• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Wanted more Zelda, also wanted Starfox and Metroid but I guess that's for next e3.

Also wanted gameplay of Gears, Uncharted and Halo 5.

Either way it was a good E3, No Mans Sky, MKX and a tidbit of Zelda made my week.

#42 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Of course you can like whatever you like. That doesnt mean that its not foolish, and it most CERTAINLY does not mean I cant discuss your opinion, on a message board.

If you really want to know how your idolizing a company trademark is insulting the people who once made games under that trademark, perhaps you should read the ENTIRETY of my posts, instead of having kneejerk reactions to the first couple words.

Perhaps you should think of the reasons WHY the creator of final fantasy decided to leave square eenix when he did. And WHY the creators of chrono trigger and xenogears left when they did. Why the creator of valkyrie profile and vagrant story left when they did. Why the possibly most famous videogame composer in the world, Mr. Uematsu decided to leave square eenix when he did. And WHY they all left at the same time.

You are idolizing the trademark of a corporation that abused the people who made the games you like for YEARS, from the moment Eenix took over square soft, until they finally left. And when they left so they could continue making the kind of games squeenix would no longer let them make, you ignored them to continue doting on the empty husk of a trademark, instead of recognizing the abused people who made the games under that trademark.

Let me give you a little insight, here is something someone who worked for square eenix said on career contacts:

"There's dissatisfaction with the salaries and the auditing system. Motivation is low because the ways to move ahead in the company are not clear. Because producers are unable to clearly express their visions for games, the titles must be reworked over and over. That's related to games missing their release dates.... One's practical worth isn't really looked at, but rather, personal friendship is how merit is assessed."

And now, ff15, and kh3, despite being years upon years upon years upon years in development, were not shown at e3.

hmmm..... hmmmm.... 2+2 is..... HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Here, however, IS an actual insult against Square Eenix since you so desperately seem to be searching for one, whilst all I provide are facts you dont seem to like:

合併は完全に失敗。未来に対するビジョンが無い。

"The merger was a complete failure. There's no vision for the future." -Hisashi Suzuki, Former President of Square Soft, regaurding the state of the company a few years after the Eenix merger.

Nintendo, Atari and Sega abused the programmers for years too, people were fired for wanting credits for in their games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

Nintendo, Atari and Sega abused the programmers for years too, people were fired for wanting credits for in their games.

This is so very true, Hiroshi Yamauchi was infamous for just this kind of thing. Which is one of many reasons I am such an avid supporter of Iawata,, who is for things like monolithsofts simply AMAZING pro employee workplace environments. Andit makes it all the better that monolithsoft basically is golden age squaresoft, releasing modern products comparable to the best square soft released in its golden age when they were part of it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#44 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Congratulations on your willful ignorance depriving yourself of great games, and unwittingly insulting the people who made all the great games you claim you like by replacing them and their years of hard work with a mere trademarked logo.

When you grow up a little, I'll always be willing to show the way to a world thats still square.

I will leave you with one last peice of advice:

Go look at the credits to your favourite square soft games. Look at the NAMES of the PEOPLE who MADE those games.
You will see names like Hironobu Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Takahashi, and Ubuo Uematsu.
Google these names, and see where they are today, and what games they have made.

Just shut up. He said he wanted to see more about FFXV not that he was a big fan of the old games.

Of course you can like whatever you like. That doesnt mean that its not foolish, and it most CERTAINLY does not mean I cant discuss your opinion, on a message board.

If you really want to know how your idolizing a company trademark is insulting the people who once made games under that trademark, perhaps you should read the ENTIRETY of my posts, instead of having kneejerk reactions to the first couple words.

Oh really? You're the one that flipped out and didn't pay attention to what he actually said. Instead you start writing text walls about the old games developers which were never mentioned. He never said a thing about the old games. He said that he wants to know more about the new ones. It's no wonder he doesn't care for comments from people like you who have to mention how far these old companies have fallen every time someone shows interest in one of their games. "Just forget about these new games you're interested in, instead start studying these old game developers. Also your education sucks and you'll never make it in the real world." Unbelievable.

Edited by Gimbal, 03 July 2014 - 06:39 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#45 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Just shut up. He said he wanted to see more about FFXV not that he was a big fan of the old games.

Oh really? You're the one that flipped out and didn't pay attention to what he actually said. Instead you start writing text walls about the old games developers which were never mentioned. He never said a thing about the old games. He said that he wants to know more about the new ones. It's no wonder he doesn't care for comments from people like you who have to mention how far these old companies have fallen every time someone shows interest in one of their games.

No. He complained that squeenix hasnt shown anything about ffX15 or kh3 at e3 despite them being in development for nearly a decade.

Everything I have posted is DIRECTLY related to that.

He had a negative reaction to reality, was not ready to think outside his bubble, and denied it. I then begin bringing up, example by example, the events that lead to the state of his current dissapointment.

I gave him the actual reason why, nothing was shown, along with advice to avoid inevitable future dissapointment. To pay attention to the people who make the games you like, and not the trademarked logo they temporarily worked under.

The game making end leadership of squaresoft has left the company resulting in a company with no direction, no vision, and a broken product throughput management system, whilst the employees who are left are abused, talent is neglected, good old boy buddy system is used for advancement, leading to the constant delays and no shows of games in developement (directly from the mouths of square eenix employees).

If he TRULY enjoys games from modern squeenix, if he TRULY appreciates the people who make, and currently are working on the games he is looking forward to, you would think he would want them to work in a positive, financially secure healthy work environment, and not a degrading, abusive, unstable environment.

To recap: Loss of key leadership personell and staff that followed+abusive corporate policy==No ff15 or kh3 shown, and a heavy basis for repeated behavior.

It was always about what he said.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#46 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

No. He complained that squeenix hasnt shown anything about ffX15 or kh3 at e3 despite them being in development for nearly a decade.

Everything I have posted is DIRECTLY related to that.

He had a negative reaction to reality, was not ready to think outside his bubble, and denied it. I then begin bringing up, example by example, the events that lead to the state of his current dissapointment.

I gave him the actual reason why, nothing was shown, along with advice to avoid inevitable future dissapointment. To pay attention to the people who make the games you like, and not the trademarked logo they temporarily worked under.

The game making end leadership of squaresoft has left the company resulting in a company with no direction, no vision, and a broken product throughput management system, whilst the employees who are left are abused, talent is neglected, good old boy buddy system is used for advancement, leading to the constant delays and no shows of games in developement (directly from the mouths of square eenix employees).

If he TRULY enjoys games from modern squeenix, if he TRULY appreciates the people who make, and currently are working on the games he is looking forward to, you would think he would want them to work in a positive, financially secure healthy work environment, and not a degrading, abusive, unstable environment.

To recap: Loss of key leadership personell and staff that followed+abusive corporate policy==No ff15 or kh3 shown, and a heavy basis for repeated behavior.

It was always about what he said.

It wasn't about what he said. It was just you pushing your agenda again. I don't care though. I know what you people are like and I'm more globin than that guy. I won't respond to you about this again, and I actually mean it. I think you're a smart guy but you need to calm down.

Edited by Gimbal, 03 July 2014 - 08:05 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#47 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

The whole mod held on a pedestal thing cracks me up. In theory lead by example sure maybe but it's never the reality. They are just people volunteering to press an extra couple buttons every so often. They are human so their personalities for better or worse come through as anyone else. Mods aren't Bots but people expect them to. Also damned if you do anything and damned if you don't. I was admin and mods of some bigger forums well I did 3 for 10 years until I started going batty and quit it all a year ago. I think admins usually have a higher turnover rate. Most give up. Some like one of my friends makes a living off of it and what's helped him is be as chill as can be. Being an admin is a lot of work and being a mod can be as well ESP in the age of bots. NEVER force yourself on a mod as you will always lose. Frustration can lead you to doing that we all have done it or will. Thing is just take a breather and come back.

One must also think of this. You are not in the same room as the other person. You are forcing yourself to read every reply you dislike which is kinda funny. Nothing on a forum is worth getting overly emotionally involved in and one of the reasons I just don't anymore. They are for slagging off. Sure voice your opinions strong or soft what they are for. If in the end you don't like how it's run or the people don't say anything just quit and walk away go somewhere else. I been on forums since 1996 and sadly only the last 2 years did I get that into my numbskull.

Last ever have an issue with a mod always can PM them or talk to admin but be polite but firm. Yelling and talking at them won't go anywhere.

#48 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

It wasn't about what he said. It was just you pushing your agenda again. I don't care though. I know what you people are like and I'm more globin than that guy. I won't respond to you about this again, and I actually mean it. I think you're a smart guy but you need to calm down.

1. Agenda: a list of items to be discussed at a formal
meeting.

Oh noes not THAT!

2. Do you think you can possibly explain perhaps HOW, the reason square eenix employees state for why they are always missing deadlines and having no shows, has nothing to do with someone lamenting about square eenix having no shows at e3?

I dont think you sufficiently or reasonably can.

I think thats just your emotionally charged idle opinion responding to surface tone instead of subject matter. Its a pretty common, and sadly, very debilitating trait among the over privileged children of today, who havent had enough adversity in their lives to understand how to handle any manner of adversity or confrontation, neither the healthy discussion type, and most certainly not the malicious kind. Woefully unprepared.

Not treating everybody with rainbows and cotton candy, and kissy lips, is not the same thing as 'pushing an agenda'. I dont have a hidden agenda. I am fiercley, and openly, pro employee and pro consumer. That is not 'an agenda'. You'd best get used to it, what I do and expect of people, here, is NOTHING compared to what I expect from the people who work under me. And Im a saint compared to a lot of my peers.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#49 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

The whole mod held on a pedestal thing cracks me up. In theory lead by example sure maybe but it's never the reality. They are just people volunteering to press an extra couple buttons every so often. They are human so their personalities for better or worse come through as anyone else. Mods aren't Bots but people expect them to. Also damned if you do anything and damned if you don't. I was admin and mods of some bigger forums well I did 3 for 10 years until I started going batty and quit it all a year ago. I think admins usually have a higher turnover rate. Most give up. Some like one of my friends makes a living off of it and what's helped him is be as chill as can be. Being an admin is a lot of work and being a mod can be as well ESP in the age of bots. NEVER force yourself on a mod as you will always lose. Frustration can lead you to doing that we all have done it or will. Thing is just take a breather and come back.

One must also think of this. You are not in the same room as the other person. You are forcing yourself to read every reply you dislike which is kinda funny. Nothing on a forum is worth getting overly emotionally involved in and one of the reasons I just don't anymore. They are for slagging off. Sure voice your opinions strong or soft what they are for. If in the end you don't like how it's run or the people don't say anything just quit and walk away go somewhere else. I been on forums since 1996 and sadly only the last 2 years did I get that into my numbskull.

Last ever have an issue with a mod always can PM them or talk to admin but be polite but firm. Yelling and talking at them won't go anywhere.

I don't care if he's a mod. He's never deleted one of my posts(probably) or given me an infraction(probably) so meh. I almost forget he's a mod most days. 

That's what they're for and that's what I've been doing. I'm probably the fourth most chill guy on this forum. I've been on forums since 2008. I got it into my head in 2010 or thereabouts. I've still had a few episodes here and there afterwards if I'm honest though. 

Like I said to 3Dude. I know what "you people" are like. I wasn't talking about mods. That's another thing I got into my head. People don't listen or change their minds. If I say something to someone that's all I should do(to be honest again, it's not always all I do). There's no point of trying to convince them of what I said. PM's aren't any different. I suppose all your advice might be good for Aegis but 3Dude scared him off with his agenda so lawl. Honestly? This is/was my favorite forum because people are usually just slagging off instead of tripping out over karp. I got upset a few times because people weren't slagging off as much as I expect from this place but then I got over it.

#50 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

I don't care if he's a mod. He's never deleted one of my posts(probably) or given me an infraction(probably) so meh. I almost forget he's a mod most days. 

That's what they're for and that's what I've been doing. I'm probably the fourth most chill guy on this forum. I've been on forums since 2008. I got it into my head in 2010 or thereabouts. I've still had a few episodes here and there afterwards if I'm honest though. 

Like I said to 3Dude. I know what "you people" are like. I wasn't talking about mods. That's another thing I got into my head. People don't listen or change their minds. If I say something to someone that's all I should do(to be honest again, it's not always all I do). There's no point of trying to convince them of what I said. PM's aren't any different. I suppose all your advice might be good for Aegis but 3Dude scared him off with his agenda so lawl. Honestly? This is/was my favorite forum because people are usually just slagging off instead of tripping out over karp. I got upset a few times because people weren't slagging off as much as I expect from this place but then I got over it.

lol, I remember at least 3 times he's closed threads because of his arguments, and a few thousand deleted posts.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#51 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

I like turtles

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

lol, I remember at least 3 times he's closed threads because of his arguments, and a few thousand deleted posts.

God I remember him.

Always with the him, everytime, spamming the same nonsense he already posted and failed with the past 2-4 pages of the thread, over and over and over and over.

Thank Kaz he got both his accounts banned.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#53 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:40 AM

Same thing We do every year Pinky.

tumblr_mhlopyJWZE1qdqlkxo2_500.gif

Ask where the Hell the Last Guardian was.

Be funny if it turned out an fps that sucked.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!