile things you could do. Thats when the really creative stuff started getting introduced, and it became really worthwhile to start playing as other characters than shulk.

You might find similarities to tls' command mode, and spirit attacks in xenoblades combat.

Of course, this could also easily run you well over a hundred hours so... yeah XD.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

on the edge, seige the castle, fit to be tied ...

Attached Thumbnails

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_01522.jpg
  • WiiU_screenshot_TV_0115F.jpg
  • WiiU_screenshot_TV_01599.jpg

Edited by RETROBLAST, 04 December 2013 - 04:32 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#70 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

I really liked this stage in SM3DW . 

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0145c_by_sorceror12-d

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#71 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

That 3D Mario pic looks like Luigi mansion to me.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#72 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

That 3D Mario pic looks like Luigi mansion to me.

Yeah it reminded me very much of that, which is probably why I liked it. Would love to see a Luigis Mansion game, whether hd port from dark moon or new..

#73 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Pikmin 3 none story shots.

Chrimbo free dlc

jS5UR8cWoEx9c.jpg

Menu screen

jfSSJbvvoboTk.jpg

Being stalked.

jvIOsrkyaR1Zh.jpg

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#74 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

After purchasing Super Mario 3D World, it looks so freakin' gorgeous... especially in scaled full HD!

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_0145_C.jpg

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#75 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

After purchasing Super Mario 3D World, it looks so freakin' gorgeous... especially in scaled full HD!

You are supposed to wear reflective sunglasses to do that mario....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#76 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

You are supposed to wear reflective sunglasses to do that mario....

Something tells me they wouldn't work...

KtOSpy7.jpg

#77 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Something tells me they wouldn't work...

What? No, its so nobody else can see your eyes and tell what you are REALLY looking at.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#78 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Dragon breath incoming!!!

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#79 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

What? No, its so nobody else can see your eyes and tell what you are REALLY looking at.

Wouldn't it also make it look like his glasses are cracked hehe.

#80 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

World 2 complete!

"Let's dance, boys!"