they said I was crazy... PS4 and next box at E3 2012

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

Months ago I posted a thread about E3 2012. I said what if sony or microspft shows their next console to try and make Wii U look bad. Well low and behold...

http://mynintendonew...-wii-u-thunder/

Everyone said I was crazy and there was no way this would happen. Yes its only a rumor with (so called credible) unknown sources... But it could happen and I think it will happen.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hmm... I don't think we are going to see both next gen consoles. It would cause too much confusion amongst gamers.

I'm going to take a guess and say that, if we were going to see any of the two, it would be Microsoft's next console. Sony still has a lot they can work with on the PS3, and would have a better focus on the Vita. Nintendo, of course, would be having a big focus on the 3DS and Wii U (and possibly the Wii), Microsoft couldn't possibly get away with another Kinect conference, hence why I'd think it could be them to show a new console.

And Sega will be unvei - *is shot*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 TheRedBomber

TheRedBomber

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Capcom, Marvel, DC, and Disney

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

O.o

Sony and Microsoft, why are you two tring to be jerks? WHY!? :(

3DS Buzz Spammer Cop - 3ds Buzz Rep - 3ds Buzz Journalist

Posted Image

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

Something about them telling it's 100% real info makes me think the contrary...

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

The comments on that make me want to punch them all in the face. Specially the one that says the Wii U is not an 8th gen console and that its just Nintendo "catching up" to the 7th gen. That is not true. Uneducated people talking crap. Ugh.
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

THE DANCING MUDKIP HAS SPOKEN!

Also, I think this is nothing more than a pressure ploy, just to get information out of the Wii U.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 06 January 2012 - 04:49 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

It could happen, this is competition after all. And who knows this may mean the consoles' power will be similar. But until Sony and Microsoft make a real announcement I will wait and see.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

I call bogus on this, at least on Sony's part. They're already losing a ton of money from Vita sales (Or no Vita sales, if you've been reading IGN) why would they want to commit further suicide by releasing yet another console that they're just going to lose a ton of money on? Heck, they've lost almost 6 billion dollars on the PS3 alone, and they're planning on taking losses with the Vita for the next 3 years...that's why I call it bogus.

As for Microsoft...I dunno, honestly. I haven't been reading up on their financial situation...probably cause I don't own a 360...and I don't really care for my original Xbox all that much.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

I think you guys fail to understand how little they need to do to slow down Wii U momentum. Sony (knowing their love of power) could show off a trailer real of what PS4 titles will look like. They know their customers very well (graphics whores) and they will sell them immediately on PS4. Microsoft I do expect somewhat of a full reveal. That's all they need and a lot of Wii U (especially if graphically they're quite superior) then a lot of Wii Usupporters will drop.

#10 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

I can see Microsoft announces a new console because there's been rumors and the 360 came out in 2005 but Sony probably not because the PS3 still has things that can be done on it and Sony needs to focus on the Vita.

And look lots of fanboys saying "HAHA SONY AND MICROSOFT WILL DESTORY NINTENDO!!!!!!"

I hate Fanboys.

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm not too worried personally. Part of me wonders if there's much Sony or Microsoft could do to push their graphics too far beyond what we saw in the Zelda tech demo, and that other secret more powerful demo that I've been hearing about. This could even mean good news for Nintendo, the closer the Xbox 720 and PS4 are to the Wii U, the better chance they'll have of becoming a serious competitor again. I'd rather have the other consoles release a year later than Wii U and be slightly more powerful than have them two or three years later and end up with the Wii U becoming the new Dreamcast.

Posted Image

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

The comments on that make me want to punch them all in the face. Specially the one that says the Wii U is not an 8th gen console and that its just Nintendo "catching up" to the 7th gen. That is not true. Uneducated people talking crap. Ugh.

you know shokio, the dude that recently joined this forum, he just released a video proving wii u IS a next gen console :D its an awesome vid and he has like 10000 subs so a lot of people will see it. if someone doesnt believe it, link them to the vid ;)

oh and about the E3 2012, im not 100% convinced but i am pretty much 95% convinced that all three next gen consoles will show at E3 2012, but if one of them doesnt then it will be ps4 that doesnt. im really hoping microsoft goes all out with the kinect next generation :D
Posted Image

#13 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Xbox 720 will be revealed at E3. Bank on it. Sony just started doing research and developing PS4 titles (allegedly) meaning no PS4 until at least 2014. Holiday 2013 will see Xbox 720. I don't think Microsoft and Sony fear the wii u getting a headstart. They see it as the next dreamcast.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Xbox 720 will be revealed at E3. Bank on it. Sony just started doing research and developing PS4 titles (allegedly) meaning no PS4 until at least 2014. Holiday 2013 will see Xbox 720. I don't think Microsoft and Sony fear the wii u getting a headstart. They see it as the next dreamcast.

They also saw the Wii as an underpowered junk machine...didn't stop them from copying it...and it didn't stop the Wii from owning both Microsoft and Sony. And honestly, if Sony/Microsoft hates on a system, you know that they're quaking in their boots...and showing their new consoles at E3 2012 would only prove that point.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

POPULAR

I already weighed in on my thoughts on potential PS4 and 720 reveals anytime soon in the later parts of a post I just made in the recent Mii thread: http://thewiiu.com/t...dpost__p__52024

As I pretty much summed up, the next generation is Nintendo's to lose. The industry's been horribly battered by the PS3 and 360's devastating development costs and the utter lack of a mass market audience to make the average PS3/360 game profitable, while most third parties visibly tried to abandon the Wii starting a couple of years ago, killing the one console that was acting as a cushion for their routine PS3 and 360 flops until then.

Conversely, Nintendo's already stated that Wii U development will be possible for lower cost than the PS3 and 360, keeping the smaller devs and reasonable budgets from being shut out - it's very possible we'll see games that can make good money on less than a million copies sold, where the PS3 and 360 budgetary requirements didn't allow for that.

The Xbox line's been around for a bit over a decade now, with no actual net long-term profit to show for it, only billions in losses across both the Xbox and Xbox 360. Microsoft's entire venture into gaming hardware has been financially catastrophic for them. Similarly, the PS3 is the biggest financial catastrophe the video game industry has ever seen - not even the Dreamcast lost the king of money that thing has. It ate the PSX and PS2 profits, and the PSP has in no way acted as a cushion for the net losses the PS3 has represented for Sony, where even many of their attempts at major first party blockbusters crawl their way to a million copies sold at best and don't come close to making money.

People have a bad habit of pretending both Sony and Microsoft have infinite money cushions in their other divisions that they can use to weather neverending losses, and try to shrug off the reality of each company's positions within this industry. The Vita's off to a terrible start, Sony visibly not having learned any lessons from the PSP or PS3's problems, and neither Move nor Kinect ended up drawing a notable mass market audience. Move was pretty much dead on arrival and never had real public or Sony customer interest, and the novelty of Kinect burned out quickly. Neither were the 'threats' to Nintendo they were thought to be. Third parties bet heavily on Sony and Microsoft over Nintendo all throughout this generation and were burned horribly for it, and still haven't adapted to that either and continue to push unprofitable development. You'll casually hear people insisting that the PS3 and 360 either 'beat' the Wii combined, or that there was 'no winner' this generation, and that all three companies are 'fine.' In reality, Sony is a financial wreck, their loss strategies in gaming having devastated them post-PS2, and the rest of the company is in rocky enough shape that they're going to need to make some drastic internal changes sooner or later in order to remain viable. No company can continue to go on for the long term with their current financial trajectory in gaming - along with their other troubled divisions - nor the billions in debt they have sitting on top of them. As for Microsoft, they just axed the Zune last year over its general failure to be a profitable venture. With only billions in losses over a decade to show for the Xbox line, and repeated failures to broach Japan or the mass market, it's hard to bet on the shareholders keeping the Xbox line alive for too much longer.

And as things stand, Nintendo's in a much better position to begin a new generation - in no way in the kind of rotten financial shape their competitors or mos third parties are these days - where Sony and Microsoft are caught between a rock and a hard place. Making smaller jumps forward to match the Wii U won't differentiate them or give them much of an advantage - and they'll still have the disadvantage of launching later - on top of enraging their respective audiences, which are vocally demanding huge leaps forward again with new 'premium'/'luxury' consoles like the PS3 and 360, essentially demanding a generation of even bigger financial catastrophe. Taking the PS3 and 360 route again with their new platforms will only drive development costs - when PS3 and 360 costs on average were far too high, especially without a mass market audience for either console, their respective audiences instead buying a very narrow selection of particular western franchises and ignoring virtually everything else, hurting the Japan side of the industry especially - further skyward and basically create an environment where virtually nobody could make money. We'd see even more third parties dying or desperately merging together after massive financial blows than we did this generation, and costs of that level would ultimately represent a very nasty exit from the industry for both Sony or Microsoft - and their exit in general seems to loom nearer on the horizon than most want to realize, preferring to pretend that the industry's current Sony and Microsoft centric financial crisis is nonexistent, as many gamers do, out of sheer brand preference and loyalty, forgetting that they're talking about businesses here, and that survival is inevitably paramount unless they want to see a whole new industry crash.

Taking all that into account, it's hard to imagine Sony or Microsoft gaining any new ground this next generation, given that neither company is shaking up their leadership or general design philosophy - and stand to lose what they have if they don't adhere to their very conservative design focus, even though what they have isn't sustaining either company in gaming, nor their third parties - and rushing (As they are visibly reacting earlier than planned) to try to put out successors to compete with Nintendo (As they're visibly worried about what the Wii U represents now) won't likely yield competitive or postive long-term results either. In many ways, this forthcoming console generation is Nintendo's to lose - a matter of keeping game and hardware prices low, marketing aggressively and effectively, bringing out bigger guns earlier for the mass market, ideally bringing in a lot of social media elements to expand into online socializing for friends and family with their gaming to go with the usual local, and making sure they don't botch the new control setup and lose the huge Wii audience by slumping back into a focus on tired old traditional controls on the new tablet after they gained such a huge audience with what the Wii remote and nunchuk represented in game design and overall hardware accessiblity.

We're not seeing a real change in thinking - or understanding of how to cater to the mass market at all - at either Sony or Microsoft, and their fortunes have hardly been financially rosy in the industry. Likewise, third parties have pushed themselves into a corner where they pretty much need both lower development costs and a larger, much more diverse audience with the mass market than the PS3 or 360 can even deliver together with multiplatform releases. We're already seeing the 3DS effectively disrupting the Vita - which has little support to speak of and fell on its face right out the door so far - and even picking up PSP-style support from third parties with brands and games no one expected to see Nintendo to finally start getting. We're already seeing a lot of expected Sony and Microsoft support headed to the Wii U this year now, thanks to the big software reel we saw with the system's unveil at E3 last year. At this point, if Sony or Microsoft attempt to unveil new consoles for release anytime soon, whether they try to do something close to the Wii U or try to launch 'premium' or 'luxury' consoles again, however much online hyperbole you'll inevitably here from Sony and Microsoft brand fanatics, neither would be launching into a good position - especially if they really are rushing to try to fight with Nintendo more directly. Neither company is moving forward from a remotely financially healthy position in the first place now, and the era of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo is more likely than not already at its twilight. Sooner than later, we're likely to see a new generation beginning with Nintendo's own systems evolving in newer and even more forward-thinking dierctions after the 3DS and Wii U, with new rivals that are not Sony or MIcrosoft, with those two likely inevitably turning back into third parties - as both once were - and enjoying financial success in gaming again as software-producers. A healthier place for both companies and a better deal for gamers, in many respects.

#16 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

I will have to think that Sony would be the most likely to be showing off a new counsel because they are loosing a ton of money with the Vita's sales and if they dont quickly get the PS4 they may just end up out of the competition. Microsoft? Maybe because they cant just keep showing us the same things over and over again! However this is Microsoft and they may just end up showing a Kinect 2. Also if Sony does what I think it will they will push the PS4 release even closer to prevent them from going out of business so I think that we may see a PS4 early next year! Microsoft to me is just a mystery...

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#17 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

i could see a full reveal of the next mircrosoft console(without full specs reveal) and maybe Sony making an announcement of the ps4.

im pretty confident sony would like to push ps3 onre more year and give some attention to the vita since it would still be a fairly new system at e3 2012.

#18 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm not too worried personally. Part of me wonders if there's much Sony or Microsoft could do to push their graphics too far beyond what we saw in the Zelda tech demo, and that other secret more powerful demo that I've been hearing about. This could even mean good news for Nintendo, the closer the Xbox 720 and PS4 are to the Wii U, the better chance they'll have of becoming a serious competitor again. I'd rather have the other consoles release a year later than Wii U and be slightly more powerful than have them two or three years later and end up with the Wii U becoming the new Dreamcast.

Well the way that I see it: Nintendo is already a major threat to Sony and Microsoft and I also think that the WiiU will either be a major success or a horrible loss. Also I do think that in the next gen the WiiU will be the most powerful.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#19 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hmm... I don't think we are going to see both next gen consoles. It would cause too much confusion amongst gamers.

I'm going to take a guess and say that, if we were going to see any of the two, it would be Microsoft's next console. Sony still has a lot they can work with on the PS3, and would have a better focus on the Vita. Nintendo, of course, would be having a big focus on the 3DS and Wii U (and possibly the Wii), Microsoft couldn't possibly get away with another Kinect conference, hence why I'd think it could be them to show a new console.

And Sega will be unvei - *is shot*

lol exactly what you wrote on 3dsforums.com :D
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#20 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Look at this link

http://www.inenterta...ox-720-release/

"We were told that the Wii U would be more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but it will be hard to believe that it will be able to compete with the PS4 and the next Xbox in terms of performance."

It's impossible to convice people that this gen does not mean every gen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!