Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

So what's everyone's problem again?

We got more footage of Mariokart 8. It looks Amazing!! Neat tracks, and plenty of retro tracks confirmed as well.

We got a new character announcement in Little Mac for Smash.

X gameplay!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PEOPLE YOU ALL WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG AND NOW YOU ARE ALL JUST SAYING MEH?! WHY?? IT WAS AMAZING AND EXACTLY WHAT WE EXPECTED AT THE SAME TIME!!

Bayonetta 2 story (Which was the first trailer to honestly turn my head for that game as it started to explain the story)

Donkey Kong even looks really good.

We got tons of indie support and such thrown in as well.

If you all payed attention to the pacing of these directs you would know that Nintendo saves all of the big Wii U stuff for the end.

We got a lot of the games that appeal to the younger audience for the 3DS that will keep that market growing over the next half a year.

Monster Hunter even got announced for the west.

A FREE TO PLAY TACTICAL FPS in the eshop available today.

spoiled brats. I'm going to enjoy all of the great content Nintendo did just post and look forward to all of the stuff coming in future months. X Bayonetta 2 Mariokart and Smash. along with Donkey Kong next week!! Peace out haters!

Europe never got any of these indie titles in the direct it was all 3DS basically.

Also this is a WII U forum. We don't all have 3DS. 

Besides, Wii U is the console with hardly any great games yet Nintendo still focus on 3DS. I wasn't expecting a huge announcement like Zelda U or Metroid but I was hoping for something new besides rainbowty eshop games.

Edited by Hunter, 13 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#62 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

I thought this Nintendo Direct was excellent.

X, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros are day one purchases for me. The footage of all those games has left me feeling much happier about owning a Wii U and I believe these games can really help turn the Wii U's fortunes around for the better. 

I'm excited for Kirby Triple Deluxe and Yoshi's New Island on the 3DS, I'll pick those games up after I have finished with Bravely Default and A link between worlds. 

#63 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Europe never got any of these indie titles in the direct it was all 3DS basically.

We got plenty on Wii U: Smash Bros (so much hype), new X info, Bayonetta 2, awesome Donkey Kong trailer, even better mario kart 8 trailer, NES Remix 2 and Child of Light. It was a good direct, but it didn't have any new "big" announcements like Hyrule Warriors so people complain. I for one will be spending time buying and playing eShop games on my 3DS thanks to the awesome sale (when I'm not doing the insane amount of work I have at the moment).

Bring the noise.

#64 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

I thought this Nintendo Direct was excellent.

X, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros are day one purchases for me. The footage of all those games has left me feeling much happier about owning a Wii U and I believe these games can really help turn the Wii U's fortunes around for the better. 

I'm excited for Kirby Triple Deluxe and Yoshi's New Island on the 3DS, I'll pick those games up after I have finished with Bravely Default and A link between worlds.

It's nice to hear your enthousiasme for the U, now i'm hoping that feeling stays the coming monts.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#65 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Weren't you guys getting excited based off the fact Smash/ X/ Bayo 2 would get shown? Now people are moving the goal post and saying the Direct sucked because they didn't show Yarn Yoshi. 

Perhaps people have gotten so spoiled with these Direct presentations, Nintendo keeps raising the bar each one and they're expecting more? 

We still don't have a release date and I was excited for the X and Mario kart trailers but it sucks that I had to trudge my way through 30 minutes of 3ds games that don't excite me 

#66 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

"huge succeeded" lol

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#67 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

It's just that the Monster Hunter and Demons Souls series combat system have made a lot of other combat systems very boring to me. At least it will have mechs to entertain me. 

You forgot Steel Diver

X/Xenoblade is the antithesis of action games like dark souls and monster hunter. It is very much an rpg combat wise, literally an evolved form of chrono triggers (what a coincidence, monolithsoft worked on chrono trigger when they were a part of square) Your action game skills will avail you nothing here... Including enjoyment if you try and play it like an action rpg. Its going to be all about special moves, special move leveling/layout, character customization, armor customization (this is really the only thing xenoblade/x and mh will have in common, the end result is pretty similar, though the system is different) building tension (huge succeeded) and a different kind of strategy than the direct combat strategy used in action games like monhun.

Depending on how deep you go, it can range from servicable but mundane (going through the game fighting monsters around your level) To sophisticated and insane (fighting 120 level unique monsters when your level caps at 99).

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#68 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Even thos we knew about beforehand but we are on the subject of battle systems. Child of Light makes me happy as for many years I been saying more RPG's should use Grandia battle system. Child of Light is def using it. Down to the bar from Grandia 2. Even as a massive RPG fan I do prefer action RPG's..my fave series ever is YS after all. But I love a good Action RPG with more to it like Xenoblade or FF12 and Esp The Last Story. I say Action since you can move freely in battle. A good turn based is always welcome as well. IMO sometimes the ones I enjoy most are the old fashioned. Dragon Quest,Blue Dragon,Final Fantasy and more. I may have a fave style but I could never settle on only playing one style. To me that's denying one self.

#69 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

SInce it seems my original post got lost to the ether (anyone else having trouble with the site saying its down today?) I'll have to redo it.

Those Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart trailers put you to sleep? Oh lord… It's like you're trying to limit what interested you, to make it seem like the Direct didn't show much… 

I have no interest in either of those series at this point.  The only racer I care about these days is F-Zero, and that series hasn't had a new game in years, even though it would be great for wii u.  Heck, I'd take an F-ZERO GX HD remake with added online play at this point.

And my general interest in platformers has greatly waned over the years.  I'm also still kind of sick from all the tons of Donkey Kong info we've gotten over the past 6 months while other series weren't hardly mentioned.

Monster Hunter even got announced for the west.

Technically that got announced a month ago by Capcom.  I was very glad they mentioned it here to give it more exposure, and had this been the first announcement of it, I'd currently be in the hospital because I suffered a heart attack out of sheer joy.  Interesting that they used MH4 footage and said it was MH4G footage.  It will look and play the same, so it doesn't really matter, but I digress.

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 13 February 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#70 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Huh. The mech lost its left arm in the battle. Interesting.

And then it permanantly lost the use of 2 abilities from its hot bar...

Bet thats going to be expensive to fix.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#71 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Olympic curling or nintendo direct? Which was more exciting.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#72 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Besides, Wii U is the console with hardly any great games yet Nintendo still focus on 3DS. I wasn't expecting a huge announcement like Zelda U or Metroid but I was hoping for something new besides rainbowty eshop games.

Yeah, shibata sure does have a hard time getting anything to show off for the wii u.
wii u has a ton of great games, they're just all already out. it's not having a good flow of games yet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#73 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Nintendo Direct still had Bayonetta 2 and X. MK8 trailer was cool as well. I think after I calmed down because most people including myself got themselves overly hyped. The direct was fine. Just when hyped so much it seems bad. I guess we can't have a new Wii U game every month. It showed little of new stuff but still showed more of what we wanted to see. However the anticipation for some of them makes this direct seem like torture.

#74 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Why does the ship/wall/whatecer in the background have 'United States' on it?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#75 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

international battles?

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#76 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

to much 3DS stuff. it started great and ended great, but most of the middle was just painful with all the 3ds stuff. 

new maps in mario kart, X gameplay which looks good but i hope that is a really early enemy, also enemy polymodels can probably be touched up. Little mac in smash bros was proubly the best part. beyonetta story trailer. looks good, but i want going to play that game for the story. also every other time i look at her if the threads are her suit or armpit hair... anyone know? 

did xenoblade have modern nations featured in it? if not then we can essentially confirm its not a sequel. 

or a good troll detail with united st.... (some other name.) 

#77 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

I knew I shouldn't have expected it, but how hard was it to give an approximate timeline for all the n64 and gamecube virtual console titles they promised? And offer discounts for frequent buyers? And the Wii U should've received an ambassadors program, where everyone with a Wii U gets free games.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#78 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I just wish X would get a story trailer.

#79 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

I just wish X would get a story trailer.

I assume that might come with the announcement of the actual name of the game.

#80 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Are you "dude" in mh3u ?

I actually find curling relaxing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!