• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

They're cesspools because people like you say ridiculous things, and you *all* seem to know famous devs who back your claims. Try harder next time.

He isn't famous. I do have pics of him with Suda tho. You don't offer anything just acting like a  jerk and offering no counter other than Youtube level of usless and mind numbing comments. If in your early 20's then would explain a lot.

Edited by Ryudo, 22 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#22 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yet XBO can't even do exclusive games at 1080p yet Wii U can. Also Wii U running more 1080P games. X and MK8 blow anything on XBO thus far. Hell even 3D world is better looking than any XBO game so far.

Again you try and be snarky. You are a person someone would point to a blue sky say it's blue and you would say it's green just to disagree.

Why forums and comment sections are often cesspools are people with these kind of attitudes.

Well  am out of the power comparison but as far as i know HD doesn't mean better graphics  but much clearer ones.

Skyrim has for example the same graphics on 480p but when you play it in HD it looks much clearer and the dialogs look much clearer

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Well  am out of the power comparison but as far as i know HD doesn't mean better graphics  but much clearer ones.

Skyrim has for example the same graphics on 480p but when you play it in HD it looks much clearer and the dialogs look much clearer

HD uses a lot more power to render, though. So even though the graphics may not necessarily be better, it does mean that the console is much more powerful. Eg. The Wind Waker HD uses almost the exact same graphics, but changes the lighting and makes it HD. Just those changes (and a few smaller ones) use up the power difference from GameCube to Wii U.

(although The Wind Waker may not have been using the Wii U to anywhere near its full potential)

Edited by R00bot, 31 December 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#24 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

He isn't famous. I do have pics of him with Suda tho. You don't offer anything just acting like a  jerk and offering no counter other than Youtube level of usless and mind numbing comments. If in your early 20's then would explain a lot.

Presents a ridiculous claim while providing no evidence, argument or even logic besides "an unknown dev friend of mine said so". Expects everyone to just blindly believe him. Attacks anyone who responds with desbelief over this hilariously sketchy remark with personal insults. Generalizes over age. Spelling and grammar issues.

Nice.

Honestly, what you're arguing is irrelevant. I can't completely disprove that the Wii U's GPU is better than the Xbone's (as laughable as that may sound) because we don't really know what half of the Wii U's GPU is for, but I can assure you with absolute certainty that the Xbone is more powerful than the Wii U. The GPU is not the only component in a console, and the Wii U's GPU being slightly beefier than the Bone's doesn't change the fact that the Xbone's everything else wipes the floor with the Wii U.

Go ask that friend of yours which console is more powerful, his answer won't be the Wii U.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#25 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Sounds like your friend needs to consider a new career.

:laugh:

thats ice cold !

Edited by alan666, 22 December 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#26 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

@Ryudo

It would be interesting to ask your friend to elaborate as to why he thinks the Wii U GPU is  better than the Xbone's.

Of course, in words we can all understand :)

#27 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

Presents a ridiculous claim while providing no evidence, argument or even logic besides "an unknown dev friend of mine said so". Expects everyone to just blindly believe him. Attacks anyone who responds with desbelief over this hilariously sketchy remark with personal insults. Generalizes over age. Spelling and grammar issues.

Nice.

Honestly, what you're arguing is irrelevant. I can't completely disprove that the Wii U's GPU is better than the Xbone's (as laughable as that may sound) because we don't really know what half of the Wii U's GPU is for, but I can assure you with absolute certainty that the Xbone is more powerful than the Wii U. The GPU is not the only component in a console, and the Wii U's GPU being slightly beefier than the Bone's doesn't change the fact that the Xbone's everything else wipes the floor with the Wii U.

Go ask that friend of yours which console is more powerful, his answer won't be the Wii U.

All this attitude from a child. How quaint.

#28 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

All this attitude from a child. How quaint.

The only one bringing an attitude and acting childish is you. Are you the forum's new troll?

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

The only one bringing an attitude and acting childish is you. Are you the forum's new troll?

I dont think so, all his other posts are are straight and on the level, and he hasnt tried to actually make up nonsense like the happening or metafenix etc...

He just seems to really earnestly believe what his freind says.

I gotta say, my gut opinion is with everyone else on this one, but theres really nowhere this can go from here without some manner of insight into your freinds reasoning.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

How? Easier to code for?

#31 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just to remind people, here are the demos almost in their complete form. I have to mention that the bird demo that was shown on the conference pales in comparison to the one on the show floor (video posted) even though it's off screen

Made in 2011, quickly made, early dev kits etc...

@Ryudo

Have you talked to your developer friend?

#32 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah. I must apologize for I overstated what he said to me. So i asked him of any definitive proof of his claim and he said no. So was more his opinion on possible potential. So was more my fault on interpretation. He did tell me he believes SM3DW while locked at 60fps could have maybe been pushed to 120 and run just as smooth. Not a fact just his opinion. Since I tend to value his very much I may have gotten a bit carried away. So sorry about that.

#33 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

The jump made last gen was insane.  Not only in outright power, but the addition of programable shaders brought graphics to a whole new level.  Just adding more and better shaders doesnt deliver the same kind of leap.  Wii U is a good design, and developers that really try will find ways to optimize their code for the hardware over time.  PS3 and 360 have had over six years of optimization.  Wii U may not see an enourmous progression over its lifetime, but its foolish to think its maxed out already.    

The numbers can make it sound worse than it is.  PS4 and X1 may be 6-8 times more powerful than Wii U, but the 360 was about 20 times more powerful than the xbox, and the PS3 was about 30 times more powerful than the PS2.  The cycle didnt repeat, the X1 and PS4 are not near as cutting edge on launch day as their predecessors were.

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yet XBO can't even do exclusive games at 1080p yet Wii U can. Also Wii U running more 1080P games. X and MK8 blow anything on XBO thus far. Hell even 3D world is better looking than any XBO game so far.

Again you try and be snarky. You are a person someone would point to a blue sky say it's blue and you would say it's green just to disagree.

Why forums and comment sections are often cesspools are people with these kind of attitudes.

The x1 is going deep with multi-tasking. While playing a game, you'll be able to browse the internet, order a ball (with your voice), watch TV, listen to music, woopedydoo(lol at that word not being censored) on your mom's face, all while playing the game.

It's probably unable to do 1080p at launch, because it's using power to multi-task.

It's their first step towards multimedia box and away from gaming.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

I believe the Kinect has something to do with the lack of 1080p on the console.  To be honest thou as much as I would like to make a 'Wii U is 1080p and the Xbox ain't' joke it isn't even questionable how stunning all three consoles are graphics wise.  As for power, while the processor plays a big part, it isn't the sole reason.  The Wii U is powerful for what is is optimized to do.  There was also a stat somewhere that you could fit 10 (estimate, can't remember the actual number) copies of Mario 3D World over 1 install of Knack.  Shows how impressive Nintendo are when it comes to getting the most of their systems.  (Thou Knack is big)

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Wasn't Link to the past like in kilobytes..maybe almost 1mb or something back when SEGA was spouting mega power? It seems Nintendo has often optimized impressive games in small sizes.

Maybe X will be the first 1st party game to use up the disc size. I know 3rd parties have like Tekken is about 16GB I think for one example.

#37 snipethewolf

snipethewolf

Goomba

• Validating
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:Snipethewolf

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I believe the Kinect has something to do with the lack of 1080p on the console.  To be honest thou as much as I would like to make a 'Wii U is 1080p and the Xbox ain't' joke it isn't even questionable how stunning all three consoles are graphics wise.  As for power, while the processor plays a big part, it isn't the sole reason.  The Wii U is powerful for what is is optimized to do.  There was also a stat somewhere that you could fit 10 (estimate, can't remember the actual number) copies of Mario 3D World over 1 install of Knack.  Shows how impressive Nintendo are when it comes to getting the most of their systems.  (Thou Knack is big)

Just going to toss out the fact that Nintendo has always been good with compression of their games. Example Wii Game data size uncompressed for say Smash Brawl was about 7 gig Compressed was about 3gb 3.5gb (been a while since I messed with it). I will agree that Nintendo is good at saving space since they never go with the cutting edge in lieu of game innovation as far as one function or another, at least with the Wii and Wii U.Not sure why you single out the Kinect as the reason it doesn't run games in native 1080p. The function of it should have no play in the way most games run. I could see this being argued if the game had heavy integration and use of the sensors input for game play display rendering it could limit the game output but for games such as COD where it has none that I know of it shouldn’t be an issue at all. But who knows how its coded in the OS, for all I know the thing is on all the time for whatever reason.

As far as power of the Wii U its not really a debate when you get down to the numbers, its slower than both the XB One and PS4 by a fair margin. Its GPU is about 300Mhz slower than the Xb One or PS4s GPU's.

As for CPU playing a part in graphics these days your info might be a bit out of date. With the intro of coding for the GPU directly with things like CUDA and other GPU languages the GFX really do come down to GPU speed. The CPU is going to carry the system when it comes down to physics calculations and that group of functions but for shinny its 90% GPU.

For whom ever is attacking the guy that said his buddy was in the dev side and said it was PS4 then Wii U then Xb one as far as raw numbers goes it might not play this way. I have no access to a Wii U/PS4/XB One dev kit so I can't say for sure but if he does have that buddy I would have to guess he is taking into account the Multi-Tasking the XB One is doing. With the amount of background tasks that Microsoft has said without accounting for the OS or other tasks this line up could very well be true when it comes down to how much of the system you can use on running games.

On the other hand I want to say like most people here the Wii U will fall behind as the other two systems get bugs worked out and optimize the OS.

But I guess I should ramble my way back to the topic of the thread, the power of the Wii U. I feel the real power of the system is not in the spec speeds of the system but in the way they will get used. Unlike Sony or Microsoft devs it seems that big guns for Nintendo take the time to utilize every flop of the GPU/CPU, rendering and compressing textures and skins to save on GPU stress and focus on the game not the bells and whistles such as in game DVR function, overly social integration (lets be honest Facebook/Twitter/whatever doesn't need to know you just beat a lvl on a game or unlocked something every 10 min) and online function that's only there to help sell DLC.

When fighting of what it can and can't do remember it all comes down to clean coding by the dev and optimization!

Some qucik reading for XB one and PS4 specs

http://www.extremete...u-and-gpu-specs

http://www.techpower...ox-one-gpu.html

http://www.techpower...ystation-4.html

Wii U specs

http://www.techpower.../wii-u-gpu.html

http://www.ign.com/a...tails-uncovered

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I do have that buddy he is working on Treachery in Beatdown City for Vita ATM and another title in the planning stages I am contributing to(not working on..no just small input on some story bits..very small input) I did say later tho I overstated and was my fault what he said. It was not like he knows it to be true was just his opinion and like a b-hole everyone has one.

This will maybe come across as boasting but also have a friend who works at Mad Otter. Before that he was IT for many years. I will  not claim this is fact..and I know this is he said she said thing. I ran that video of the trucker

this one. He said what he says makes mostly sense. That's no confirmation. Just another opinion. I wish i knew this stuff myself so I did not have to rely on others and relay stuff as it comes off as a goof and a bit of a tw*t on my part. Which is not my intention.

3Ddude has broken it down with many posters already and so did that guy in the vid. Numbers can be deceiving. Wii U maybe weaker maybe on par no one can really agree. Either way it's still pretty equipped to make some very nice looking games....most 3rd parties may not take advantage but the select few that do may end up surprising some people and turn a few heads of skeptics. I believe Fast Racing Neo will. After all the car on their website is an in game model. Gives us a small taste.

http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

#39 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Wasn't Link to the past like in kilobytes..maybe almost 1mb or something back when SEGA was spouting mega power? It seems Nintendo has often optimized impressive games in small sizes.

I suppose they had to. Cartridges, while have excellent load times, were pretty limited in capacity. That's why Sega came out with a disc drive addon for the genesis (and Nintendo almost made one for the SNES). They did develop excellent compression techniques, and saw no need to discard them

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

I suppose they had to. Cartridges, while have excellent load times, were pretty limited in capacity. That's why Sega came out with a disc drive addon for the genesis (and Nintendo almost made one for the SNES). They did develop excellent compression techniques, and saw no need to discard them

I think the carts ended up holding up to 32MB. In the early days might have been more 8-16. Earthbound was 24 and Super Mario RPG claimed to use a 32MB cart. So they could have used more even early on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!