Photo

Shouldnt Watchdogs dynamic city work well with the Wii U's CPU?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Mike12Nite

Mike12Nite

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hello guys Im new here. Been reading around the forums and its nice to see a Nintendo community having people that are well knowledged and unbiased. I've been learning a lot from here.

Anyways this might be a noob question but Ive been reading that the Wii U outperforms the jaguar cpu in things like general purpose, but Espresso comes short in flops and number of cores. With that in mind, since things like general purpose is somewhere that the Wii u Cpu shines, shouldnt the dynamic city of Watchdogs carry over well on the Wii U? Like just as well as the other consoles? Also what is the advantave of having all of that simd on the ps4/x1? Like what is simd's role in cpus and how important is tht going to be moving forward? Does the Wii U have its own way of dealing with this?

Thanks

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

No if we couldn't get Wii U ports to riun superior to PS360 why do you think Watchdogs is going to be anything but a WiiU port of 360 vevrsion that runs worst.

#3 Mike12Nite

Mike12Nite

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Actually, gamer I agree, I dont expect this version to be treated seriously at all, I actually meant to say that. Im sure itll look and play horribly. I was talking hypothetically if they actually utilized the hardware correctly.

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

Actually, gamer I agree, I dont expect this version to be treated seriously at all, I actually meant to say that. Im sure itll look and play horribly. I was talking hypothetically if they actually utilized the hardware correctly.

I heard it's because the Wii U is basicallly 8 year old tech, 360 betta.

On a serious note, the ubi ports actually do not look and play horribly. In fact, splinter cell black list on Wii U was given the edge for a more solid frame rate and gamepad integration. AssCreed IV actually is closer to the PS4 and Xbox 1 when it comes to certain aspects of the game including better draw distance, Rayman easily the best (nuff said about that) .

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 December 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

... I thought the look we got it was better than ps360 but not quite ps4/one. I dont understand why, since the Wii U can handle everything they can pretty much. Oh well I'll still get the Wii U version.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

In theory, since it's got a balance of CPU and GPU, it would work pretty well.
However, I don't think they'll manage to make the necessary changes to make it work well with the hardware in mind.

I'm fully sure what they're looking into is how to use the gamepad, rather than making a game that runs well first, then focus on additional features.

Edited by Nollog, 08 December 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Depends on how the game was written.

Being that 360 was the lead system for the sku the wii u will be running (lets be real folks, ubisoft never REALLY gave the wii u a shot) the best we can hope for is maybe some sharper textures, vsync, and not godawful performance.

Although, to be perfectly honest, I am pretty certain that even on the ps4 this 'dynamic city' is going to be hlariously primitive in its actual execution compared to the boasting ubisoft is going on about.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

No if we couldn't get Wii U ports to riun superior to PS360....

Isn't that an optimization problem on the development side?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Isn't that an optimization problem on the development side?

Either way it just isn't happening. Its sad to me because I sisnt have high expectations for the WiiU on the performance side. I thought it could be the perfection of a 7th gen console. More ram better textures, modern gpu, efficient CPU... And the edram this console should be doing more than we are seeing even from 3rd parties. I just wish we could get someone to talk truthfully about the hardware the good and the bad as far as 3rd parties are concerned.

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

(lets be real folks, ubisoft never REALLY gave the wii u a shot) 

I love how Nintendo has the exact same number of games on Wii U as Ubisoft does, and that's even if you do count New Super Luigi U as a full game.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

I love how Nintendo has the exact same number of games on Wii U as Ubisoft does, and that's even if you do count New Super Luigi U as a full game.

Except nintendos games for wii u arent:
1 transferred 360 project.
A bunch of crapped out 360 ports.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Except nintendos games for wii u arent:
1 transferred 360 project.
A bunch of crapped out 360 ports.

minus rayman legends  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Except nintendos games for wii u arent:1 transferred 360 project.A bunch of crapped out 360 ports.

You know what, you're right. They put out fully working games, but they didn't use the gigglebizzies and floppy floos, gosh dang it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

they have said it is in between but closer to ps3/x360 but until we see some gameplay footage we don't know.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Apparently it was at Comic Con, but no footage came out.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

they have said it is in between but closer to ps3/x360 but until we see some gameplay footage we don't know.

Yeah I read the same, it's going to be like AC4 with improved graphics and some game pad hack tools.
Wonder if they will keep the frame rate and resalution good?
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#17 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

I wounder Why didn't  UBI soft develop Wii U games and not just port from other systems?

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

I wounder Why didn't  UBI soft develop Wii U games and not just port from other systems?

Because they never really had any intention of giving nintendo real support

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Because they never really had any intention of giving nintendo real support

U mad?

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

U mad?

Dissapointed. Like i am withh 99.99% of the garbage that passes for gaming today, and how publishers have conditioned them into not just accepting, but pavlovically conditioned to actually crave this insipid worthless garbage over actually playing real worthwhile games.

http://m.neogaf.com/...ad.php?t=736867

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!