Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

If you’re attending San Diego Comic Con then you may get the chance to download a demo for Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo is asking fans to take a photo of their whereabouts at San Diego Comic Con, compose a tweet with the photo and the hashtag #BringMeSmash, and Nintendo may decide to send you a code for a demo of the highly anticipated game in your Twitter inbox.

http://mynintendonew...smash-bros-3ds/

WOW NINTENDO. Would it hurt, I dunno to put it on the eshop? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

LOL Nintendo every time you do something right you always have to screw it up.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

I completely misunderstood what this was. I thought they would go to you and gove you some time with it or something like that, not give you a download code for it. That's a load of crap.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Next we will get a VHS tape in the mail and show us the awesome new NIntendo 64 games! Way to stay ahead of the curve you guys!

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

I don't see the problem with this, I think its quite neat actually.

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Next we will get a VHS tape in the mail and show us the awesome new NIntendo 64 games! Way to stay ahead of the curve you guys!

Bro those were awesome and you know it.

I don't see the problem with this, I think its quite neat actually.

The stupid thing is that this is for only a select few AT an event that only a select few can go to, when it should be available to everyone.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Lol true I still have my VHS.

#8 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

The stupid thing is that this is for only a select few AT an event that only a select few can go to, when it should be available to everyone.

I understand that, I mean maybe it would be better if it was a code that could be picked up at the Nintendo area. But even then it would be a limited amount that would be first come first serve, random give away would be better.

As for everybody on the eShop.. closer to release.

Stupid Snowmads!

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

BtLwKc4IAAAIaLT.jpg

There's a reason it's called "Bring me Smash" and that you have to take a pic of where you are. MyNintendoNews is the only place that's said anything about a download. This is just gonna be a Nintendo rep that'll bring you a 3DS with the demo on it. It's for people who don't want to/can't trek to the Nintendo booth or wait in line. Not to mention if it was a download, I'm pretty sure the official pic would say "requires your own 3DS for the download code".

EDIT: Looks like I was right

anfpm.png

Edited by Cranky Kong, 22 July 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

A limited demo should never be considered a prize. Anyone remember why Crackdown even sold? I was there it was because it included a demo of Halo 3. So really MS didn't sell a lot oc copies of Crackdown they sold a demo of Halo 3 and got a free game. So if Nintendo does not want to do a downloadable demo then include it with a game like maybe Hyrule Warriors. Also if you think demo's on discs are dead then I point you towards Metal Gear Rising Demo on Zone of The Enders HD disc. Nintendo doesn't get you can have people spend money for a demo and it's good marketing and you get sales boost for a game in the process.

#11 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

A limited demo should never be considered a prize. Anyone remember why Crackdown even sold? I was there it was because it included a demo of Halo 3. So really MS didn't sell a lot oc copies of Crackdown they sold a demo of Halo 3 and got a free game. So if Nintendo does not want to do a downloadable demo then include it with a game like maybe Hyrule Warriors. Also if you think demo's on discs are dead then I point you towards Metal Gear Rising Demo on Zone of The Enders HD disc. Nintendo doesn't get you can have people spend money for a demo and it's good marketing and you get sales boost for a game in the process.

I agree. I only bought dragons dogma because of the resident evil six demo, later realised that even after buying dragons dogma I only got the ps3 demo like a month after but I ended up loving dd so much more than resi 6 so I didn't care in the end

Hopefully we'll see ninty do something like that in the future as it can definitely help with sales and get people interested in games they might not have looked into otherwise.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#12 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Nintendo is so ridiculous with their demos. Like didn't they also limit the Tomodachi Life demos to a select group of Club Nintendo members? Why in the world would they do that? I understand with SSB that it is a very well-known series and plenty of people (myself included) don't even need a demo to know that they're going to purchase it, but then they go and do this nonsense with a series like Tomodachi Life, where they are just introducing this series to the West... But nope, only a select few get a demo, everybody else has to blindly buy it.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

Nintendo is so ridiculous with their demos. Like didn't they also limit the Tomodachi Life demos to a select group of Club Nintendo members? Why in the world would they do that? I understand with SSB that it is a very well-known series and plenty of people (myself included) don't even need a demo to know that they're going to purchase it, but then they go and do this nonsense with a series like Tomodachi Life, where they are just introducing this series to the West... But nope, only a select few get a demo, everybody else has to blindly buy it.

Tomadachi life demo has been on the eshop for months dude.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Speaking of demos, the same old 14 demos have been on the eshop (Wii U) for too long. One thing Nintendo needs to start improving is releasing more demos.

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Tomadachi life demo has been on the eshop for months dude.

A few weeks before the game came out, a few Platinum CN members got the demo. The demo wasn't released to the public until earlier this month.

#16 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

A few weeks before the game came out, a few Platinum CN members got the demo. The demo wasn't released to the public until earlier this month.

Oh, I see.

Sorry, I don't have wireless internet so I was just going by what I saw news sites say, and what you mentioned above about the Platinum CN members getting the demo is all I knew. I never heard about a public release.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#17 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

I understand that, I mean maybe it would be better if it was a code that could be picked up at the Nintendo area. But even then it would be a limited amount that would be first come first serve, random give away would be better.

As for everybody on the eShop.. closer to release.

You don't understand.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

I got the download code, game is rubbish anyways.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

I dont understand why they dont just give out the demo for everyone, by putting it on the eshop.

But thats nintendo for you. Always late and off by some feet.

They really need to get better, there falling behind.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Funny how people think Nintendo doesn't know what it is doing regarding this controlled release of the 3ds smash demo.

Surely they have their reasons for it's limited release whether it be from a marketing standpoint and/or development.

The game is going to sell gangbusters with or without it anyways.

People cry and moan about a game demo and yet they are some of the same ones buying EA and Ubi full releases that are full of unpolished poop.

Edited by Sorceror12, 01 August 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!