DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

I don't think there will ever be one game that REALLY shows the gamepad potential. I look at it in a different way. There are a number of good games out now for the Wii U which use the gamepad in interesting ways or in ways that enhance the gameplay and make it a more unique experience. We saw more of that at e3 as many of the titles have some gamepad features.

Kirby, Splatoon, Captain Toad etc. I think just enough Zelda was shown. No sense doing much more then they did as it is going to be a late 2015 if not 2016 title. I am glad they devoted a few minutes and gave us some footage and an idea of what to expect (ala open world).

COD Ghosts was never mentioned about coming to the Wii U until late summer last year I believe, expect the same this time around with AW.

The ideas in Project Guard/Robot are cool but so far there`s no "real" game that actually made use of them.

I may be wrong, but besides ZombiU, it seems like party/mini games have seen the best use for the gamepad.

Of course, Kirby Rainbow Curse seems to be the best use of the gamepad for a non party/mini game game.

Also, that FPS moment in Captain Toad TT was pretty cool!

I agree that it`s too soon to show Zelda. Still, it`s Zelda... and i wanted more! :D

I know that for some reason CoD games on Nintendo consoles are the last versions to get announced. But i fear that Ghost`s sales were too low (when compared to BO2) for Activision to keep the franchise on Wii U.
I really hope it comes to Wii U because i really want to play AW.

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

The ideas in Project Guard/Robot are cool but so far there`s no "real" game that actually made use of them.

I may be wrong, but besides ZombiU, it seems like party/mini games have seen the best use for the gamepad.

Of course, Kirby Rainbow Curse seems to be the best use of the gamepad for a non party/mini game game.

Also, that FPS moment in Captain Toad TT was pretty cool!

I agree that it`s too soon to show Zelda. Still, it`s Zelda... and i wanted more! :D

I know that for some reason CoD games on Nintendo consoles are the last versions to get announced. But i fear that Ghost`s sales were too low (when compared to BO2) for Activision to keep the franchise on Wii U.
I really hope it comes to Wii U because i really want to play AW.

I suggest looking into Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Nintendo Land, NFSMW U, Lego City, Game and Wario etc.

Project Guard/Robot were more demonstrations of potential ideas/uses for integration in future projects.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Project Guard showed me the glorious Night Trap remaster should be WiiU!

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

Project Guard showed me the glorious Night Trap remaster should be WiiU!

I thought at first I read Mouse Trap. either one would be interesting LMAO

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

I thought at first I read Mouse Trap. either one would be interesting LMAO

Most glorious game ever made!

#26 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

I suggest looking into Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Nintendo Land, NFSMW U, Lego City, Game and Wario etc.

Project Guard/Robot were more demonstrations of potential ideas/uses for integration in future projects.

You are probably right.
I just wished someone tried something more creative.

Project Robot and Guard were actually great ideas on how to use the gamepad.

#27 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

You are probably right.
I just wished someone tried something more creative.

Project Robot and Guard were actually great ideas on how to use the gamepad.

I do agree with you though, it would be interesting to see what more could be done, especially pertaining to sports titles if EA supported the Wii U, or we got some 2K games.

I have the NBA 2K13, Fifa 13 and Madden 13 from Wii U launch.. there is some good gamepad usage there as well. I really like NBA 2K13 as you simply tilt the gamepad up and it shows an outline of the players and their "temps" to see who is hot, cold, fatigued.

http://www.joystiq.c...er-in-nba-2k13/

Edited by Sorceror12, 25 June 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#28 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

I do agree with you though, it would be interesting to see what more could be done, especially pertaining to sports titles if EA supported the Wii U, or we got some 2K games.

I have the NBA 2K13, Fifa 13 and Madden 13 from Wii U launch.. there is some good gamepad usage there as well. I really like NBA 2K13 as you simply tilt the gamepad up and it shows an outline of the players and their "temps" to see who is hot, cold, fatigued.

http://www.joystiq.c...er-in-nba-2k13/

I had no idea how NBA used it. Seems cool.
Unfortunately, EA quickly stopped trying.

#29 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

I actually was very displeased with Square Enix's choice of not showing any progress on FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3, besides an all-text scene at the end of 2.5's E3 trailer.

Seriously, you hype up 2 games that people have wanted for more than 7 years now and you don't bother to show some progress when you initially promise that the games are first on your priority scale? Dick move, guys. Dick move.

#30 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

Most glorious game ever made!

That game actually does look pretty gosh dang.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

I actually was very displeased with Square Enix's choice of not showing any progress on FF15 or Kingdom Hearts 3, besides an all-text scene at the end of 2.5's E3 trailer.

Seriously, you hype up 2 games that people have wanted for more than 7 years now and you don't bother to show some progress when you initially promise that the games are first on your priority scale? Dick move, guys. Dick move.

They most likely did it because those games are in no shape to show. 15 probably saw horrible downgrades when switching to the underpowered ps4 (compared to the pc the demo was being run on) and knowing squeenix, has made no progress at all. And KH is likely also syuck in squeenix dev hell.

Stop following squeenix. It will only dissapointment, again and again, and again. There is no square soft left in squeenix. Its an empty rotting shell.

Follow the people who made the great square soft games you remember. FF series, ff6,7,8 chrono trigger, Xenogears.... Squeenix cant make games like that anymore because the people who made them left squeenix a long time ago. But unlike squeenix, those people who left, are STILL making square soft top quality games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Yeeeeaaahhhh, see, I've learned not to even reply to vapent replies like yours anymore.

Still love them, don't tell me what to do, ya foo'. Just was disappointed that nothing was shown this year.

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

XV just going to be another Hallway combat simulator with a few small arenas to keep it looking pretty. Not the open world RPG that was promised many years back. That comes in the form of XBX. KH series is so freaking awful never get the following it has. Also did you just invent a word?

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Yeeeeaaahhhh, see, I've learned not to even reply to vapent replies like yours anymore.

Except... You just did.

Still love them, don't tell me what to do, ya foo'. Just was disappointed that nothing was shown this year.

That must be nice.

XV just going to be another Hallway combat simulator with a few small arenas to keep it looking pretty. Not the open world RPG that was promised many years back. That comes in the form of XBX. KH series is so freaking awful never get the following it has. Also did you just invent a word?

Pretty sure he was trying to use 'vapid'... Which is the opposite of what he would want to use in this situation.

I blame the state of the public schools and devolution of contemporary game design.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

Yes, "vapid" was the word and I misspelled it. My bad. But it still applies to your post, as it means "offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging."

See, because of the fact that you just flat out insulted one of my favorite developers by telling me to "stop following them" is one of the many not good posts about Square I have seen many times before. It's just shocking that you, a Mod on this site, would say this crap to me. A staff member on a forum being rude to other people's likes by telling them the developer sucks and that I need to move on from them. Why did you even have to say any of that? To instigate a fight? If not, then what good could POSSIBLY come from you criticizing Square in one of the most stupidest comments I've seen?

I blame the state of the public schools and devolution of contemporary game design.

Again, how does A MODERATOR show off as a positive role model to people when they flat out insult members for expressing their opinions? I mean seriously? You made a very rude comment towards people like me liking Square, you don't think I was gonna let that go?

Reporting you and request that you be stripped of your mod powers. This is ridiculous.

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

Yes, "vapid" was the word and I misspelled it. My bad. But it still applies to your post, as it means "offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging."

I dont think think anyone here would think any of my posts could possibly be considered 'non challenging' or 'unforceful' as is the case with vapid. Quite the opposite, and I would ruffle far less feathers, including yours, if my posts in fact, WERE a little more vapid.

See, because of the fact that you just flat out insulted one of my favorite developers by telling me to "stop following them" is one of the many not good posts about Square I have seen many times before. It's just shocking that you, a Mod on this site, would say this crap to me. A staff member on a forum being rude to other people's likes by telling them the developer sucks and that I need to move on from them. Why did you even have to say any of that? To instigate a fight? If not, then what good could POSSIBLY come from you criticizing Square in one of the most stupidest comments I've seen?

Thats because you are blindly following a corporate trademark instead of the HUMAN BEINGS that made your favourite games, that made square soft, yours, mine, and practically EVERYBODIES favourite PRODUCTION HOUSE (might want to know what a developer actually is, and what a publishing house actually is) at one point in time, because of the unrivaled HUMAN TALENT they posessed in their development studios.

I tried to help you out, but you are still faaarrr to indoctrinated to be reasoned with.

So, you keep waiting on a corporate trademark that you THINK is your favourite developer, which is actually a PUBLISHING HOUSE, which no longer contains the developers that made the great games from the square soft days, for the next who knows how many years.Another two? Four? Seven? until they eventually, inevitably release yet another dissapointing product.

While I , actually WILL be playing the games from your favourite developers. Just as I have been for the past half a decade.
[\quote]

Again, how does A MODERATOR show off as a positive role model to people when they flat out insult members for expressing their opinions? I mean seriously? You made a very rude comment towards people like me liking Square, you don't think I was gonna let that go?

Reporting you and request that you be stripped of your mod powers. This is ridiculous.

For starters I dont coddle kids in desperate need of a wake up call. Insult kid? Where is the damn insult? The only thing I did was give you a dose of reality and some damn good advice. Quit whining, just because I dont shower the corporate conglomeration you are pavlovically conditioned to like in flowers and roses, instead, sending that praise to where it belonged, THE HUMAN BEINGS WHO ACTUALLY MADE THE GAMES, does not make an insult.

And yeah, I DO blame the public schools for setting you up for failure. You are going to get eaten alive in the real world as you are now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Now I understand why I stopped coming here.

Thank you, you've made me disinterested in this cesspool. Congratulations on scaring away a member.

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Now I understand why I stopped coming here.

Thank you, you've made me disinterested in this cesspool. Congratulations on scaring away a member.

Congratulations on your willful ignorance depriving yourself of great games, and unwittingly insulting the people who made all the great games you claim you like by replacing them and their years of hard work with a mere trademarked logo.

When you grow up a little, I'll always be willing to show the way to a world thats still square.

I will leave you with one last peice of advice:

Go look at the credits to your favourite square soft games. Look at the NAMES of the PEOPLE who MADE those games.
You will see names like Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Takahashi, and Ubuo Uematsu.
Google these names, and see where they are today, and what games they have made.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Okay, SERIOUSLY? All I said was that I am a fan of Square Enix. THAT IS MY OPINION. How does me liking Square insult people? Seems like you just can't handle people with differing views as your own.

Is this how moderators get their kicks on here? Bullying people by telling them what they can and can't like, and then insult them by saying they must have had a lack of schooling? Is this really how an efficient community runs?

You can like whatever you like, but bare in mind that I can too. I will always stick by Square despite their shortcomings. For you to just act like an softshell lizard to me for no good reason other than because I like the "current" Square is really immature and it shows just how unlikeable you are.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:06 AM

Okay, SERIOUSLY? All I said was that I am a fan of Square Enix. THAT IS MY OPINION. How does me liking Square insult people? Seems like you just can't handle people with differing views as your own.

Is this how moderators get their kicks on here? Bullying people by telling them what they can and can't like, and then insult them by saying they must have had a lack of schooling? Is this really how an efficient community runs?

You can like whatever you like, but bare in mind that I can too. I will always stick by Square despite their shortcomings. For you to just act like an softshell lizard to me for no good reason other than because I like the "current" Square is really immature and it shows just how unlikeable you are.

Of course you can like whatever you like. That doesnt mean that its not foolish, and it most CERTAINLY does not mean I cant discuss your opinion, on a message board.

If you really want to know how your idolizing a company trademark is insulting the people who once made games under that trademark, perhaps you should read the ENTIRETY of my posts, instead of having kneejerk reactions to the first couple words.

Perhaps you should think of the reasons WHY the creator of final fantasy decided to leave square eenix when he did. And WHY the creators of chrono trigger and xenogears left when they did. Why the creator of valkyrie profile and vagrant story left when they did. Why the possibly most famous videogame composer in the world, Mr. Uematsu decided to leave square eenix when he did. And WHY they all left at the same time.

You are idolizing the trademark of a corporation that abused the people who made the games you like for YEARS, from the moment Eenix took over square soft, until they finally left. And when they left so they could continue making the kind of games squeenix would no longer let them make, you ignored them to continue doting on the empty husk of a trademark, instead of recognizing the abused people who made the games under that trademark.

Let me give you a little insight, here is something someone who worked for square eenix said on career contacts:

"There's dissatisfaction with the salaries and the auditing system. Motivation is low because the ways to move ahead in the company are not clear. Because producers are unable to clearly express their visions for games, the titles must be reworked over and over. That's related to games missing their release dates.... One's practical worth isn't really looked at, but rather, personal friendship is how merit is assessed."

And now, ff15, and kh3, despite being years upon years upon years upon years in development, were not shown at e3.

hmmm..... hmmmm.... 2+2 is..... HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Here, however, IS an actual insult against Square Eenix since you so desperately seem to be searching for one, whilst all I provide are facts you dont seem to like:

合併は完全に失敗。未来に対するビジョンが無い。

"The merger was a complete failure. There's no vision for the future." -Hisashi Suzuki, Former President of Square Soft, regaurding the state of the company a few years after the Eenix merger.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!