#201 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

Unfortunately, the majority of the first season is done in a "slice of life" style, not unlike Friends. I remember the first two episodes, 6, 12, 18, 23, and 24 being the ones that really did something with effects that reached into later episodes.

1+2 - the mane six are revealed to represent the Elements of Harmony, and Luna is returned from her banishment
6 - Twilight Sparkle's magical abilities are truly focused on for the first time, and she feels far more comfortable with them after this episode
12 - Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle meet, and form the Cutie Mark Crusaders; their mission to get their cutie marks continues through the rest of the season
18 - an episode focusing on the personal development of the Cutie Mark Crusaders
23 - the mane six reveal how they got their cutie marks, and realize that Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom was indirectly responsible for bringing them together many years later
24 - Twilight Sparkle adopts an owl as her pet - I'm sure we'll see more of him in season 2
26 - the season finale; it is an episode that focuses on each of the ponies' aspirations

I might've missed a couple - someone, feel free to fill in any gaps. But yes, generally, nothing very far-reaching tends to happen. Personally, I'm hoping to see a lot more plot continuity in season 2 - some big problem that takes the entire season to solve would be awesome.

Yeah. Those are practically all that add something to the arc/plot/story/whatever.

The series is more a "slice of life" thing, which actually teaches you a few values. (Warning: Will induce laughter!)

#202 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

I quite like the slice of life in Ponyville episodes. More plot continuity in season 2 would be good, but I hope the show will still have the slice of life episodes.

#203 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

I am officially officially a brony due to Derpy Hooves being in my sig.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#204 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

Isn't season 2 coming out in October? :D

#205 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

Isn't season 2 coming out in October? :D

Nope, it's airing in America in September. :D I think it's the 17th to be exact.

#206 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Not weird at all:

Is this how some people at 4chan are? (Never been there for obvious reasons.)

#207 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

It must be even harder to try to flip a page of a book, if you don't have a horn like Rarity and Twilight Sparkle... (That'd be a nightmare for me.)

Twilight Sparkle has a horn.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#208 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

Not weird at all:

Is this how some people at 4chan are? (Never been there for obvious reasons.)

LOL!

Twilight Sparkle has a horn.

That's what he said.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#209 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I've only ever watched the pilot and I have to say it is a well produced show and the writer's care for the fandom ( Creating an extended music video just for the fan sites and talking with the fans on her deviant art page) is rather amazing.
I think one of the best things about the show is the fan interaction, if only all shows interacted with their fans once in a while, after all we do know what WE want.
Posted Image

#210 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Can someone tell me what's so good about this show.
Please?
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#211 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Can someone tell me what's so good about this show.
Please?

It's well-animated, clever, humorous, self-aware and nonsensical. It's not intended to be something that makes you think or come out of watching it as a better informed person. It's sorta just a romp.

I suggest you read through the first bit of the thread. That question was addressed rather thoroughly there.

Everyone, it's just a little more than two weeks until season 2!

#212 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

After posting some rather obvious pony-related stuff on my facebook(which I only do because my mom makes me), she learned that I like they show. Despite my younger brother telling her months ago, only now does she know. She says that I am too young to be a creepy old-man. She also said that I can't criticize her for watching crap (housewives and reality tv) despite it still being crap.
Boy, is she going to flip once season 2 comes out. This time I have ambition and will start pumping out art when season 2 begins.

#213 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

After posting some rather obvious pony-related stuff on my facebook(which I only do because my mom makes me), she learned that I like they show. Despite my younger brother telling her months ago, only now does she know. She says that I am too young to be a creepy old-man. She also said that I can't criticize her for watching crap (housewives and reality tv) despite it still being crap.
Boy, is she going to flip once season 2 comes out. This time I have ambition and will start pumping out art when season 2 begins.

Your mom makes you post ponies on Facebook? O.o

#214 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Your mom makes you post ponies on Facebook? O.o

I should have reworded it. She makes me post on facebook and I posted some pony related stuff.

#215 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

I suggest you read through the first bit of the thread. That question was addressed rather thoroughly there.

Everyone, it's just a little more than two weeks until season 2!

Well I watched it about ten episodes and I found it boring and unfunny.
I just don't get the appeal behind such a boring show.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#216 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

This is apparently "emo Dash". This was captured from an animation reel by Aidan Mcateer. It's footage from season 2. Wow I was about to post the video, but it appears that it has been deleted. It was up a few minutes ago.

#217 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

Posted Image

This is apparently &quot;emo Dash&quot;. This was captured from an animation reel by Aidan Mcateer. It's footage from season 2. Wow I was about to post the video, but it appears that it has been deleted. It was up a few minutes ago.

Footage from season 2 leaked online? :o

Next time you (or anyone else) sees any, use KeepHD to download a copy of it, and I'll re-host it for us in a place beyond Youtube's control.

EDIT: Lol, that sounds almost a little desperate. :P But I do mean it.

Kurt, did you see anything particularly special in that vid?

Edited by Feld0, 01 September 2011 - 03:32 AM.
Added a note at the end

#218 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

Nope, just Emo Dash being lasso'd off of that cloud. It's only about 2-3 seconds. I'm sure someone must have re-uploaded it somewhere, I'll keep my eye out. ;)

Edit: Ah, someone made a GIF of the footage.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• 52056 - Graynbow_dash animated rainbow_dash season_2.gif
  • 52057 - Graynbow_dash animated rainbow_dash season_2.gif

Edited by Feld0, 01 September 2011 - 02:33 PM.
Attaching the two images to the post, just in case the originals go down.

#219 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

I take it that Emo Dash is a fan name for her. I wonder if she's going to be hidden in lots of scenes in season two, a bit like Derpy Hooves.

#220 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

Yep, a fan name. :P

It's caused a lot of conversation. Some people are saying her Element was reversed, or something. (Element of Loyalty) A lot of people are saying she's depressed, sort of like when Pinkie is depressed her hair is no longer poofy, except Rainbow Dash's colours fade.

Spoiler

Edited by Kurtiss, 01 September 2011 - 10:58 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!