45 replies to this topic

#41 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well like I and others said, if you steal even from those you don't like (though, once again, why you would be downloading music by someone you don't like is beyond me) you hurt those you do like and want to support.

If you don't like them you delete the song because it's taking up space and that is no worse then changing the radio station.

Also my girl use to download music but now she use Pandora and some on demand radio from her phone. So is that also stealing? She's not paying for the songs but yet she can listen to them when she wants and these are legal apks.

Edit.

Also wanted to add that downloading doesn't hurt them as bad as someone going into the store and stealing the CD.

Also I don't see anyone throw money at people when they get a game for free.

I have had it happen many time. 

You buy a game and then some weeks later it's free t download. I don't see the people who waited throwing money at them or the people who borught with cash getting a refund. So ahhh.

Edited by xile6, 05 February 2014 - 08:36 PM.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#42 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

If you don't like them you delete the song because it's taking up space and that is no worse then changing the radio station.

Also my girl use to download music but now she use Pandora and some on demand radio from her phone. So is that also stealing? She's not paying for the songs but yet she can listen to them when she wants and these are legal apks.

Edit.

Also wanted to add that downloading doesn't hurt them as bad as someone going into the store and stealing the CD.

You buy a game and then some weeks later it's free t download. I don't see the people who waited throwing money at them or the people who borught with cash getting a refund. So ahhh.

I believe on demand radio pays the artist and they have to consent to their songs being used (I could be wrong about that).

Stealing a CD just hurts more people because it also hurts the people involved with the store.

That's a different situation. That's trying to recompensate people who paid for something that decreased in value (like the 3DS ambassador program). Also they can't be stealing from anyone because it's their game...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#43 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#44 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

this is against the rules

Yeah, but nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

I should link a rom download and see if I get banned.

Yes, that is illegal. Pandora are the ones doing the illegal activity though, as they broadcast music they have no right to broadcast.
When contacted with DMCA, the admin usually responds with obscenities, and in an anecdotal case from people I mentioned earlier, goatse.
These people aren't the best morally speaking.
I wouldn't defend them personally.

It hurts them just as much, as a lost sale is a lost sale.
There being a psychical copy missing is a detriment to the store, not the artist, and will be covered by their insurance.
I used to pirate a lot of games, steam and humble bundles give me legit keys and downloads for a lot of the games I viewed as "too expensive" to buy for the enjoyment I got, this is no longer an issue for me as they are much cheaper over time.
Another situation is "I'm not sure I'll like twd game" I pirated episode 1, then bought it because I enjoyed it.
Demos help in situations like that, if you're in either case though, there's no reason not to use Spotify, as it's free to listen to anything, and they do have the legal rights to broadcast songs.

Edited by Nollog, 06 February 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#45 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, but nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

I should link a rom download and see if I get banned.

Yes, that is illegal. Pandora are the ones doing the illegal activity though, as they broadcast music they have no right to broadcast.
When contacted with DMCA, the admin usually responds with obscenities, and in an anecdotal case from people I mentioned earlier, goatse.
These people aren't the best morally speaking.
I wouldn't defend them personally.

It hurts them just as much, as a lost sale is a lost sale.
There being a psychical copy missing is a detriment to the store, not the artist, and will be covered by their insurance.
I used to pirate a lot of games, steam and humble bundles give me legit keys and downloads for a lot of the games I viewed as "too expensive" to buy for the enjoyment I got, this is no longer an issue for me as they are much cheaper over time.
Another situation is "I'm not sure I'll like twd game" I pirated episode 1, then bought it because I enjoyed it.
Demos help in situations like that, if you're in either case though, there's no reason not to use Spotify, as it's free to listen to anything, and they do have the legal rights to broadcast songs.

go ahead 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#46 Prince AKR

Prince AKR

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:TheAKiD

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I just use an online audio ripper that converts the audio from a YouTube video and converts it into an MP3 file.

It's like listening to an offline YouTube video,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jigglypuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!