Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Has anyone seen it? It's getting thrashed in reviews. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

I've heard reviews all across the scale, but mostly I've heard it's just really okay. Probably won't see it, since it honestly doesn't look to feel like Robocop, more like generic action movie, but I might if I have nothing else to do. 

Edited by Ninty64X, 14 February 2014 - 05:57 PM.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

See LEGO movie instead, if you already have then see it again.

794144.png?13383682

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

Anyone who goes to see this is supporting hollywood's lack of originality and is encouraging them to make more of these rainbowty remakes of beloved classics.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Idk about this one. The old was good and it looks like this one is kinda blah. But I will watch it and see when I get time and money.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

From what I hear it's a more genric remake of Iron Man from 2008 than it is Robocop.

Edited by Ryudo, 17 February 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

The trailer seems to me to imply the movie isn't about Robocop, but about conspiracy theories.
Like Judge Dredd, there'll be a proper reboot in about 20 years.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Thank goodness you specified in the title that it was the reboot that was coming out today, at first I skimmed through the title and missed that and just saw "Robocop came out today" and almost crapped my pants cuz I thought I got teleported back to the 80's again...

This movie looks like piss and you'd be much better off seeing the previously mentioned Lego Movie or even better yet Frozen 

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

From what I hear it's a more genric remake of Iron Man from 2008 than it is Robocop.

Oh .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Saw this movie on Sunday and it was great. And for those of you who don't like the movie just because the suit is black I'll tell you something. He gets really damaged at the end in the black suit and goes back to the silver suit. I don't care if you get spoiled you probably wont see the movie anyways.

Anyone who goes to see this is supporting hollywood's lack of originality and is encouraging them to make more of these rainbowty remakes of beloved classics.

Then why are you supporting the 2012 Dredd and wanting a sequel?

Edited by Lord Pickleton, 25 February 2014 - 02:09 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

Saw this movie on Sunday and it was great. And for those of you who don't like the movie just because the suit is black I'll tell you something. He gets really damaged at the end in the black suit and goes back to the silver suit. I don't care if you get spoiled you probably wont see the movie anyways.

Then why are you supporting the 2012 Dredd and wanting a sequel?

lol are you actually suggesting the original judge dredd is a beloved classic? Theres nothing wrong with having a second go at one of the worst films ever made, especially when it is a completely different story and style. 

Things like robocop and total recall are completely unnecessary because they are considered classics and hollywood ruin them by watering it down to a pg13 rating.

#12 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

lol are you actually suggesting the original judge dredd is a beloved classic? Theres nothing wrong with having a second go at one of the worst films ever made, especially when it is a completely different story and style. 

Things like robocop and total recall are completely unnecessary because they are considered classics and hollywood ruin them by watering it down to a pg13 rating.

So just because the original wasn't that great it voids this whole "Hollywood has no originality" somehow. That is some very broken views you have there, If you are going to keep pushing this whole "Hollywood has no originality" you better start getting people to stop watching the new Godzilla because that is a reboot of the franchise. Also stop them from watching all the upcoming comic book movies from Marvel, Fox, Sony, and DC/Warner Bros. since those are based on comic books and fall under the "Hollywood has no originality" just like other book to movie adaptation and sequels(Robocop 2 and 3). If you are going to spread this "Hollywood has no originality I better see you boycotting all the other movies that fall under that category. The idea of "Hollywood has no originality" is very stupid to begin with.

LordPickleton.png

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

why would anyone watch this rubbish, the original is 1000% better.

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

So just because the original wasn't that great it voids this whole "Hollywood has no originality" somehow. That is some very broken views you have there, If you are going to keep pushing this whole "Hollywood has no originality" you better start getting people to stop watching the new Godzilla because that is a reboot of the franchise. Also stop them from watching all the upcoming comic book movies from Marvel, Fox, Sony, and DC/Warner Bros. since those are based on comic books and fall under the "Hollywood has no originality" just like other book to movie adaptation and sequels(Robocop 2 and 3). If you are going to spread this "Hollywood has no originality I better see you boycotting all the other movies that fall under that category. The idea of "Hollywood has no originality" is very stupid to begin with.

Hollywood does lack originality these days. You proved it by pointing out that the biggest films this year are based on comics or old films. There are so few original screenplays out there now and everything seems to be "based" on a true story or a book or a comic or an old film. 

However, I don't think you understood what I meant since I was talking specifically about Hollywood's obsession with remakes. There is a huge difference between an adaptation and an unnecessary remake. The latter is purely a cash in.

I'll give you a reason why robocop is a completely unnecessary remake: 

In case you didn't know, Robocop had this whole capitalism and social commentary thing going on underneath it's violent sci fi action exterior and is widely considered a classic. The new one however (from what I hear from friends, reviews, and trailers) is seriously lacking in that. Not only that, but it cuts down the violence and adult themes to nothing but mild violence just to get a PG13 rating.

Do you really need any further proof that this is just a cash in and nothing more?

At least with adaptations there is room for directors and writers to do something fresh and exciting with their source material (and the good films usually do), these terrible remakes very rarely bring anything new to the table. Not only that but there is a big difference between reading a book/comic and watching a film whereas there is very little difference between watching an older film and watching a new film. I think I'm starting to repeat myself here but do you see where I'm going with this?

But hey, you enjoy your rainbowty pg13 remakes with all those improved explosions and cgi because it doesn't matter what I say or do, hollywood will continue to churn out this garbage for years to come.

I hear they have a remake of The Crow planned...  <_<

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

^ Isn't he the one who defended Bay films? Kinda says it all right there.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

why would anyone watch this rubbish, the original is 1000% better.

It's nice to watch things from different angles from time to time.

When I watch a movie of a franchise I'm familiar with, I try to go in expecting it to be it's own thing, not as part of the franchise as I understand it.
The odd time these movies are good on their own merits, and just use a known IP for money.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

^ Isn't he the one who defended Bay films? Kinda says it all right there.

lol

ddd62cd53421b532f9d708ff8f6aa3938d875b6b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!