Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Their Direct approach is one much appreciated, one without the censor off news outlets. The gaming industry is something where cooperation is the key, LoL. If anything the gaming industry thrives from competition, nobody cooperates in this industry it's all for themselves. Or do you mean that throwing money so a game is sure to come out on your platform is cooperating?

And Pokémon X and Y strokes of genius? They are prototypes, meant to test the works of the 3D models. The story was quite weak, same goes for the Post Game and their weren't that many Pokémon which was quite nice for a change.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#42 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Their Direct approach is one much appreciated, one without the censor off news outlets. The gaming industry is something where cooperation is the key, LoL. If anything the gaming industry thrives from competition, nobody cooperates in this industry it's all for themselves. Or do you mean that throwing money so a game is sure to come out on your platform is cooperating?

And Pokémon X and Y strokes of genius? They are prototypes, meant to test the works of the 3D models. The story was quite weak, same goes for the Post Game and their weren't that many Pokémon which was quite nice for a change.

The reason the PS4 will be successful? Great first party games and a plethora of third party games suiting a majority of gamers preferences. Third party developers and publishers want to work with Sony to get their games onto the PS4. How many of those developers want to work with Nintendo? Virtually none of them. 

The reason why Pokemon X and Y was a stroke of genius? Because along with the release of the 2DS sales of the 3DS family consoles have risen and risen and Pokemon X and Y is the most successful franchise on the 3DS. 

Edited by SailtheSeas, 12 February 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#43 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

That hardly makes it a stroke of genius. Nintendo was smart to release the 2Ds at the same time as Pokémon X/Y because they knew kids would want the new iteration and by taking away the risks for parents to buy a 3Ds with the 2Ds it was a hit and run. The 3Ds was rising way before the X/Y release, why because Nintendo was releasing their top of the mill games. They've been doing that the whole second year.

#44 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

That hardly makes it a stroke of genius. Nintendo was smart to release the 2Ds at the same time as Pokémon X/Y because they knew kids would want the new iteration and by taking away the risks for parents to buy a 3Ds with the 2Ds it was a hit and run. The 3Ds was rising way before the X/Y release, why because Nintendo was releasing their top of the mill games. They've been doing that the whole second year.

They need to hurry up and do it on the Wii U because I'm fed up of waiting for games. 

#45 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Nintendo's problem is that they have a lot more franchises but aren't prepared to use them. Iwata has said Nintendo's target market is children and families i.e. casual gamers, therefore games like Star Fox, Fzero and Metroid are probably not really on their radar when these games along with games like Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart will help shift units. 

Furthermore Nintendo needs to get to grips with the fact that third party developers and publishers want nothing to do with Nintendo and who can blame them when Nintendo seems to isolate themselves from the rest of the industry. Microsoft and Sony turn up to E3, Nintendo? Nah they'll deliver a pre-recorded Nintendo Direct rather then turn up in person to the largest show in the games industry calendar. 

I agree with you. If you have limited funds, it would only make sense to buy the system that has what you want to play right now, and what is coming on the horizon. 

Right now, if a primarily Mario-only fan looks at the Wii-U, he has a great selection. Action game fans have a great game, and one other coming. The PS4/Bone do not really have this mega strong line up, but people know the games are coming. 

Anyway, if you are that Zelda fan, you have probably played Windwaker. Do you spend $300 on a Wii U, or do you drop $400 on the PS4 now, and pick up the Wii U later, when the price drops? 

I think the mass market, the one buying these machines for software first, sees it this way. If your not buying software, the Xbone is fantastic in the living room, but way too overpriced for what it is good at. 

#46 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

You might be but me and many others aren't. I don't know what games you got or what you are even remotely interested in but I bought my WiiU last april with MH3U, well that's the only game I didn't like and resold a few weeks ago. But I still need to finish ZombiU, have had loads of fun in the MP. Got TTT2 just so I could lay with my bro. I just finished my second playthrough off Pikmin 3 and only got 1 platinum medal in mission mode so I got a long ways to go. I'm playing WWHD for the second time and on hero mode. I still have to get into CoD Ghosts online MP. I got to 100% Rayman Legends. The only games I haven't touched in a while are Sing Party, AC:III and the Batman games.

I might not play every day but I games wise I'm no where near bored. That's the whole reason I skipped on buying 3D world, I hope that by May I got some time on my hands to play MK8.

#47 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

You might be but me and many others aren't. I don't know what games you got or what you are even remotely interested in but I bought my WiiU last april with MH3U, well that's the only game I didn't like and resold a few weeks ago. But I still need to finish ZombiU, have had loads of fun in the MP. Got TTT2 just so I could lay with my bro. I just finished my second playthrough off Pikmin 3 and only got 1 platinum medal in mission mode so I got a long ways to go. I'm playing WWHD for the second time and on hero mode. I still have to get into CoD Ghosts online MP. I got to 100% Rayman Legends. The only games I haven't touched in a while are Sing Party, AC:III and the Batman games.

I might not play every day but I games wise I'm no where near bored. That's the whole reason I skipped on buying 3D world, I hope that by May I got some time on my hands to play MK8.

Oh god no...just...my heart...can't take...

LOL. Just having fun. 

See everyone, this guy is playing games as intended. A reasonable backlog with a full intent to enjoy each purchase. 

Remember when we all did this? Before we discarded a game after being led through a glorified interactive movie, we would get everything out of these titles that we could. 

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Sigh, everytime someone fails to become to a hunter, a pikmin dies :(

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Sigh, everytime someone fails to become to a hunter, a pikmin dies :(

I tried it, but I just couldn't grasp it. To me it felt like an MMORPG and well I've played WoW so I really missed the multiplayer. That and I just couldn't figure out the missions and stuff.

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

I tried it, but I just couldn't grasp it. To me it felt like an MMORPG and well I've played WoW so I really missed the multiplayer. That and I just couldn't figure out the missions and stuff.

Its an INCREDIBLY high access barrier, far less accessible than wow. But the payoff is far higher than anything wow could ever give you as well.

But man, the fact it reminded you of wow means you were way, way, WAY off the map. Its a straight up action game first and foremost. Hardcore, old school, tight control, no excuses, Action game.

Yeah, those beginning missions, they really throw people off. They literally have nothing to do with the rest of the game whatsoever. The sole purpose of those are to teach you how to gather the supplies to prepare you for your first hunt and teach you how to use boxes.

A necessary pain, but you can skip them (at first, and then come back later and blaze them all in 15 minutes) by jumping straight online into the multiplayer. Honestly the best, fastest, and surest way to learn monster hunter is to go online, and join a team in the open servers with a 'anyone can play' tag for the room name.

These are veterans jumping down to purposefully walk new players throught he ropes. The monster hunter community at large, loves and takes care of new players.

We really are sad when someone who earnestly tries it just doesnt like, or get it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I think both companies would have been better served to have released two respective titles either sooner or at launch.  In the case of Sonic, Boom should have come before Lost Worlds and then 3d World at launch or shortly after launch.  I like NSMBU- but it doesn't make a great case for the Wii U, not like 3d World does......I bought NSMBU, probably like others b/c it was familiar and that's in part why you buy a Nintendo product.  It was kinda a like playing with an old friend.  While I enjoyed it, it's not a purchase that justifies the system.  3d World justifies the system or at least plays a big part in justifying the system.  I feel the same way about lost world.  It's okay, but I have a feeling that Boom is going to be a lot cooler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!