Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

No they're not, Microsoft is. Since they have only Halo.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Zangeki no Reginleiv was amazing, so glad I have a hacked wii.

Oh man team ico.... I bought a ps3 specifically for the last guardian.... :(

But yeah, Lets NOT forget SmtXFire Emblem, X, Bayonetta 2, although its becoming increasingly hard, as apparantly Nintendo desperately, DESPERATELY wants us to forget about these games, as they have done nothing but hide them for... almost a year now?

Don't forget Yarn Yoshi lol.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

They may be committed to new IPs, but they're not necessarily committed to keeping said IPs around for a long time.

Not that I'm complaining. Gravity Rush and Guacamelee were a blast.

Sony had nothing to do with Guacamelee. Was an indie game that first came out on steam almost last year. Sony did put out Rain on PS3 tho which I really enjoyed.

#24 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

Sony had nothing to do with Guacamelee. Was an indie game that first came out on steam almost last year. Sony did put out Rain on PS3 tho which I really enjoyed.

Yeah and Guacamelee is also now coming to Xbox One.

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Sony tried already on PS4 with Knack but I seriously doubt we will ever see a sequel. New IP's are great when they are pulled off, hats off to Sony for trying new stuff.

Rumours of a new Crash Bandicoot coming on PS4, that could work.

I don't know where you got the word tried from. The critics may not have liked the game but a lot of gamers did and it was one of the best selling launch games on the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel down the road.

#26 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Sony had nothing to do with Guacamelee. Was an indie game that first came out on steam almost last year. Sony did put out Rain on PS3 tho which I really enjoyed.

Oh, forgot about that. I just keep using it as a Sony thing as that's what I bought it for. xP

Uhm...swap Guacamelee with either SoundShapes or...Okami HD. :o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#27 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

I don't know where you got the word tried from. The critics may not have liked the game but a lot of gamers did and it was one of the best selling launch games on the PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sequel down the road.

I don't know who you talked to but everyone I have ever talked to hated that game, myself included.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#28 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

A lot of gamers where? Because everyone I know has hated it. And of course it's one of the best selling launch games on the PS4. It was one of its few launch, non-indie exclusives.

#29 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

i havnt played knack but alot of people DO like it,only have to look on youtube and the net to see that

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

i havnt played knack but alot of people DO like it,only have to look on youtube and the net to see that

Show me this then. I've checked Youtube and all I see is negativity for the game.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#31 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sony's main problem is that they seldom stick with their IP's. They bought Naughty Dog and then a few years later sold Crash Bandicoot to Activision. I would have loved to have had a new Crash Team Racing game on the PS3.

I just wonder what is going to happen to Sackboy and LittleBigPlanet?

#32 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Show me this then. I've checked Youtube and all I see is negativity for the game.

cant be bothered to look and post a link just to prove it to you lol LOTS of people actually like the game,have you played it??? or are you just saying its rubbish because of the reviews??? its a solid game it just has oldschool mechanics,whats wrong with that?? if it was on the wii u you would all be saying its great not caring what the press say...look at zombie u lol

#33 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

cant be bothered to look and post a link just to prove it to you lol LOTS of people actually like the game,have you played it??? or are you just saying its rubbish because of the reviews??? its a solid game it just has oldschool mechanics,whats wrong with that?? if it was on the wii u you would all be saying its great not caring what the press say...look at zombie u lol

I have played Knack multiple times actually; one time at Best Buy and the other at Gamestop. The mechanics are incredibly basic: you attack square, jump with X, and dodge with the right stick. That's it. The level design is extremely basic with no imagination or creativity. The combat is too basic to be a good beat-em-up. Then there are the little things that I don't like, like how everything looks uninspired and how enemies simply fade out when defeated. They don't explode or turn into a puff of smoke like in Mario for example.

And now you accuse me of fanboyism. I haven't played Zombi U so I have never said anything about it. I don't judge anything until I try it. I would call bad games bad on any system.

As for people on YouTube, Angry Joe has expressed boredom with this game saying, "It has Thor (a bad movie cash in that he reviewed) levels of gameplay" and Chuggaaconroy, who loves games like this if you have seen anything from him, said that this was the only PS4 game he bought and that he was disappointed with it. Polaris (a Youtube network) dod a review of the game calling it bad. Those are all of the ones I can think of off the top of my head (and my phone's about tk die so I can't look for more right now), but that's more than you've shown. You and Gamejunkie are the first two people I have seen show any liking to the game.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#34 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

im not calling you a fanboy,was just saying in general :) i too have only played on pods in gameshops hence why i said i havnt played it,dosnt really seem like my cup of tea but i wouldnt say its rubbish,like i said alot of people like it,ive watched livestreams by massive network on youtube and he thinks its great,along with other ps4 owner videos ive seen,imo mario 3d world was HIGHLY overated and i found it to get boring quick but thats my opinion and dosnt mean to say its rubbish overall,but,i dont think it should of scored as highly as it did,maybe a 7 or 8.

knack will appeal to alot of gamers and it is,check out some playstation forums...quite alot of people find it fun,im not saying its great by anymeans just saying its not as bad as the press have made it out to be and can be fun for people

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Knack is about the same level of basic as Mario. It's as middle tier as middle tier gets. Surprisingly fun and hard for a game that I knew was going to be stale and ****ty. The simplicity of the game is good. The only thing I really didn't like was the excessive use of cut-scene effects for transitions within a level. That got annoying as ****.

It's a nice and easy entry title. What could possibly be wrong with that?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

my wife came back from shopping today with a late xmas prezzie and guess what it was lol yep knack,i have played up to chapter 3 and im LOVING it so far,its fun and addictive,it should of gotten a much higher score than the 4s and 5s it received,i didnt think it was going to be my cup of tea but i found myself not wanting to turn it off lol it does have simple mechanics but its quite a hard game...

if anyone is thinking of trying it then do so,its fun and worth a 7/8 out of 10 imo

up to chapter 5 now and still enjoying it :)

#37 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

my wife came back from shopping today with a late xmas prezzie and guess what it was lol yep knack,i have played up to chapter 3 and im LOVING it so far,its fun and addictive,it should of gotten a much higher score than the 4s and 5s it received,i didnt think it was going to be my cup of tea but i found myself not wanting to turn it off lol it does have simple mechanics but its quite a hard game...

if anyone is thinking of trying it then do so,its fun and worth a 7/8 out of 10 imo

I agree with you. A 7 in some areas, a 5 in others, and a 10 in a few. This is a solid 7 game. 

I wish they had more time for optimization, and I hope they get to make a sequel with some creative freedom. Outside of a few collision detection issues (some weird stuff and some gameplay oriented things that disrupted flow), it was a great concept. 

Personally, I would like to see them abandon the idea of this being a gateway for non-gamers, and focus on just the pure mechanics. I think this split-focus added to a majority of the games' problems. 

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

In fairness to sky1, "a lot" can be anything more than 1 person, I don't doubt that "a lot" of people loved a Sony exclusive they bought at launch of their delicious company's new PlayStation 4 videogame system of cuteness.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

I don't know who you talked to but everyone I have ever talked to hated that game, myself included.

A lot of gamers where? Because everyone I know has hated it. And of course it's one of the best selling launch games on the PS4. It was one of its few launch, non-indie exclusives.

You obvioulsy don't frequent anywhere else on the net but here as if you did you would see that a lot more people out there like it then dislike it. The fact is that more people like it then don't like it.

I have played Knack multiple times actually; one time at Best Buy and the other at Gamestop. The mechanics are incredibly basic: you attack square, jump with X, and dodge with the right stick. That's it. The level design is extremely basic with no imagination or creativity. The combat is too basic to be a good beat-em-up. Then there are the little things that I don't like, like how everything looks uninspired and how enemies simply fade out when defeated. They don't explode or turn into a puff of smoke like in Mario for example.
And now you accuse me of fanboyism. I haven't played Zombi U so I have never said anything about it. I don't judge anything until I try it. I would call bad games bad on any system.
As for people on YouTube, Angry Joe has expressed boredom with this game saying, "It has Thor (a bad movie cash in that he reviewed) levels of gameplay" and Chuggaaconroy, who loves games like this if you have seen anything from him, said that this was the only PS4 game he bought and that he was disappointed with it. Polaris (a Youtube network) dod a review of the game calling it bad. Those are all of the ones I can think of off the top of my head (and my phone's about tk die so I can't look for more right now), but that's more than you've shown. You and Gamejunkie are the first two people I have seen show any liking to the game.

Unless you have played it in real world conditions and that's at home rather then on demo pods in stores then you haven't played it in a situation where you can get a realistic feel of the game. If you don't like the game then so be it but to deny that there are people out there who do like it is just ridiculous.

#40 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

You obvioulsy don't frequent anywhere else on the net but here as if you did you would see that a lot more people out there like it then dislike it. The fact is that more people like it then don't like it.

Unless you have played it in real world conditions and that's at home rather then on demo pods in stores then you haven't played it in a situation where you can get a realistic feel of the game. If you don't like the game then so be it but to deny that there are people out there who do like it is just ridiculous.

How is playing it at a demo station any different from playing it at home with the exception of a worse TV? I played through the level, and I experienced what I'm going to be doing through most of the game. I also have no way of playing it at home, because everyone I know with a PS4 hates the game as well.

KtOSpy7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!