72 replies to this topic

#61 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

http://gamingbolt.co...-never-happened

So, just to be clear, the ORIGINAL reveal was on a high end gaming PC, and since then all footage was shown on the PS4 version (post PS4 version). That's why the graphics seem to be down graded.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#62 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

http://gamingbolt.co...-never-happened

So, just to be clear, the ORIGINAL reveal was on a high end gaming PC, and since then all footage was shown on the PS4 version (post PS4 version). That's why the graphics seem to be down graded.

Is he using a console controller here or pc?

It's all an illusion.

siegfriedroy9201024x768.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#63 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Is he using a console controller here or pc?

It's all an illusion.

siegfriedroy9201024x768.jpg

Well, YouTube is currently down, so I am assuming your talking about the original review. The guy was using a controller, possible an Xbox one, but it was on a PC.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#64 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

The original reveal trailer painted it as a much different game from what its been shown as since, which is exactly as you have described.

I see, well if this is a representation of what this gen is to bring then looks like I won't be missing much.

pNgecl.gif

#65 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Ubi is well known for Bullshots. Red Steel. Then when they were found to be fake playing ACIV on stage PS4 E3.

#66 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

Ubi is well known for Bullshots. Red Steel. Then when they were found to be fake playing ACIV on stage PS4 E3.

Red steel was more than just bull shots, it was an entire bull trailer, depicting the game as COMPLETELY different than the end product we got, or even later trailers (Wow, this sounds really familiar), with enemies dodging bullets, and all this fluid animation between gunplay and swordplay, it looked amazing, and completely verified the potential of motion controls.

And it was all a scam. The AI was generic garbage, you couldnt switch to the sword at all, except in boss fights, after a cutscene, in a tiny arena you werent allowed to leave.

Red steel 2, handled by an entirely different team, actually DID deliver on everything the original red steel trailer promised. The raw mechanics of that game were amazing.

Unfortunately, byt the time red steel 2 came along, nobody believed it was real, they had been crapped on too many times.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#67 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

When the game was announced I kept saying the game was going to sell like crap because of the first games woes. I wanted Ubi to change the name to at least shake off the Red Steel name.

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Ryudo, on 13 Mar 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:
When the game was announced I kept saying the game was going to sell like crap because of the first games woes. I wanted Ubi to change the name to at least shake off the Red Steel name.

Same here. I never saw a single thread about rs2 that wasnt completely derailed with talk of the first game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

All this talk about Red Steel 2 made me replay it. Great game.

#70 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

Same here. I never saw a single thread about rs2 that wasnt completely derailed with talk of the first game.

Don't remind me, dang it! I had so much fun with that game, and I'm still angry that it sold so poorly simply because of it's name.  As far as I'm concerned, it was the best use of motion controls until Skyward Sword came out.

#71 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Lightning_Ninja, on 13 Mar 2014 - 2:46 PM, said:
Don't remind me, dang it! I had so much fun with that game, and I'm still angry that it sold so poorly simply because of it's name. As far as I'm concerned, it was the best use of motion controls until Skyward Sword came out.

Whenever I say 'There were only two real games on wii that ever attempted to realize the wii's motion control potential, everything else was waggle crap'.

Those 2 games are specifically the ones I am talking about.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#72 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Watch dogs will be a typical open world game full of mediocrity and little else.

A bland storyline full of irrelevant and pointless side quests to act as a filler.

Yawn.

#73 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

I don't see the problem with the graphics, it looked good to me. But I'm not a big graphics person. The the gameplay looks good and thats all that matters.

But I agree with the whole this needs to do well to support the Wii U. Games bombed before, and they didn't deter support really, companies are doing this just with the Wii U. Its like hey, why didn't you buy a crap game? Oh well no good games for you.

I also don't see the problem with the graphics. We're going to get Wii U graphics, and that's what we should expect. I also agree that we need to support good games on the Wii U or our beloved console is going to die a horrible death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!