#21 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Why does everyone on here hate this game? Is it just your classic "real" gamer being a snob about mobile games?

Most mobile games are crap.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#22 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I just got a new high score of 2!

High score of 79 lel I have no life :(

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#23 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

High score of 79 lel I have no life :(

iOS or Android? The iOS one is apparently more difficult, somehow.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#24 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

iOS or Android? The iOS one is apparently more difficult, somehow.

iOS.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#25 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

What the hell? I enjoy flappy bird. Well.. At least i got a 156 high score

#26 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

They're insecure about gaming.

Flappy Bird isn't gaming.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#27 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Why does everyone on here hate this game? Is it just your classic "real" gamer being a snob about mobile games?

Most mobile games are pure garbage. Most are also bad clones of better games or just clones of other bad games. This is the exact same thing that happened in the early 80's with Atari and other consoles. So many games were the same thing with a different name.

It was over saturated with crap and that is what plagues mobile games. Yes for Atari for every Pitfall and Yars revenge was 40 space combat games and ET's and Purina Dog Chow games. Mobile has good games I am sure but they are very well hidden. It's hard to take mobile gaming seriously as the one to kill 3DS when they rip off sprites from Super Mario. For the ones who put actual effort into making a quality game on Mobile more power to them. 100$ and 50$ karts in a Mario Kart ripoff makes a case against mobile gaming. 99 cent to $5 games that are mostly bad clones are not challenging games like Ys,Fire Emblem,Bravely Default,Mario Land and Mario kart and Zelda or SMTIV. Then when you get classic games they somehow mess them up like Final Fantasy VI and Mega Man X. So some companies like Square and Capcom sully their brands with crap like All the Bravest.

Mobile gaming is a mess and zero quality control. I am fine if they are simpler games as I love those and do not have to be a high budget game but should at least have effort.

#28 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

lol to the people saying it's a rip off of that crappy helicopter flash game:

It says on their site they've been going for nearly 10 years. Crash Purple came out 2004. Either crash is a copy of the helicopter game or helicopter is a copy of crash.

And also, more recently:

I guess Retro saw helicopter game and then ripped it off for in DK.

My point is, there are lots of "rip-offs" in every kind of business but it's only when a popular mobile game is a copy of something that all the "real" gamers go crazy. It's just snobbery. Some people enjoy flappy bird because it is simple,easy to pick up and play any time without any real time investment or effort into learning controls or understanding the story.

Edited by Hunter, 09 February 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#29 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

Lol, here's why ;)
http://www.p4rgaming...ered-him-a-job/

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#30 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

My point is, there are lots of "rip-offs" in every kind of business but it's only when a popular mobile game is a copy of something that all the "real" gamers go crazy. It's just snobbery. Some people enjoy flappy bird because it is simple,easy to pick up and play any time without any real time investment or effort into learning controls or understanding the story.

No shiz sherlock, because the game is popular everyone knows about it, thus a lot of haters around, you don't see people complain about that one game no one downloaded because no one's heard of it and even if they did complain, no one will know what they're talking about.

No one cares that it's on donkey kong or Crash Bandicoot because they're a tiny section of a full game, If Nintendo came out with a game based soley on helicopters gameplay then you would see people complaining 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#31 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

I love when snobby gamers go crazy about mobile gaming on the interwebz. It's funny.

No one cares that it's on donkey kong or Crash Bandicoot because they're a tiny section of a full game, If Nintendo came out with a game based soley on helicopters gameplay then you would see people complaining 

You're right, except no one ever claimed that flappy bird was a "full game" like DK or Crash because everyone knows it's a mini-game for mobile devices. 

#32 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

I love when snobby gamers go crazy about mobile gaming on the interwebz. It's funny.

You're right, except no one ever claimed that flappy bird was a "full game" like DK or Crash because everyone knows it's a mini-game for mobile devices. 

A mini game that copied a different mini game, You could have just played that original mini game! But this flappy bird is getting all the credit

see my point?

I'm not hating it because it's a mobile game, I'm hating it because it's a blatant rip off of a different game and using assets from a different game.

Similar to a 100's of FPS games out there, I hate them because they try so hard to be a CoD clone it's ridiculous, 

Edited by Chrop, 09 February 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#33 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

A mini game that copied a different mini game, You could have just played that original mini game! But this flappy bird is getting all the credit

see my point?

I'm not hating it because it's a mobile game, I'm hating it because it's a blatant rip off of a different game and using assets from a different game.

Similar to a 100's of FPS games out there, I hate them because they try so hard to be a CoD clone it's ridiculous, 

I still don't get why you're so mad.  This sort of thing has happened for years, for mobile games, flash games, java games, and even console games (full games and mini games).  Helicopter isn't even the original game that brought up that gameplay concept.

The only real reason who anyone is mad is because the game is popular and hard.  Jesus christ, I'd feel bad if more than 5 people on this forum learned about touhou.

#34 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

I aint mad. I don't care really. Was just expressing why I don't take mobile games seriously as the one to take over 3DS. Until they have some quality control it will continue to be Atari era.

Edited by Ryudo, 09 February 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#35 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that this is just some marketing bull?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

That's a joke article, right? Like a gaming vwersion of the onion or something? Cause

“This guy then went on to say that Flappy Bird is destroying his love for video games. I don’t see how because he’s making a lot of money off of the game. It’s the main reason we want this guy to be part of our team.”

I mean, we all know that's how EA thinks, but they also don't usually admit such.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

The only real reason who anyone is mad is because the game is popular and hard.

I've never played it, saw about 2 minutes of gameplay on some youtube video, didn't really care for it, all of a sudden it's everywhere on the internet you look,

Image sites? Expect several pictures everyday of stupid memes about it

online gaming? Someone will mention it, don't worry

Youtube? Almost EVERY SINGLE Youtuber Is playing it and just making videos of themselves screaming at it for 30 minutes long. Not because they like the game, but because they want views.

Slenderman game was popular and hard and had the same amount of attention it's getting like flappy birds, difference is it's actually a pretty entertaining/unique game.

Qwop was the same, had the exact same attention as flappy birds although it's weridly... weird. It's entertaining and unique, I didn't mind it being everywhere n the internet

flappy birds is a stupid copycat with no creativity put into it and now everyone is buzzing about it for absolutely no reason that I find valid. You could just do a quick google search and find a game exactly like it. 

#38 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I've never played it, saw about 2 minutes of gameplay on some youtube video, didn't really care for it, all of a sudden it's everywhere on the internet you look,

Image sites? Expect several pictures everyday of stupid memes about it

online gaming? Someone will mention it, don't worry

Youtube? Almost EVERY SINGLE Youtuber Is playing it and just making videos of themselves screaming at it for 30 minutes long. Not because they like the game, but because they want views.

Slenderman game was popular and hard and had the same amount of attention it's getting like flappy birds, difference is it's actually a pretty entertaining/unique game.

Qwop was the same, had the exact same attention as flappy birds although it's weridly... weird. It's entertaining and unique, I didn't mind it being everywhere n the internet

flappy birds is a stupid copycat with no creativity put into it and now everyone is buzzing about it for absolutely no reason that I find valid. You could just do a quick google search and find a game exactly like it. 

Welcome to the internet, this is the 900 thousandth time this has happened.

Just take it for what it is.  A overpopularized game garnering the attention of everyone for a month.  Just wait until next month.

I've gotten used to ignoring garbage, WUF chat anyone?

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Welcome to the internet, this is the 900 thousandth time this has happened.

Just take it for what it is.  A overpopularized game garnering the attention of everyone for a month.  Just wait until next month.

I've gotten used to ignoring garbage, WUF chat anyone?

#BringBackTheChat!

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

http://www.igameresp...lled-piou-piou/

BhBl8SN.jpg

Word from Flappy Bird‘s developer maintains that keeping up with the game’s popularity is ruining his simple life. Therefore he’s removing it from digital distribution tomorrow. But the truth is, he may be in legal trouble. A game called Piou Piou has been on the market since 2011 and features the exact same game mechanics and close to the same design as Flappy Bird. It’s quite possible that Nguyen was made remove Flappy Bird from circulation.

We’ll make a feeble attempt at asking the developer if this assertion is true. Our next step would be to reach out to Piou Piou’s developer for more information.

Edited by Ryudo, 09 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!