Photo

If 3D World fails to boost sales, I'm going to start to worry...

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Nintendo has seem to changed their release dates for games to Friday/Saturday now. Why are they doing this? Probably because they think they can stop some XBone sales. 

But at the same time, xbox one will probably be stopping some Wii U sales.

And vice virsa.

It's the cirrrrrrrcle of, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

794144.png?13383682

#62 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

when i say marketing i dont just mean commercials. HYPE your stuff get the consumers excited about the games. It really isnt that hard.

even talking about that is boring. People whining about it accomplishes NOTHING. There's no point to doing something that makes you miserable. It's why I swore off talking about it because it's just meaningless

#63 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

even talking about that is boring. People whining about it accomplishes NOTHING. There's no point to doing something that makes you miserable. It's why I swore off talking about it because it's just meaningless

ok so dont like "marketing" no commercial no talking about your games... what should they do?

#64 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

[quote name="GAMER1984" post="256783" timestamp="1384755048"]you wont be disappointed unless you want to be

I'm not going in wanting To be disappointed I actually expect Nintendo to make more new triple AAA ips like a xenoblade. They have the talent and those are my expectations, if Microsoft and Sony can attain exclusives like Titan Fall or the order 1886 (granted we don't even know if it's a good game but they look interesting and AAA quality) I feel Nintendo can produce or get exclusives this gen like that. X and Bayo2 is a big step into that direction and I just hope Nintendo can make more games since their just real good at it.

#65 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

[quote name="GAMER1984" post="256783" timestamp="1384755048"]you wont be disappointed unless you want to be

I'm not going in wanting To be disappointed I actually expect Nintendo to make more new triple AAA ips like a xenoblade. They have the talent and those are my expectations, if Microsoft and Sony can attain exclusives like Titan Fall or the order 1886 (granted we don't even know if it's a good game but they look interesting and AAA quality) I feel Nintendo can produce or get exclusives this gen like that. X and Bayo2 is a big step into that direction and I just hope Nintendo can make more games since their just real good at it.

they are not just "real good" they are the best. Very few developers can achieve what Nintendo achieves every outing. the attention to detail and quality in their games are top notch and second to none. also exciting to hear the EAD tokyo team that works on Mario games has another game in the work that is suppose to be a new ip.... so yes they are coming and by the time 2014 is running out all the negative stuff that is being said about nintendo and the Wii U will be drying up pby the day.

#66 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have been saying this for a long time. The game will be okay for a Mario game but WILL FAIL TO SELL UNITS.

All a game like this does is cater to the people who ALREADY LIKE MARIO and NINTENDO. NINTENDO NEEDS TO CATER THE kid AND ADULT (that doesn't have any interest in nintendo atm). Idk if you see Mario as not childish or W/E, millions of  people DO see Nintendo that way.

Oh and the Ps4 will outsell the Wii U in the first 3 months of realase. #watchthisspace.

#67 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I have been saying this for a long time. The game will be okay for a Mario game but WILL FAIL TO SELL UNITS.

All a game like this does is cater to the people who ALREADY LIKE MARIO and NINTENDO. NINTENDO NEEDS TO CATER THE kid AND ADULT (that doesn't have any interest in nintendo atm). Idk if you see Mario as not childish or W/E, millions of  people DO see Nintendo that way.

Oh and the Ps4 will outsell the Wii U in the first 3 months of realase. #watchthisspace.

I'm one of those that say Nintendo caters to the younger side of gameing but to say Mario won't move units is pretty hardcore. Seriously to many "hardcore" gamers have been waiting for a Mario or any other big franchise that Nintendo has so they can buy a wiiu. Nintendo may put there focus on the casual gamer but that doesn't mean it's not making games that will be great for everyone.

#68 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Didn't Nintendo just recently drop the price of the Wii U?  They could of released Mario Kart 8 early and added on stuff to it (DLC, more tracks, characters, etc) later on. Nintendo has done an absolute dreadful job of creating hype for this console and it's been out for a year. They focused on the 3DS too much when the 3DS had already picked up from its slow start, now its coming to bite them in the ass. They had an entire year to prepare themselves for the launch of the PS4/XBone. 

Yeah, Nintendo should have been more prepared and done everything within their power to get MK8 out before xmas. 

#69 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Another one: Super Mario 3D Worlds is the best preorder game: http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=496994 all signs!

Another one: Super Mario 3D Worlds is the best preorder game: http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=496994 all signs!

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#70 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

seeing more people on gaf starting to want a wiiU do to games, so it should atleast help out on sales, but it still will probly sit below X1 and PS4 in terms of sales for a while.

#71 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

ok so dont like "marketing" no commercial no talking about your games... what should they do?

simple, something constructive or a discussion that actually GOES somewhere. People trying to talk about marketing goes nowhere beyond whining and quite frankly it's just a miserable experience for everyone involved. It's pathetic and it's just a waste of time.

#72 Thrash13

Thrash13

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Donkey Kong

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

There are a bunch of people who have held out on getting a Wii U until now, and 3D World will move a lot of units for sure.  I'm a big Nintendo guy, and I haven't gotten a Wii U yet.  I should be getting one later this year, however, and 3D World will be the first game I get.  The announcement of Mario Kart 8 is the main reason I'm going with a Wii U, but 3D World will definitely end up in the top 5 Wii U titles of all time when the system is all said and done sometime in the future.  

I definitely think a lot of people will come on board the Wii U bandwagon for this game, but if for some reason that doesn't happen, I think it's fair to worry a little.  The real worry will come if MK8 and Smash Bros. Wii U don't move units, but this is definitely one of Nintendo's huge titles.

#73 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

this.... and Donkey Kong..... and then have some of their other titles available right after Christmas- bayonetta, smash, x etc.

Yeah, Nintendo should have been more prepared and done everything within their power to get MK8 out before xmas. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!