Photo

Mario Kart 8 Online Disappointment + Why so many babies?

complain disappontment mario kart 8 fail

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Totally agree with you!

Apparently, many people are being fanboys and are denying the truth.

Nintendo should listen to their fans, seriously! If indie companies can do great online experiences, Nintendo can!

yup thats why I hope they realize that if enough people complain and give us some big patch

Ok this crap needs to stop now.

This is why you weren't taken seriously.

MK8 is a bucking incredible looking game. One could argue it's the best game to come out for 8th gen so far.

This thing has been treated with the absolute most care down to the frinking smallest detail. We're talking about big things like anti gravity, mid sized thing like spin boosting, and tiny things like fluttering mustaches and booty staring.

The game is getting great reviews across the board, the only reason the reviews aren't pretty much perfects is because this game is being compared to the previous installments... all of which were also incredible games for their times.

Outside of MK8 Nintendo has been frinking great to us, especially in the last month or so. Smash bros. looks mind-blowing, with so many things people have been requesting for forever, from all walks of the game for the longest time being included. We're getting Bayonetta 2, X, a new Zelda, rumors of Metroid or Starfox, and judging by the way Miyamoto is talking eventually a Majora's Mask remake.

Pretty much everyone on this site loves their Wi U as a system, the only complaint most people can make is a lack of games, which still isn't saying much, since we have the most games (both great and in general) in this  gen so far.

Now here's you guys, complaining about character selection and online chat restrictions, and do you state it would have been nice to have these things, but oh well, maybe next time? No. You try to say that Nintendo doesn't listen, and that they need to do better? That you expect "much more". That's just straight up whining and nit-picking. There isn't even enough room for improvement to expect "much more". This isn't some essential feature that has been excluded, this isn't an "up yours" straight from Iwata, this is you complaining that, oh no, while you're having the time of your life playing an incredible game, you won't be able to look at the back of so and so's bike and head. Because you couldn't possibly play as the boatloads of other great characters. No that would just ruin the experience. Nintendo has killed the game and slapped in or face. Forget all the other things that are perfect and spot on about the game, I can't play as a Goomba and complain about it to strangers in chat.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Pointless topic.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#23 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • NNID:Dr.Legendaddy
  • Fandom:
    Lucas, Wario, King Triple D

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Ok this crap needs to stop now.

This is why you weren't taken seriously.

MK8 is a bucking incredible looking game. One could argue it's the best game to come out for 8th gen so far.

This thing has been treated with the absolute most care down to the frinking smallest detail. We're talking about big things like anti gravity, mid sized thing like spin boosting, and tiny things like fluttering mustaches and booty staring.

The game is getting great reviews across the board, the only reason the reviews aren't pretty much perfects is because this game is being compared to the previous installments... all of which were also incredible games for their times.

Outside of MK8 Nintendo has been frinking great to us, especially in the last month or so. Smash bros. looks mind-blowing, with so many things people have been requesting for forever, from all walks of the game for the longest time being included. We're getting Bayonetta 2, X, a new Zelda, rumors of Metroid or Starfox, and judging by the way Miyamoto is talking eventually a Majora's Mask remake.

Pretty much everyone on this site loves their Wi U as a system, the only complaint most people can make is a lack of games, which still isn't saying much, since we have the most games (both great and in general) in this  gen so far.

Now here's you guys, complaining about character selection and online chat restrictions, and do you state it would have been nice to have these things, but oh well, maybe next time? No. You try to say that Nintendo doesn't listen, and that they need to do better? That you expect "much more". That's just straight up whining and nit-picking. There isn't even enough room for improvement to expect "much more". This isn't some essential feature that has been excluded, this isn't an "up yours" straight from Iwata, this is you complaining that, oh no, while you're having the time of your life playing an incredible game, you won't be able to look at the back of so and so's bike and head. Because you couldn't possibly play as the boatloads of other great characters. No that would just ruin the experience. Nintendo has killed the game and slapped in or face. Forget all the other things that are perfect and spot on about the game, I can't play as a Goomba and complain about it to strangers in chat.

Well if Nintendo is doing SO good then tell me why nobody's bying the Wii U? I got the thing since launch and it hasnt had one game id say I'm happy to have bought. 3DS is much better. So was every other Nintendo console. And I think the problem is that you got me mistaken: I'm NOT complaining bout the voice-chat (complaining only bout that would be in fact nonsense i agree) I'm complaining bout the whole package.. I can only play a game like mk for a long time if it has good online but it has no message system, no party system and is over all not up to date. I cant even invite friends into a game. The characters are just the cherry on top of the whole crap. I been lookin forward to this game snice the wii u was announced and I'm angry about what nintendo did to the features i was lookin for most as Ive been playing mk wii online for years. So Im sorry if you did see this as focusing on small things but for me the possibility of not inviting friends to public games etc is a big deal. I complete mk games offline in a few hours and then I focus ONLY on online (and a lil 4 player) so if that part is not even as good as in COD then its not nitpickin but a deal breaker.  And most reviewers feel the same. Its not a long term online game its a 4 player party game.

If Nintendo would listend wed have already a new metroid and a new mario galaxy instead of the current games.you say this is announced, that is roumored but INSIDE my wii u theres nothing.

If you wanna play it only offline then fine I admitt itll be almost perfect except characters but thats not my point. For me its the biggest disapointment in this generation.

also I dont see any reason to get aggresive and insulting because I'm for my part a big Nintendo fan but I just dont like what they do with the wii u at this point. I love the 3ds and its my fav system atm. I thought the Nintendo community was the nicest and most open minded one but well they seem to be more radical then I expected.

Edited by Dr.Legendaddy, 18 May 2014 - 12:25 PM.

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

Steam: DrUSA7

NNID:Dr.Legendaddy, 7HzG_Legendaddy(BLOPSII)

#24 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

If Nintendo would listend wed have already a new metroid and a new mario galaxy instead of the current games.you say this is announced, that is roumored but INSIDE my wii u theres nothing.

Nope, when will people stop asking for this. A new mario galaxy, it doesn't sell. No 3D mario does, if you look at the sales figures 2D mario games sell the best. This is because, and here's the shocker, it is what people know. We don't want something totally different, we want what we know. As for Metroid (and all other old games like F-zero and such), just no. These are games that would have to go through a lot off change if they want to sell it to current gamers, because they expect much more. That's why Nintendo doesn't dare touching them. Starfox 64 3D didn't sell, F-Zero is only known amongst the older gamers and metroid has been released on the GC so it hasn't been that long. Nintendo should just keep these IP's in the archives and look into new/other IP's

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#25 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Nope, when will people stop asking for this. A new mario galaxy, it doesn't sell. No 3D mario does, if you look at the sales figures 2D mario games sell the best. This is because, and here's the shocker, it is what people know. We don't want something totally different, we want what we know. As for Metroid (and all other old games like F-zero and such), just no. These are games that would have to go through a lot off change if they want to sell it to current gamers, because they expect much more. That's why Nintendo doesn't dare touching them. Starfox 64 3D didn't sell, F-Zero is only known amongst the older gamers and metroid has been released on the GC so it hasn't been that long. Nintendo should just keep these IP's in the archives and look into new/other IP's

If the current games would really be what people want then the wii u would be #1 selling console. The kids want violence/shooters, the older gamers want those old IPs.

seriously how can i delete this thread? if its just causin pointles posts like the one fromu PadWatcher2 then I just wanna delete it and forget about ever having had the audacity to try to critizise Nintendo for the first time in my life.

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

#26 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

If the current games would really be what people want then the wii u would be #1 selling console. The kids want violence/shooters, the older gamers want those old IPs.

I never said that what we have is good. I said that the older games wouldn't sell. They would have to change up a lot to appeal to 'kids', probally so much that the older gamers will complain. And if they wouldn't these old games only appeal to a small part off the WiiU/gaming community.

So again, old games don't work and neither do current ones

Edited by Akazury, 18 May 2014 - 01:10 PM.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#27 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

I never said that what we have is good. I said that the older games wouldn't sell. They would have to change up a lot to appeal to 'kids', probally so much that the older gamers will complain. And if they wouldn't these old games only appeal to a small part off the WiiU/gaming community.

So again, old games don't work and neither do current ones

well you might be right. we wont ever find out unfortunately but i agree that what we have aint good. and id love to see new ips thats for sure!

#28 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Who cares about what sells? Are you really so attached to this company that you would rather see them make millions off I every game they made instead of makin games people want? F-Zero and Metroid may not be huge sellers, but games like Fire Emblem Awakening with a target of 700,000 copies sold. Not every game has to sell millions to be a success. If Nintendo lost money on GX, I bet it wasn't nearly as much as you think.

Do you even know the average age of the Nintendo install base? Just about Hal the people on my college dorm floor had 3DSs. Most of them got games other than just pokemon. I have two friends on my Wii U. My brother, and a friend 2 years older than me in his 20s. And another friend of mine from college. The people I talk to who are interested in the console are my COLLEGE friends, not the people in my brother's 8th grade class who can't see past the latest Call of Duty. Their complaints and reasons for not getting the console are things like it's online infrastructure and games they are interested in beyond Mariokart and Smash Bros. and Zelda. They want to see new IP and third party support and they'd be back in a heartbeat. And they are the fans with the money to throw at Nintendo if sai games were available.

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

People do not understand budget to sales ratio.

The Last Story sold 200k for Xseed. People laugh at it. Xseed announces it's thier most successful game ever also a success for Mistwalker.

Fire Emblem sold over 900k for a game that only need to seel 240K to be a success.

People seem to assume any game needs to sell in the millions to be a success ort even a very good success. It's not true. Games like CoD,GTA pour half a million in and need huge sales and massive marketing. Games lke Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite despire being loaded iwth problems in finished product and devlopment get so hyped and so much put in too big to fail even when they do.

Games can sell over a million or a couple million and be a failure.

#30 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

People do not understand budget to sales ratio.

The Last Story sold 200k for Xseed. People laugh at it. Xseed announces it's thier most successful game ever also a success for Mistwalker.
Fire Emblem sold over 900k for a game that only need to seel 240K to be a success.

People seem to assume any game needs to sell in the millions to be a success ort even a very good success. It's not true. Games like CoD,GTA pour half a million in and need huge sales and massive marketing. Games lke Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite despire being loaded iwth problems in finished product and devlopment get so hyped and so much put in too big to fail even when they do.
Games can sell over a million or a couple million and be a failure.

Can I get a little more grammar before I 100% agree with you please?

#31 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

Can I get a little more grammar before I 100% agree with you please?

No. I have some disabilities. On disability and was never properly taught. I can read great but English itself in writing nope. If I could afford it I would take those writing classes I always wanted...for the past 13 years. Complications for home life severly interfered with education life that despite getting on honor rolls once and graduated HS a sememster early, we(Teachers/Mom/Coach & me)were so focused on getting me through school and getting decent grades in a nightmare of situations.I was to distracted to learn other than what I knew about history and other subjects I read about since I was little. I read daily and always been reading but math and writing something I never got down for various bullsnot reasons.

You asked.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 May 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Dr.Legendaddy, on 18 May 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:
Dr.Legendaddy, on 18 May 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:
you think i made it up or what?? why should I do that???
Mario Kart 8: 89
swap force: 89
http://www.metacriti...wii-u/metascore

Yeah, see, here is the problem with that... Do you understand the purpose of metacritic? I dont think you do.

See, the purpose of metacritic as to get an aggregate of review scores from as large a sampling as possible.

Your cherry picked skylanders swap farce wii u is completely worthless to the purpose of metacritic because it is based on only SEVEN reviews. So worthless, so as to not show up on my metacritic as i have my minimum set to 20.

http://www.metacriti...ders-swap-force
The 360 version, at only 36 reviews fell an order down. The player reviews at 41, destroy it at a 5.7.

You see, the more reviews you have, the harder and harder and harder it becomes to mantain scores like an 89. Again, that is the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF METACRITIC. Meaning your swap farts example is worthless and stupid, because it an 89 at SEVEN reviews, while mario kart 8 is an 89 at FORTY SEVEN reviews.

I reiterate. No skylanders is remotely close to mk8 on metacritic.

Dont have much beef with your other points though. Although I do suspect in game vo was left out because they just didnt have the overhead to run it in game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, see, here is the problem with that... Do you understand the purpose of metacritic? I dont think you do.

See, the purpose of metacritic as to get an aggregate of review scores from as large a sampling as possible.

Your cherry picked skylanders swap farce wii u is completely worthless to the purpose of metacritic because it is based on only SEVEN reviews. So worthless, so as to not show up on my metacritic as i have my minimum set to 20.

http://www.metacriti...ders-swap-force
The 360 version, at only 36 reviews fell an order down. The player reviews at 41, destroy it at a 5.7.

You see, the more reviews you have, the harder and harder and harder it becomes to mantain scores like an 89. Again, that is the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF METACRITIC. Meaning your swap farts example is worthless and stupid, because it an 89 at SEVEN reviews, while mario kart 8 is an 89 at FORTY SEVEN reviews.

I reiterate. No skylanders is remotely close to mk8 on metacritic.

Dont have much beef with your other points though. Although I do suspect in game vo was left out because they just didnt have the overhead to run it in game.

Could be but do you not think this is just Nintendo not wanting a competitive game like mk8 player getting pissed off and going on a cursing rant while in chat? I think this just has more to do with who mk8 is marketed to. Yes many adults will be playing but many kids will be also... though i dont know what parent would let their kids play online? I have a 9 and 7 year old and they dont come close to playing online for any game. I just think this is something nintendo should consider what the people actually buying this game is asking for and make it happen via patch. I personally online game a little and chat is something I personally dont care for but if the massess are asking for it then maybe its something the majority of the potential owners want.

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

GAMER1984, on 19 May 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:
Could be but do you not think this is just Nintendo not wanting a competitive game like mk8 player getting pissed off and going on a cursing rant while in chat? I think this just has more to do with who mk8 is marketed to. Yes many adults will be playing but many kids will be also... though i dont know what parent would let their kids play online? I have a 9 and 7 year old and they dont come close to playing online for any game. I just think this is something nintendo should consider what the people actually buying this game is asking for and make it happen via patch. I personally online game a little and chat is something I personally dont care for but if the massess are asking for it then maybe its something the majority of the potential owners want.

Thats something that can easily be disabled user end and via parental controls as well.

Though I suspect that was something that likely pushed the priority of in race chat down a notch.

Judging by the incredible audio this game is channeling, not just music wise, but spatial detail wise as well (the game has an entire 3d soundtrack for the track itself and entities inhabiting it) things like singing shy guys working in diamond mines, the audio dsp likely has little overhead and even less bandwidth to process player voices at a decent quality... Which would leave the task up to the cpu, which is already doing beastwork, i mean, just looking at one example, like animation, every damn thing in the game is animated. Hell I wouldnt be surprised if mario's butt hairs were animated.

Of course, this is the teams first hd game, and first wii u game and engine, annd as such there is a lot that can be optimized to get the overhead needed to have in game vo.... But they dont have infinite time and resources. And thats where priorities come into play, and nintendo decided to have mk8 look sound and animate the way it does at 60fps, instead of trading off a part of that to get in game vo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

Mario Kart 8 will be a fantastic game, it will amaze you whether you want it to or not

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Using a number for a review is kinda stupid in the first place. Like I remember a really awful babies Wii game got a higher score than Mafia II. Well a score can't determine one game in a different genre is better than a another game in a different genre but people compare anyway.  Also no one really cares what a reviewer says anymore. They just want the score. Someone will post a topic saying this game got this score and low or high people just react to the score. The only time they read the review if it got a lower score than they wanted then call out the reviewer and even then they nitpick.

I only believe in the written part of a review. Another site I used to belong to we had a review topic and no scores. We all wrote long detailed reviews. It was very popular among members.  This is before we get into paid off reviews.  People often believe a game is bad or good because a number said so. They never bothered to really get into the mechanics and other important details of the game to really decide. If they did DmC and Skyrim and CoD be seen for the crud they are and see Sonic Lost World,Wonderful 101,Blue Dragon and such for amazing games.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 May 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#37 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

If I can't invite friends to a game or whatever the OP is talking about then yes, I will be annoyed.

Nintendo could always patch things like chat in lobbies and invites etc easily, they have patched Mario Karts before but that was mainly for game balancing and stuff.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

If I can't invite friends to a game or whatever the OP is talking about then yes, I will be annoyed.

Nintendo could always patch things like chat in lobbies and invites etc easily, they have patched Mario Karts before but that was mainly for game balancing and stuff.

just dont hold your breath

#39 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

yeah the cursing could be a problem but like I said the missong chat feature is something I could live with. its the rest of the online thats messed up like no txt messages, no inviting friends into public games etc

@ 3dude: yeah ok the skylanders game has an assumingly not earned score on wii u in metacritic but my point is that I expected mk to be the best wii u game so far and not a 89. and nintendo couldve easily achieved that by making a good, up to date online and good characters. like this its just an awesome game but not " perfect" as it couldve been. and for people like me who wanted the good online badly its just annoying and leaves me wondering WHY NINTENDO? WHY?

my last hope for the game

just dont hold your breath

yup :(

#40 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

to be quite honest Mario Kart has always made the same mistake across all platforms (Online). We are now in the 8th generation of consoles and we are still having online issues..WTF.

Is it hard for A developer who has been making games for decades to include a proper online system??? and the fact that this particular developer is from the same company that makes the console.

which means he has access to the online infrastructure.

I hope nintendo improves its online sooner rather than later so that we can enjoy a true 8th gen console not a new Wii

to be quite honest Mario Kart has always made the same mistake across all platforms (Online). We are now in the 8th generation of consoles and we are still having online issues..WTF.

Is it hard for A developer who has been making games for decades to include a proper online system??? and the fact that this particular developer is from the same company that makes the console.

which means he has access to the online infrastructure.

I hope nintendo improves its online sooner rather than later so that we can enjoy a true 8th gen console not a new Wii

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: complain, disappontment, mario kart 8, fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!