Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

We’ve been testing online multiplayer since the days of Super Mario Galaxy, but with this title we really wanted to deliver an experience that you can share with family, friends, or your boyfriend or girlfriend in the same place like you did with the original NES. We really want players to have fun in front of the TV, talking while they help each other out or get in each other’s way.

http://nintendoevery...ay/#more-146863

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Kind of hard to share it with friends when they live a few hundred miles away, and my family suck at playing games so its a pain to play through the game with them

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

POPULAR

I really don't like this mentality that "If we have online play, we can't have local co-op with your friends and family in the same room". Why not give me a choice? I have played the local multiplayer with friends and family and it is a lot of fun, but that was just one day, I don't have friends over every day, if I have people over, let me have that "NES experience". If not, let me play online with my other friends who have Wii Us but live in different states. I understand that local multiplayer is not as prominent but getting rid of online multiplayer doesn't make me want to play local more, it just makes me never play multiplayer and makes me even less social.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

I know Nintendo don't have many games with online multiplayer but I don't think they should waste time and money adding it on just for the sake of it. For some games it really isnt necessary. I don't think online multiplayer would work very well with this game. 

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

IMO, offline multiplayer is better. But you know, I don't have THAT many friends that are into Mario... online would be awesome. Stop being naive Nintendo.

No sig.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thats a cop out. Current internet lag times make a game like this completely impractical to take online. Especially with the wii 'u's anemic user base.

Thats why they havent pulled the trigger on online platformers yet.

Seriously, can anyone ANYWHERE find an online co op peer 2 peer console platformer the likes of mario in design? Anywhere? On any system?

No? Theres probably a reason for that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Personally the family room play thing doesn't appeal to me. It's nice that it's there but I prefer to play alone

In other words, I love you

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I thought I posted in this.

I said I thought Miyamoto said exactly this in the original interview where it came out they experimented with online.
And I finished the post with something to the effect of "why not add voice/video chat" is they want people to communicate in-game.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

I prefer local multiplayer myself. I generally play single player or local multiplayer with occasional online. But that excuse doesn't work well, more options the better.
If 3d World had online I'd jump in for a few levels occasionally though!

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

That's no excuse. If you want to deliver that kind of experience, you can, with the online on the side. Add mic support, and I would still be playing the online with my friends I can't play with locally. I feel like this is a big missed opportunity.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Wii U is not powerful enough for full online play experience. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Don't get me wrong, Super Mario 3D World is a hell of a game, solo or with local multiplayer. But I can't help but wonder how this game could of been with online multiplayer, maybe not 4 people but maybe just 2. Either way, here's to hoping they can solve some of the problems so we can have online multiplayer in the future.

#13 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Oh great.  The "family/friend time" thing again. 

1) Not many people play video games with their families.

2) Not many people have friends who want to come over just to play Mario.

3) Some people have friends :/

Edited by Koopaman theMalevolent One, 08 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#14 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

but.. I want the Wii U experience, not the NES experience.

#15 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

im fine with only having couch co op on the wii u. it really is a secondary system. that's not a bad thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!