Photo

Smashers launches petition for GC support for SMASH 4.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

http://smashboards.c...smash-4.345673/

Ridiculous lol. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

At this point, we need to just give up and embrace the new stuff. Melee is 13 years old now; we don't need the controller for an 'obsolete' game. If people are really that hung-up on using a GC controller, then they can just use an adapter. No point trying to get Nintendo to appeal to a single community of a single series that's not even the target audience.

#3 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

At this point, we need to just give up and embrace the new stuff. Melee is 13 years old now; we don't need the controller for an 'obsolete' game. If people are really that hung-up on using a GC controller, then they can just use an adapter. No point trying to get Nintendo to appeal to a single community of a single series that's not even the target audience.

The GCN controller actually allows you to o the most advanced techniques by far, and makes the ones it shares with other controllers considerably easier. I think the Wii u pro controller should work fine personally, but I'm just saying that's the reason they want GCN support, not so much because they're scared of change.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

**** that! Sakurai has enough on his plate. He doesn't need to go over the hill and towards Canada, just because one rebel band and their ragtag followers want him to see their show. Just stick to what's already available, you technical gronks.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

**** that! Sakurai has enough on his plate. He doesn't need to go over the hill and towards Canada, just because one rebel band and their ragtag followers want him to see their show. Just stick to what's already available, you technical gronks.

funny not found 404. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

The GCN controller actually allows you to o the most advanced techniques by far, and makes the ones it shares with other controllers considerably easier. I think the Wii u pro controller should work fine personally, but I'm just saying that's the reason they want GCN support, not so much because they're scared of change.

That's also partially because those "advanced techniques" available are only available in Melee. Call me insane, but I'd much prefer to use a Classic Controller Pro for damn-near anything that involves the use of the shield button because they're digital triggers, and they go straight into the input. Stuff like dash dances or those sneaky drop-from-ledge-immediately-jump-towards-ledge-attacking manoeuvres that people perform could be done on anything.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Mayflash Nintendo GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii/Wii U - Amazon.com

Edited by grahamf, 13 January 2014 - 11:05 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

That is quite the sexy concept art

.-. I need this

...not even for smash, just to have and look at

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

That's also partially because those "advanced techniques" available are only available in Melee. Call me insane, but I'd much prefer to use a Classic Controller Pro for damn-near anything that involves the use of the shield button because they're digital triggers, and they go straight into the input. Stuff like dash dances or those sneaky drop-from-ledge-immediately-jump-towards-ledge-attacking manoeuvres that people perform could be done on anything.

that's not at all true. Brawl had loads and loads of techniques from bread and butter to complicated that required GC controller. Classic was an option as well, but GC was definitely still the accepted standard. Ever seen smash taunts? "I brought my wii mote". Yeah, there's a reason that's considered just as bad as asking for 4v4 free for all items on. It instantly screams "Look at me, i'm a noob!".

Edited by BlackWydrA, 14 January 2014 - 01:27 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

If they released a WiiU pro controler in the shape of a gamecube controller, I would buy it in a heart beat! But other than that I don't think they should focus on GC support.

#11 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

So... this would be the only way to use a GC controller with the Wii U, right?

http://www.amazon.co...f=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

But it already exists, so what is the petition about?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the petition properly. But now that I have, I still don't understand. Ah, I don't really care anyway. Silly.

Edited by storabajskorven, 14 January 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#12 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

honestly, this would only be useful for a few people, people who are serious about smash and speed runners, not because of change, but the notches on the analog stick allows you to go perfectly straight far easier then any other option you can use (wiimote+nunchuk cant always be used and newer nunchuk models lost the dips) there are also a few other reasons (next it looking nice) but thats about it and not needed

wa3Nq7j.png

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

honestly, this would only be useful for a few people, people who are serious about smash and speed runners, not because of change, but the notches on the analog stick allows you to go perfectly straight far easier then any other option you can use (wiimote+nunchuk cant always be used and newer nunchuk models lost the dips) there are also a few other reasons (next it looking nice) but thats about it and not needed

Im one of those people who relied heavily on those notches for precision multi direction steering of Zeldas fw teleport.

And even Im saying just let it go.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Honestly, when the new smash was first announced,  one of my first thoughts was, "Watching the tourney base cry over no GC controller is gonna be hilarious."  It is.

Yeah, it was a good controller, but it wasn't good enough that you need to make hardware backwards compatible with it.  If they really need it, they can just use those adapters.  I really don't think Sakurai is gonna even read what they're saying.

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

I guess the Wii U Pro controller is an abomination?

Signature_DK.png

#16 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Smashboard is literally more cancer than the brony community.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#17 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

Just what we need another controller. Like the gamepad, wiiremote, pro controller, classic controller and classic controller weren't enough.

2lvmghw.png

#18 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hopefully they don't get it. Look at all the current controllers:

wii-u-controller-neutral.jpg

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

wii-u-controller-neutral.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 0000486_wii_classic_controller_white.jpg
  • B002TLTBN0.01.lg.jpg

Edited by grahamf, 14 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I always think it's dumb to wish for people not to get something like this. If they get backwards compatibility, it's not like you'll be forced to use it, it just means that more people will be even more happy about the game, and enjoy it more. Why wish for someone to get slightly less enjoyment just because you personally don't want it?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!