• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

How is playing it at a demo station any different from playing it at home with the exception of a worse TV? I played through the level, and I experienced what I'm going to be doing through most of the game. I also have no way of playing it at home, because everyone I know with a PS4 hates the game as well.

It is different. Its certainly not the same experience as a demo is just a slice of the game and more often then not doesn't even start at the beginning of the game. It may give you an initial impression but its certainly not something you can use to judge the game's overall quality.

#42 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

You obvioulsy don't frequent anywhere else on the net but here as if you did you would see that a lot more people out there like it then dislike it. The fact is that more people like it then don't like it.

Or maybe you only frequent sites that are clearly Sony biased? How do you know more people like it than not? There are no official polls and nothing to go by. You're just making assumptions without any credible source. Just because the game is amazing to you doesn't mean it is to everyone else. And I find the game to be a boring, meaningless piece of rainbow. You defend the PS4 and its crappy library of launch games just like any ordinary fanboy would. Congratulations.

#43 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

It is different. Its certainly not the same experience as a demo is just a slice of the game and more often then not doesn't even start at the beginning of the game. It may give you an initial impression but its certainly not something you can use to judge the game's overall quality.

You usually use a slice to determine the whole product. I'm not going to take a gamble on a $60 game when I didn't like what I tried, just like I wouldn't buy the full meal when I hated the free sample.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#44 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

the game is good end of lol

#45 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

the game is good end of lol

I'm not going to call you stupid for liking it, because opinions. I just haven't seen anyone other than you guys like it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#46 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Knack falls with Kameo and Elebits. Launch games that were not very good with a few people who liked it. They were really just meant to show off an example of what the new system can do and were not really (except maybe Kameo) meant to be great games. Knack was able to show off the many individual parts of the character and other effects. Elebits showed off the Wii remote. Knack is a bland game with no real developed characters or story or even gameplay.  At times it can look nice and others have some really low rez textures. If people like it fine but it is a badly put together game and it's ok to like some bad games and find fun in them. Knack for PS4 is similar to Fantavision for PS2 in it's really a tech demo more than anything.

Sony is not known for great launch games. They always had sub par launch games.

#47 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

and thats your opinion and nothing more

#48 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

is knack your mom? You seem very defensive for a plastic disc.

#49 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

As was your comment that you finished with 'end of'.

#50 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Ryudo-sama, there's no need to bring people's moms into this unless you want a ninja to da face. 

Edited by NinjaFace, 29 December 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#51 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

yeah watch what your saying boy!!

#52 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Ryudo-sama, there's no need to bring people's moms into this unless you want a ninja to da face. 

trfLVOo.gif

#53 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

Or maybe you only frequent sites that are clearly Sony biased? How do you know more people like it than not? There are no official polls and nothing to go by. You're just making assumptions without any credible source. Just because the game is amazing to you doesn't mean it is to everyone else. And I find the game to be a boring, meaningless piece of carp. You defend the PS4 and its crappy library of launch games just like any ordinary fanboy would. Congratulations.

I don't just frequent sites that are Sony biased. As for what you say about what I know I can say the same thing about what you say. I'm not making any assumptions and whilst my comments may not be scientific they are based on anecdotal evidence. Also I never said the game was amazing - that's just twisting words for your own good. Its by no means perfect but its far better then a lot of people give it credit for. As for defending anything I only defend when I can credibly do so and I would do so for any console manufacturer or software publisher. If anyone is a fanboy around here its clearly you.

You usually use a slice to determine the whole product. I'm not going to take a gamble on a $60 game when I didn't like what I tried, just like I wouldn't buy the full meal when I hated the free sample.

No a slice can only give you an impression not allow you to make an overall judgement.

#54 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

I don't just frequent sites that are Sony biased. As for what you say about what I know I can say the same thing about what you say. I'm not making any assumptions and whilst my comments may not be scientific they are based on anecdotal evidence. Also I never said the game was amazing - that's just twisting words for your own good. Its by no means perfect but its far better then a lot of people give it credit for. As for defending anything I only defend when I can credibly do so and I would do so for any console manufacturer or software publisher. If anyone is a fanboy around here its clearly you.

What I say is my opinion, but critics also agree with it. The imaginary people you speak of who are praising the game, I haven't seen any and you still can't prove that they exist. You saying that the majority of people liked the game is you making an assumption because you know a few people who do. It doesn't make any sense.  My evidence is the critics and my own thoughts while playing the game, not to mention tons of people disappointed with the game. Check IGN, check Kotaku, check any other gaming related site and you'll see most people who don't care for the game. You get incredibly defensive whenever someone trashes a game that is widely considered garbage, which is why I consider you a fanboy. As for me, you calling me a fanboy makes no sense since I don't defend any company and don't care if people don't like a game I do, unlike you. But if you want to go with that just to make yourself feel better, sure. Again, congratulations.

Edited by Gaymer, 30 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#55 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

No a slice can only give you an impression not allow you to make an overall judgement.

If you have a slice of cake, and you hate it, why in the world would you want the rest of the cake?

KtOSpy7.jpg

#56 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

You're all fanboying it up here. The difference is one group has critic reviews to support their claims and another one doesn't.

My two cents? I thought Knack was okay. Uninspired, but okay.

Peace.

mad.gif

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#57 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

My thoughts: why don't you all worry about what you think of Knack instead of what anyone else thinks of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!