Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

The real shame is that the Vita is a great piece of hardware—Sony's just never been quite sure how to get people buying it. The whole "console gaming on the go" campaign didn't work out, and even a wave of indie hits like Spelunky and Guacamelee haven't been enough to get more Vitas in people's hands. It just doesn't have the killer software of its biggest competitor, the 3DS: there are no Animal Crossings or Zeldas or Marios here.P

So what's Sony's next move? What does the Vita's future look like?P

"I think there are three categories that we're actively going after," said Adam Boyes. Boyes, the man in charge of connecting Sony with outside developers and publishers, has a lot of say in which games go where. He's the one who struck a deal with Gearbox to get Borderlands 2coming to Vita next year, and it's his job to make sure third-party games are getting on Sony systems.4

http://kotaku.com/so...vita-1466833231

I think its too late now. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

I own both but prefer my Vita. Love that thing. Don't think it's to late yet. PSP took a while to take off and ended up with approx 70 million sold but had a real rough start. Vita will not catch up to 3DS. We all know that but it can still have a respectable life span. Like Nintendo has with Wii U more recently Sony just needs to up the marketing. Since PS4 is doing well out of the gate should bring out some PSvita and PS4 bundles at a discounted price 450$? 475$? Sony may lose money on the Vita but can maybe gain interest in the long run. Vita has quietly built a solid library in 2013 IMO and for me my GOTY both were on Vita with Dragon's Crown and Ys Memories of Celceta. More Falcom games on the way Atlus and Square and more.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

How much are Sony paying these publishers?!
It can't possibly be profitable!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

If the vita gets games it will rock.

The system is great but without games it's like a car without gas there nothing you can do.

So if it gets games there would be no problem selling it.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

If the vita gets games it will rock.

The system is great but without games it's like a car without gas there nothing you can do.

So if it gets games there would be no problem selling it.

It has them and great ones

• CUD likes this

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Give it an exclusive Metal Gear Solid game. That will do wonders for it. It worked for the PS3, and it worked for the PSP. It will work for the PS Vita.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

I think bundling them with the PS4 will be there best bet in reviving the Vita.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think bundling them with the PS4 will be there best bet in reviving the Vita.

They actually are planning a bundle with the two, at least in the UK.

http://www.ign.com/a...d-vita-together

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

It has them and great ones

Not really. For the time it's been out I feel that there should be more.

I got the games I think where great and ended up with only like 5 games. I been checking for games since killzone and there are none out or coming for me.

xile06 "N" ID

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Not really. For the time it's been out I feel that there should be more.

I got the games I think where great and ended up with only like 5 games. I been checking for games since killzone and there are none out or coming for me.

Ragnorock,Sen no Kiseki and other Legend of Heroes,Ys,Gravity Rush,Sly Cooper,Rayman Origins,Legends,Blazeblue,Corpse Party,Dragon's Crown,Earth Defense Force,Everybodies Golf,FFX HD,Frobisher Says more God Eater on the way,Gulty Gear,Tearaway,Little Kings Story,MGS HD,Monsyer Hunter G coming,Muramasa,Oddworld HD,One Piece, more Persona,PSO2,Phantom breaker,Rainbow Moon,Romance of the three Kingdoms,Samurai/Dynasty Warriors,Soul Sacrifice,Broken Sword coming,Wipeout 2048,Zero Escape more RPG's and other games coing and Treachry in beatdown City.

If you can't find something in all that and more. Then you must have a very small window for games you play.

• CUD likes this

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Ragnorock,Sen no Kiseki and other Legend of Heroes,Ys,Gravity Rush,Sly Cooper,Rayman Origins,Legends,Blazeblue,Corpse Party,Dragon's Crown,Earth Defense Force,Everybodies Golf,FFX HD,Frobisher Says more God Eater on the way,Gulty Gear,Tearaway,Little Kings Story,MGS HD,Monsyer Hunter G coming,Muramasa,Oddworld HD,One Piece, more Persona,PSO2,Phantom breaker,Rainbow Moon,Romance of the three Kingdoms,Samurai/Dynasty Warriors,Soul Sacrifice,Broken Sword coming,Wipeout 2048,Zero Escape more RPG's and other games coing and Treachry in beatdown City.

If you can't find something in all that and more. Then you must have a very small window for games you play.

First I don't do digital games so that cuts some of them out for me.

Little king story was cool on the wii but I don't think I wanna play a remake of it.

Then the games I got where uncharted, gravity rush , mgs hd, marvel vs cap, resistance, wipe out, and killzone. Other then that the other stuff wasn't for me. Either I had the console version of it already or it just wasn't for me.

O yea I had Rayman but it was just a lil bit to easy for me so I traded it in.

Edited by xile6, 21 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.

xile06 "N" ID

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Was not a remake was a sequel. So yeah you have a small window.

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

The Vita is far from dead. It offers a great range of indie and bigger budget retail titles which have kept me very satisfied with my purchase; which is more than I can say for my 3DS that I pre-ordered that took a lot of disappointment and a price drop before it picked up sales and offered a quality library. The Vita has a new, cheaper, model that has released in Japan which could very well be releasing in the West too, as well as the Vita TV which should do well for Vita software sales.

The Vita's sales increased by 68% the week of the PS4's release so the PS4's compatibility with the system does seem to be proving well for Vita sales and future bundles of the two systems should do nicely also.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Personally, I love my Vita. PS+ gives me/has given me access to games I wouldn't otherwise try (Urban Trials Freestyle, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, etc) and I'm loving Ys: Memories of Celceta. Makes a great handheld companion to my 3DS.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

There are some nice games in there (those that are actually out), but frankly the Vita is limping by with PSP and HD ports that we’ve already played years ago. The system comes up short in any sort of original, compelling software that the 3DS enjoys, which is probably why it’s not selling.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

There are some nice games in there (those that are actually out), but frankly the Vita is limping by with PSP and HD ports that we’ve already played years ago. The system comes up short in any sort of original, compelling software that the 3DS enjoys, which is probably why it’s not selling.

It's not selling because like Nintendo with Wii U for most of 2013 and 3DS in 2011 is lack of marketing. Also 3DS was full of ports and still is. But 2013 saw many new original games and getting more. It's kinda funny that Wii U fans bash a system for selling bad and try the "no games" argument when they of all people should know better. PSN alone blows Eshop away. 3DS has only a slightly better retail releases. The real thing that bugs me about Vita and like UMD holda  system back is the Memory cards and the prices. You can't use the system without one so be like a Wii U sold without the Gamepad. So it's not a games issue why Vita is falling behind it's Sony's own misteps.

#17 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

It's not selling because like Nintendo with Wii U for most of 2013 and 3DS in 2011 is lack of marketing. Also 3DS was full of ports and still is. But 2013 saw many new original games and getting more. It's kinda funny that Wii U fans bash a system for selling bad and try the "no games" argument when they of all people should know better. PSN alone blows Eshop away. 3DS has only a slightly better retail releases. The real thing that bugs me about Vita and like UMD holda system back is the Memory cards and the prices. You can't use the system without one so be like a Wii U sold without the Gamepad. So it's not a games issue why Vita is falling behind it's Sony's own misteps.

That sounds like a lot of rationalizing but the answer is really very simple: there are few decent, original games out for the Vita.

Develop more games, and people will buy it. Practically all the games you mentioned are playable elsewhere, so there's really no reason to buy an expensive new system.

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Plus the 3ds is cheaper. No matter how you cut it, price is still a powerful deciding factor. That's why we don't all drive luxury cars.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

the vita is awsome,ive just picked up another and im playing lbp vita at the moment,its wicked and prob one of the best in the series,also have uncharted which i like,wipeout 2048 which is ace,im going to download a few psp games to which i missed out on :)

its a great handheld and im enjoying it more than my 3ds at the moment which i never thought i would.

#20 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

I've had my Vita since launch day, and I'm bored to tears with it. I've already played everything worth playing. All I use it for these days is for Skype. Hopefully it'll get better games in the future. (Something I've been saying for a year...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!