Photo

What Would You Rate MK8

mk8 mario kart goty rate ily ninty3

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: MK 8 ratings, 1-10 (35 member(s) have cast votes)

1 being lowest, 10 being highest (as usual)

1. 0-0.9 I've sold my soul to Satan/am Satan himself. I cannot feel enjoyment anymore. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 1-1.9 I'm being paid by EA, Sony, and Microsoft. this is my duty, I'm so sorry. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 2-2.9 I'm not even sure why I have a Wii U. It's highly possible I don't even like vidoe games. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 3-3.9 Maybe a two year-old would enjoy it. Someone as sophisticated as myself never could. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 4-4.9 Not very good, with few redeeming features. Definitely not worth the money. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 5-5.9 Meh. Not sure it's worth the money (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 6-6.9 It's okay. Problems in crucial areas though. (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 7-7.9 Good game, worth playing, needs a little improvement in a couple areas (3 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

9. 8-8.9 Great game, loved it, could use an improvement or two. (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

10. 9-9.9 Hot dang. Gimme more please, I thirst for the race. (16 votes [45.71%])

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

11. 10/10 Perfect game. All hail Nintendo, our new overlords. They shall bring peace and prosperity to all the planet. (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

I'd give it an 8, if it didnt have toad's turn pike (most boring n64 track every to be made) then it would be a 9 or 10

wa3Nq7j.png

#22 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Perfect for me! I know people have been disappointed with the Roster and Battle Mode but in my opinion they are both brilliant! I love the new battle mode and the roster has all the characters I need! Clearly 10/10! Also it looks and plays amazing, the whole racing experience is to die for! :) I love Mario Kart 8!

#23 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'd give it an 8, if it didnt have toad's turn pike (most boring n64 track every to be made) then it would be a 9 or 10

Wait, so a single track that you're not forced to play on drops the game by 10% for you?

O_o

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#24 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Wait, so a single track that you're not forced to play on drops the game by 10% for you?

O_o

100% forced to play it, i need it to unlock banana cup and get 3 stars in all the grand prix

wa3Nq7j.png

#25 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

if you have a Wii U only no need to complain.

#26 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

100% forced to play it, i need it to unlock banana cup and get 3 stars in all the grand prix

True i guess.

Still once?

That's literally, what, five minutes of your experience? And it's not like it's a total balls stage that no enjoyability can be found in...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#27 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

True i guess.

Still once?

That's literally, what, five minutes of your experience? And it's not like it's a total balls stage that no enjoyability can be found in...

need to play it at least 4 times, if not more (because of items) plus its unavoidable on multiplayer
and i dont mean its a solid 8, its still a very high 8 like... 8.5 or something plus, i didnt mention anything about the weird drifting with bikes where it has a slight delay to it then you start turning, feels weird to me. Plus a bunch of minor issues that I couldnt be bothered to mention that dont really lower the score
point being i still love the game to pieces, but the weird drifting with bikes and the fake that they did next to nothign to make toad's turn pike interesting and not a bored to go through its disapointing but defently sometihng i can live with

Edited by SPG, 31 May 2014 - 09:41 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

wish I could play online but...... error code saying F you

#29 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

Finished all 50cc and 100cc now playing online and I'm actually winning a couple races, MK7 I had the worst luck of all time. 11/10 in my book

#30 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

I don't know what I'd rank it number-wise, but since I've started playing online, I've gotten the feel of the game, and I'm loving it. It reminds me of the fun times I had with Mario Kart Wii online. (I never played Mario Kart 7 online).

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#31 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

9.6 for me. Probably my favourite Mario kart since 64 and that was 30fps.

Online lobbies with strangers could have free chat before races is my only niggle.

The graphics are just gorgeous especially when in motion plus track textures are ace. I find the game the most balanced MK since I can remember and when you combine the lush visuals, superb track designs and overall fun it's GOTY so far.

#32 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

9.6 for me. Probably my favourite Mario kart since 64 and that was 30fps.

Online lobbies with strangers could have free chat before races is my only niggle.

The graphics are just gorgeous especially when in motion plus track textures are ace. I find the game the most balanced MK since I can remember and when you combine the lush visuals, superb track designs and overall fun it's GOTY so far.

agree mate,

i havent really liked a Mario Kart since SNES or N64. This is great. plays fast and looks crazy.

agree about toads turnpike. a pretty poor level when they had so many to choose from for the retro levels.

Donut plains 3 is such an inspired remake. love it. the amazing water puddles, the bridges, just a great effort.

i do miss some of the shorter, tighter race track like courses from SMK, but i know that in the three lap format they are hard to include as it would only take like 40 seconds to complete the race.

online has been really fun so far. never played any MK online until now. 

i would give this am 8.9 or so.

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

agree mate,

i havent really liked a Mario Kart since SNES or N64. This is great. plays fast and looks crazy.

agree about toads turnpike. a pretty poor level when they had so many to choose from for the retro levels.

Donut plains 3 is such an inspired remake. love it. the amazing water puddles, the bridges, just a great effort.

i do miss some of the shorter, tighter race track like courses from SMK, but i know that in the three lap format they are hard to include as it would only take like 40 seconds to complete the race.

online has been really fun so far. never played any MK online until now. 

i would give this am 8.9 or so.

I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of Turnpike, but my brother says it's probably his favourite stage, and a lot of people pick it online. Choice couldn't have been all that bad.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'd give it between an 8 and a 9 out of 10. There needs to be battle arenas, as local battle mode sucks hard. I'd like to see less or NO coin boxes, there's plenty of coins on the track! I'd like to see further improvements in the future with anti-aliasing and the addition of removing two player split screen. Give us player one on the TV and player 2 on the gamepad. Possibly extend this to 3 and four player mode. I prefer the old style split screen putting player one at the top and player two at the bottom if two player split screen can't be achieved on gamepad and TV (which is dumb since this is one of the cool reasons I support the idea of a gamepad!)

I also want to see Smash Kart DLC pack: Starting off with Kirby, Link, Samus and Captain Falcon all with their associated tracks and karts.

Double Dash Mode DLC: Player one on Pro/Wii Wheel) Player two with gamepad in first person mode firing the shells etc. Online and Two Player (Team) only to save the framerate from dying a hideous death.

#35 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:44 PM

I'd give it between an 8 and a 9. The game itself is great, love the music, tracks, graphics, pretty much everything. But the items need more balancing (Coin item in general, crazy 8s in second place, single shells/mushrooms in low places), and the roster didn't need 5 babies and 2 metal clones. Tournaments are nice, but a lot less convenient than MK7's communities if you just wanna play a quick round.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 01 June 2014 - 09:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk8, mario, kart, goty, rate, ily ninty3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!