Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

The press started to get the new Thief in their hands and while there's an embargo for the review, former IGN editor Jeremy Conrad tweeted:

Thief:

1080p/30 PS4
900p/30 XB1

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=770450

Ouchhh.

I might as well get a second PS4. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

here we go again

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Seems like the WiiU is more powerful than XBone. At least the WiiU hits 60fps.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

PC for the win. 

also is there a gameplay demo, want to know if this game matters for 60 or 30 fps

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

settle down 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

It's funny how the Wii U can do 1080p and people still bash it. How many 1080p games does the Xbox One have?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

It's funny how the Wii U can do 1080p and people still bash it. How many 1080p games does the Xbox One have?

Because their "1080p" is cartoony and stylist, not hyper realism so its not real 1080p res. /joke.

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Because their "1080p" is cartoony and stylist, not hyper realism so its not real 1080p res. /joke.

Aha, yes, that common misconception is really annoying. However I will say that the Xbox One is capable of far more stuff going on, with higher detail (except for res). The only reason the Wii U can do 1080p is its eDRAM, not because of raw power.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Ah lawd, makes you really wonder what the heck Microsoft was thinking when making this machine

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

So Thief stole 180p from X1?

Have you see Donkey Kong's fur... now that is hyper realism. 

Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 19 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

So Thief stole 180p from X1?

Have you see Donkey Kong's fur... now that is hyper realism. 

Donkey-Kong-Country-Tropical-Freeze.jpg

What did you do to the picture with the colors? NO! NO! NO!

QU9ZKRY.jpg

YES! YES! YES!

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

What did you do to the picture with the colors? NO! NO! NO!

QU9ZKRY.jpg

YES! YES! YES!

It's whatever website is hosting the image, i just copied over. But yes, that looks better but I am not racist and don't care what color they are.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Aha, yes, that common misconception is really annoying. However I will say that the Xbox One is capable of far more stuff going on, with higher detail (except for res). The only reason the Wii U can do 1080p is its eDRAM, not because of raw power.

Pretty sure you need enough raster operation units to fill a 1080 image with the pixels.

Ram just holds the finished image, it doesnt draw it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

It depends on the content. And all next gen consoles upscale the output to 1080p.

Interesting how the similar architecture philosophy of wii u and x1 stumps devs who should know better.

The wii u edram goes underutilized most of the time and the esram in x1 suffers the same fate.

Forza is made by a very capable developer. The polygons in the cars alone are staggering. The environs too. Then moving them all at speed with weather, various lighting, texture effects, particles, etc. it's. Impressive. And that's 1080/60fps.

It's not the x1 can't do it. It's multiplat devs dont care to master the tech when gddr5 takes care of it easily.

So rather than invest in x1 specifics, just turn it down a notch.

Titanfall is a bit of a mystery. It's not graphically that intriguing. Taken as a whole, with the speed, the art direction, etc. it is nice. But the individual parts aren't. The polygon models could be done on last gen. So could the textures. But not at this (very, very smooth) framerate.

Yet it's not 1080p. And this is an exclusive. But I think there's more to it. It was a PC game, a last gen game, and may have been intended for ps4 at some point until ms secured exclusivity for the life of this gen.

But idk about Respawn. Call of Duty guys right?

I played the beta for a while and ran into some glitches. Then trying to exit the beta blacked out my x1. Restart wouldn't even fix it. Had to unplug everything for two minutes and redo. Promptly deleted the beta. Lol

Ps4 has more shaders, faster ram, and is easier to develop for. But none of the current sub 1080 games HAVE to be that way. Esp. MGS which is a last gen game only with better lighting and textures (even same old polygon models -tomb raider did better...) and features the exact same graphics on all consoles except higher res on ps4 and x1. And yet somehow x1 isn't 1080. Lol

Multiplays for Microsoft will feel the wii us pain. Meanwhile properly coded games for wii u (mario 3d, kart 8, x, etc. will shine) as will halo, gears, forza, etc on x1.

What hurts both wii u and x1 is developer enthusiasm. There is simply not that drive to make excellent ports for them. And games are made by people. When you care, you do your best work.

Right now it seems ps4 has that enthusiasm going for it from most third parties.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 February 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Next gen consoles are not out yet. Just like this week is not next week. Current gen. This week.

#16 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Ah lawd, makes you really wonder what the heck Microsoft was thinking when making this machine

The reason the Xbox One is struggling to reach 1080p is because it's not primarily a games console, if it was I have no qualms that the Xbox One would be the superior console in terms of specifications and performance. The fact remains that the Xbox One is not a games console, it's a multi-media box that plays games, there lies the difference.

Any gamer who buys the Xbox One primarily for games and little else will wind up disappointed at the performance of the Xbox One.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

The reason the Xbox One is struggling to reach 1080p is because it's not primarily a games console, if it was I have no qualms that the Xbox One would be the superior console in terms of specifications and performance. The fact remains that the Xbox One is not a games console, it's a multi-media box that plays games, there lies the difference.

Any gamer who buys the Xbox One primarily for games and little else will wind up disappointed at the performance of the Xbox One.

This is nonsense.

The Xbone isnt underperforming because its resources are split multitasking between multimedia and gaming.

Its underperforming because its underpowered. Literally. Its practically the same exact machine as the ps4, EXCEPT, it has 30% LESS gcn cores in its gpu than the ps4, units that, among other things, are responsible for fillrate, which fills a screen with pixels.

30% Less gcn cores=lower fillrate=less pixels=lower resolution.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

I disagree, it's not as powerful as the PS4, it's 50% less powerful, but is it underpowered? No.

The reason it cannot produce native 1080p is because it's a multi-media box with its hardware being split to do more functions than just playing games like the PS4.

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

I disagree, it's not as powerful as the PS4, it's 50% less powerful, but is it underpowered? No.

The reason it cannot produce native 1080p is because it's a multi-media box with its hardware being split to do more functions than just playing games like the PS4.

Which is exactly why ms has been relaxing the developer kinect requirements.

And raising clock speeds...

But there is no replacing the many gpu components that are missing.

X1 ,any have a slighter better gpu, but a far less powerful gpu.

The xbox one is an ambitious console. More so than ps4, but they didn't spec it put to dominate gaming while doing the rest could have used two more CPU cores and a bigger, badder gpu. Possibly a couple more gigs of ram toon sheesh. That would have cost something...

The esram is helpful, but there may not be enough of it and most developers don't seem to want to really do too much there.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 22 February 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#20 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Which is exactly why ms has been relaxing the developer kinect requirements.

And oveclocking...

But there is no replacing the many gpu components that are missing.

X1 ,any have a slighter better gpu, but a far less powerful gpu.

The xbox one is an ambitious console. More so than ps4, but they didn't spec it put to dominate gaming while doing the rest could have used two more CPU cores and a bigger, badder gpu. Possibly a couple more gigs of ram toon sheesh. That would have cost something...

The problem with the Xbox One is the cost to manufacture the Kinect 2.0.

This is a big boo, boo on part of Microsoft. Had they not forced Kinect 2.0 onto consumers and made it an optional accessory, they could have used money to channel towards better specification of hardware which would have given them a competitive advantage as the Xbox One would have been able to produce 1080p with ease while having the advantage of being a multi-media device, sadly they've really pushed Kinect which doesn't really serve that much of a purpose. I've used the Xbox One and I found it easier to navigate the console's interface with the controller than the voice commands and hand gestures.

If Microsoft create another console, I hope they carry on with the multimedia box direction, make some drastic improvements, cut out the Kinect altogether and make it an optional accessory, beef up the hardware. They do this and they'll go hammer and tongs with the PS5 (if Sony releases one).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!