Photo

If 3D World fails to boost sales, I'm going to start to worry...

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Don't know, don't care. If millions of people don't buy the system then big deal. Third parties aren't bringing their games? If all I'm missing is Battlefield, Madden, and the like then I don't really care. I quit caring about this console war BS a while back. Instead I'll just by the games I like and if either console eventually gets a library that I feel warrants the cash then I'll buy. 

pNgecl.gif

#42 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

3D world just shouldn't be released on the same day as the Xbox One.

794144.png?13383682

#43 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

I don't think it matters either way, in fact Nintendo is smart by releasing Mario 3D world, Zelda LBW, and Mario Party Island Tour all on the same day.. let people put their money where their mouth is.

The holiday season has already begun, black friday and cyber monday is coming soon. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 17 November 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#44 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Don't know, don't care. If millions of people don't buy the system then big deal. Third parties aren't bringing their games? If all I'm missing is Battlefield, Madden, and the like then I don't really care. I quit caring about this console war BS a while back. Instead I'll just by the games I like and if either console eventually gets a library that I feel warrants the cash then I'll buy. 

Which is why I've also sworn off anyone who mentions words such as "specs", "marketing", or "advertising." Unless you know what you're talking about with those topics (and practically no one who is on a videogame forum DOES) then please shut your mouth and quite embarrassing yourselves. It's just gotten so freaking tiring and BORING it's made me realize Nintendo have to be SAINTS to deal with people like these and not lose their minds.

#45 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hold up. Theres a new Zelda game coming out soon?

#46 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hold up. Theres a new Zelda game coming out soon?

On 3ds next week.

On wii u...

Not 'soon' soon, but its well into development. Too bad nintendo absolutely refuses to show it.

Oh well, you want nintendo to show you everything their is to doin 3dland and spoil the entire game? SURE.

Oh, here, have more videos of fricking donkey kong.

What? You want to see something thats more stimulating and engaging than simple level based platformers? Oh hell yeah nintendos got some wicked shiznit cooking. Oh man you wish you could see this stuff.

What? You want to see it? NO!!!

Please understand.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#47 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

On 3ds next week.

On wii u...

Not 'soon' soon, but its well into development. Too bad nintendo absolutely refuses to show it.

Oh well, you want nintendo to show you everything their is to doin 3dland and spoil the entire game? SURE.

Oh, here, have more videos of fricking donkey kong.

What? You want to see something thats more stimulating and engaging than simple level based platformers? Oh hell yeah nintendos got some wicked shiznit cooking. Oh man you wish you could see this stuff.

What? You want to see it? NO!!!

Please understand.

Your thoughts on this 3dude? We know that Nintendo has come close twice to revealing the new Zelda for Wii U. they almost showed at E3 this year... and the recent comicon they was a rumor Aonuma almost showed it there. Would it not benefit Nintendo with all the negative press of Wii U and it spec/graphical ability to show the reveal with in game footage at the upcoming VGA awards? I am not a fan of the award show but it has become a big event and a lot of "so called" hardcore gamers pay attention to it. I think it would be the perfect time for a reval. We know thee game is far along enough to do it. Show in game footage that drops the jaws and leave the its on par with 7th gen crap WAY behind and walk away like BOSS.... thoughts?

Edited by GAMER1984, 17 November 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#48 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Your thoughts on this 3dude? We know that Nintendo has come close twice to revealing the new Zelda for Wii U. they almost showed at E3 this year... and the recent comicon they was a rumor Aonuma almost showed it there. Would it not benefit Nintendo with all the negative press of Wii U and it spec/graphical ability to show the reveal with in game footage at the upcoming VGA awards? I am not a fan of the award show but it has become a big event and a lot of "so called" hardcore gamers pay attention to it. I think it would be the perfect time for a reval. We know thee game is far along enough to do it. Show in game footage that drops the jaws and leave the its on par with 7th gen crap WAY behind and walk away like BOSS.... thoughts?

Ugh, the VGAs, sorry, VGX (I hate myself for having to type that) is a cesspool. It's no wonder Nintendo doesn't get within a thousand miles of that crappy show.

#49 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ugh, the VGAs, sorry, VGX (I hate myself for having to type that) is a cesspool. It's no wonder Nintendo doesn't get within a thousand miles of that crappy show.

I know like i said i am not a fan of the show and has never watched one... But it would be a GREAT opportunity for Nintendo to give shock value to everyone and say yeah we are here watch this zelda U trailer and let it melt your faces.... WE OUT!

#50 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I know like i said i am not a fan of the show and has never watched one... But it would be a GREAT opportunity for Nintendo to give shock value to everyone and say yeah we are here watch this zelda U trailer and let it melt your faces.... WE OUT!

Which is why they wouldn't do it. They have more respect for themselves and the medium than to acknowledge that show exists.

#51 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

Nintendo has seem to changed their release dates for games to Friday/Saturday now. Why are they doing this? Probably because they think they can stop some XBone sales. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#52 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

What really worries me is that Nintendo is still banking on Mario,Zelda,DonkeyK,etc. I love those games but new blood would be a welcome edition.

#53 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Which is why they wouldn't do it. They have more respect for themselves and the medium than to acknowledge that show exists.

probably true but they need to do a better job at marketing especially their core titles are the ones they say are for "highly skilled" gamers like MK8, Zelda U, Bayo 2, X, Smash... they need to really hype those titles and they do a horrible job at doing this. i have to hype myself for most Nintendo games.

#54 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

New Super Mario Bros U. Pikmin 3.  LoZ: WWHD, 3D World, Zelda U. WatchDogs, ACIV, Most Wanted U, Lego City Undercover, Zombie U, Giana sisters, Oliver & spike, hat in time, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Donkey Kong, some other misc titles. I'm good for a year or two. Not really worried. The only games I do want that I can't play is The Crew, The Witness, and KHIII. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#55 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

What really worries me is that Nintendo is still banking on Mario,Zelda,DonkeyK,etc. I love those games but new blood would be a welcome edition.

those games will come they have the hardware for it now. We got many new ip's its just people dont accept games like Wii party, Wii sports resort, and such as new ip's but they are but just were built around motion controls instead of graphics. But now they are playing with power and have the opportunity to "surprise" as Miyamoto would say.

#56 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

probably true but they need to do a better job at marketing especially their core titles are the ones they say are for "highly skilled" gamers like MK8, Zelda U, Bayo 2, X, Smash... they need to really hype those titles and they do a horrible job at doing this. i have to hype myself for most Nintendo games.

They'll do it when the time comes. Also, why the heck are people so obsessed with "marketing" when it is one of the most boring things in gaming. Talking about it can't even be called a discussion, it's just WHINING. It's just people wallowing in throwing out stuff like "advertising" and ultimately not accomplishing anything other than killing some time and making yourself miserable. It is why I will not take someone seriously when they throw out a term like "marketing." It's just dumb.

Edited by Aiddon, 17 November 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#57 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Nintendo has seem to changed their release dates for games to Friday/Saturday now. Why are they doing this? Probably because they think they can stop some XBone sales. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#58 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

those games will come they have the hardware for it now. We got many new ip's its just people dont accept games like Wii party, Wii sports resort, and such as new ip's but they are but just were built around motion controls instead of graphics. But now they are playing with power and have the opportunity to "surprise" as Miyamoto would say.

I do consider them new ip but it's just does nothing for me and I'm hoping Nintendo takes advantage of this hardware, the only game that really gives me hope is X. That's not to say In not looking forward to their marque titles like Mario,Zelda,DonkeyK, etc. but X feels new and hopefully they build on that.

#59 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Even the 3DS picked up once Mario Kart and 3D Land came out. 

Perhaps, but we don't have Mario Kart coming out until next year.

With the currently announced titles, only Mario Kart and SSB4 have any chance of making me want the console, so I'm not at all shocked by the failed sales with the rest. Especially NSMBU and WWHD.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#60 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I do consider them new ip but it's just does nothing for me and I'm hoping Nintendo takes advantage of this hardware, the only game that really gives me hope is X. That's not to say In not looking forward to their marque titles like Mario,Zelda,DonkeyK, etc. but X feels new and hopefully they build on that.

you wont be disappointed unless you want to be

They'll do it when the time comes. Also, why the heck are people so obsessed with "marketing" when it is one of the most boring things in gaming. Talking about it can't even be called a discussion, it's just WHINING. It's just people wallowing in throwing out stuff like "advertising" and ultimately not accomplishing anything other than killing some time and making yourself miserable. It is why I will not take someone seriously when they throw out a term like "marketing." It's just dumb.

when i say marketing i dont just mean commercials. HYPE your stuff get the consumers excited about the games. It really isnt that hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!