#81 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Are you "dude" in mh3u ?

Nope, Jericho.

to much 3DS stuff. it started great and ended great, but most of the middle was just painful with all the 3ds stuff. 

new maps in mario kart, X gameplay which looks good but i hope that is a really early enemy, also enemy polymodels can probably be touched up. Little mac in smash bros was proubly the best part. beyonetta story trailer. looks good, but i want going to play that game for the story. also every other time i look at her if the threads are her suit or armpit hair... anyone know? 

did xenoblade have modern nations featured in it? if not then we can essentially confirm its not a sequel. 

or a good troll detail with united st.... (some other name.)

No, Xenoblades world was created from the psyche of the person who accidentally destroyed our/his world. (whoops, those pesky super halon colliders are SO touchy!)

Being that takahashi games all kinda sorta follow the legend laid out by perfect works, what happened to earth is probably how it became 'lost' in gears/saga. Everything within the range of xenoblades event was affected, and everything outside, including space faring humans colonies etc, remained but going wtf.

Im guessing in X we are looking at humans attempting to explore/colonize an alien world.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#82 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I find it ironic that this direct essentially had just about everything people were asking for, aside from the most outlandish hype hopes, and yet people are still disappointed. Too much hype.

We got a new Smash character, X gameplay (not just footage), Bayonetta trailer. Mario Kart release date (way to fail Nintendo), indie games, and virtual console news. All in all I'd say it was alright. Not spectacular but there have been way worse and it could have been a lot worse. 

pNgecl.gif

#83 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Why are people complaining about the 3DS footage? Was Nintendo supposed to ignore it because it's successful? Instead they should have spent 1 minute on 3ds, 29 minutes shooting the breeze and making stuff up about the Wii U, and then the last ten with the Wii U footage they actually had. Right? Cause that makes sense, right guys? Why show the loads of 3DS stuff when You can show the minuscule Wii U stuff? Stupid nintendo.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#84 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

I find it ironic that this direct essentially had just about everything people were asking for, aside from the most outlandish hype hopes, and yet people are still disappointed. Too much hype.

We got a new Smash character, X gameplay (not just footage), Bayonetta trailer. Mario Kart release date (way to fail Nintendo), indie games, and virtual console news. All in all I'd say it was alright. Not spectacular but there have been way worse and it could have been a lot worse. 

I think most people are really concerned about how the content was really marketed and emphasized instead of upset over what was actually shown. 

On paper this Direct was one of the best ever. 4 blockbuster Wii U games were shown, multiple 3DS games that will sell pretty well. Indie and virtual console games left and right, and even some smaller games free to play starting today.

What people are frustrated with it how they chose to market this content. We got glimpses at the things we wanted to see and tons of gibberish about games we wanted to see in passing (admit it, we want to see the Yoshi, Kirby, etc so be able to say we have those games coming).

Nintendo did a good job of finding the right subjects to talk about, just not the right content on said subjects. We wanted in depth mechanics of X explained, Online features of Mariokart 8 discussed as something to look forward to. Anything other than just a character reveal for Smash, new modes, online functionality etc. Bayonetta was the closest thing to this we got as we got some story and gameplay. this is what we needed from the others and didn't get!! 

#85 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

At this point I am worried about SMTXFE. Maybe when they announced it last year they had only struck the idea the month before. I don't know but pretty sure almost no work was done yet. My worry is we have heard not a thing since. I don't know if SEGA buying Atlus affected thdeal for some wierd reason or not or some other issue. If we do get the game I am thinking 2015 at this stage. Yarn Yoshi is another I am puzzled we heard nothing about. I just wish Nintendo would throw us a bone. Does not have to be ND but some word on the status. Really is frustrating Nintendo does this. I know they only like to show things to get peope excityed and then when they have enough they feel they can show but if they spent half the energy into letting us know on other games as they did DKTF then more people would be excited for Wii U.

Not saying this was a bad direct. Showed some good stuff. Just they forgot a couple things.

#86 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

It had Steel Diver so I was fully satisfied plus it came out the same day.

LordPickleton.png

#87 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

We should all stop hyping these Directs just saying.

Every time there's one. Someone like Trite always picks a fight.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#88 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

also every other time i look at her if the threads are her suit or armpit hair... anyone here know?

Bayonetta's clothes are made of her hair.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#89 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

I think most people are really concerned about how the content was really marketed and emphasized instead of upset over what was actually shown. 

On paper this Direct was one of the best ever. 4 blockbuster Wii U games were shown, multiple 3DS games that will sell pretty well. Indie and virtual console games left and right, and even some smaller games free to play starting today.

What people are frustrated with it how they chose to market this content. We got glimpses at the things we wanted to see and tons of gibberish about games we wanted to see in passing (admit it, we want to see the Yoshi, Kirby, etc so be able to say we have those games coming).

Nintendo did a good job of finding the right subjects to talk about, just not the right content on said subjects. We wanted in depth mechanics of X explained, Online features of Mariokart 8 discussed as something to look forward to. Anything other than just a character reveal for Smash, new modes, online functionality etc. Bayonetta was the closest thing to this we got as we got some story and gameplay. this is what we needed from the others and didn't get!! 

This is a direct, not E3. X doesn't even have an official name yet you were expecting them to break down the game? It most likely isn't even coming until 2015. As for Mario Kart and Smash Bros. what exactly are you expecting them to say about online other than they're going to have them? It's not like we don't know what to expect in terms of those things. Seems like people are just expecting them to throw everything out at once when they're obviously not going to do that. 

pNgecl.gif

#90 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

re-watching ND on my Wii U. You know what it's much better the second time. No expectations and then it's great

#91 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

It's nice to hear your enthousiasme for the U, now i'm hoping that feeling stays the coming monts.

It's just frustrating that Nintendo has all of these great games coming out on the Wii U and it might be another year or two years before we get to play them. Bayonetta 2 and X just look sublime, I mean these two games are worth buying the Wii U for and I'm just so impatient, I really do want to play these games. 

On the plus side at least we're getting Mario Kart 8 at the end of May and Super Smash Bros will definitely be coming out this year, so I can't grumble too much. 

#92 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

The direct was worse than I expected and I had NO expectations of this being a great direct at all. Nintendo just don't get the market and what people want to see. 

They should have breezed over the 3DS titles as quickly as possible with a montage clip and concentrated on Wii U titles such as X, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda U, Smash Bros (with at least three newcomers not just little Mac), hell even that Sonic Lost World DLC. There should have been more on Fast Racing Neo, Project CARS, and Mario Kart really should have announced a Smash Kart megaton if they were adding extra characters people cared about.Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze should have been introduced by someone from Retro wearing a Samus pin in their outfit hinting that Retro are busy working on their next game, but until then enjoy this new Donkey Kong Trailer. There's basically NOTHING for Wii U this Spring apart from Mario Kart, and I don't see this direct helping sales AT ALL. Hell if Zelda U didn't get any screen time, show off Yarn Yoshi, or announce a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon HD. 

Seriously Nintendo, sort your carp out. No wonder they delayed because they know that 2014 is another drought year with games only coming after E3, and some may even get delayed!

Edited by Penguin101, 14 February 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#93 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

I think Nintendo should split their Direct's into two parts one dedicated solely to the 3DS and one dedicated solely to the Wii U and that way everybody is happy. I don't know why people are whinging about the 3DS being given more 'air-time' given the fact that more people own a 3DS and the 3DS is Nintendo most successful product at the moment. 

#94 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

I think Nintendo should split their Direct's into two parts one dedicated solely to the 3DS and one dedicated solely to the Wii U and that way everybody is happy. I don't know why people are whinging about the 3DS being given more 'air-time' given the fact that more people own a 3DS and the 3DS is Nintendo most successful product at the moment. 

For Marketing it is much better because you advertise both platforms all the time. In other words, when showcasing WiiU products to a 3ds audience may trigger WiiU sales.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#95 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

That's exactly why the Wii U needs more air time in order to sell Wii Us!

It's the same logic of third party developers not bothering with the Wii U, if they did, it might help sell the Wii U.

Out of a 41 minute presentation. Seven minutes was spent on Wii U, and for the 3DS each less than mediocre casual mini-game title was given around 3 to 5 whole minutes of air time which could have been done mostly in a montage clip.

I agree that directs should be split, but split into separate directs so you get a 3DS direct and a Wii U direct.

This direct should have been like last year's direct focusing on X, Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, Sonic Boom, Zelda U and any unannounced Zelda titles, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Fast Racing Neo, and some actual titles apart from Mario Kart that are coming this spring, and at least one unannounced Wii U title, Ideally something coming from no-where, but even an HD remake of a 3DS title like Luigi's Mansion would have been something. The fact NES remix 2 exists disgusts me, they should have just provided a DLC pack for NES remix at a low price

Edited by Penguin101, 14 February 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#96 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Ok so I will buy 'X' whenever it comes out but why big swords again?

If ya got big mech robot things then why bother landing and getting out to kill them?

As for the direct time scale it's pretty clear Nintendo don't seem to bothered about WiiU.

Really hope everyone has either a PS4 or PC to game on.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#97 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

If ya got big mech robot things then why bother landing and getting out to kill them?

As for the direct time scale it's pretty clear Nintendo don't seem to bothered about WiiU.

Got myself a self built next gen ready steam machine :D Alongside my Wii U. So I'm pretty much sorted until some decent PS4 exclusives come along 

#98 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Yeah Steam rocks, I only wanted to go WiiU and PC this gen but the state of WiiU made the PS4 purchase.

However I bought all the Xmas multiplats on WiiU so that left only KZSF & Knack on PS4 for now.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#99 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

Never played Xenogears huh?

1. Mechs need fuel.
2. Mechs can traverse ground far faster than on foot.
3. Mechs can get to places you cant on foot (flying)
4. Mechs CANT fit places you can go on foot (caves, buildings, alien crafts etc)
5. Combat drains fuel FAST
6. Special moves cost mech fuel, lucky hits from baddies are more likely to damage parts of a mech than drain hp. Engine damage leaks fuel
7. Run out of fuel your mech isnt going anywhere, your practical exploring is basically done.
8. you dont get experience points for wiping out tiny enemies in a mech.

In the video, the player left the mech because it got its arm ripped off, and likely ran low on fuel as a result to being damaged.

In Xenogears, you never really had to worry about your mech 'losing' and being destroyed, so much as parts being broken, and running out of fuel.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#100 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

http://nollog.net/MyBin/Bayonetta2.mov

btw
It's the video from platinum's blog. They removed the download link for some reason.
Best Quality you can get.

The direct was worse than I expected and I had NO expectations of this being a great direct at all. Nintendo just don't get the market and what people want to see. 

They should have breezed over the 3DS titles as quickly as possible with a montage clip and concentrated on Wii U titles such as X, Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda U, Smash Bros (with at least three newcomers not just little Mac), hell even that Sonic Lost World DLC. There should have been more on Fast Racing Neo, Project CARS, and Mario Kart really should have announced a Smash Kart megaton if they were adding extra characters people cared about.Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze should have been introduced by someone from Retro wearing a Samus pin in their outfit hinting that Retro are busy working on their next game, but until then enjoy this new Donkey Kong Trailer. There's basically NOTHING for Wii U this Spring apart from Mario Kart, and I don't see this direct helping sales AT ALL. Hell if Zelda U didn't get any screen time, show off Yarn Yoshi, or announce a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon HD. 

Seriously Nintendo, sort your carp out. No wonder they delayed because they know that 2014 is another drought year with games only coming after E3, and some may even get delayed!

lol, u srs?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!