Photo

Comics Thread: Ultimate Detective Guardians of the Multiversity, Now with ACTION

Marvel DC New 52 Marvel NOW! Comics Events Multiverses

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

Multiversity #1 is SOOOO Good if you know the DC Multiverse. Like, no joke, it's fricking amazing.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

Multiversity #1 is SOOOO Good if you know the DC Multiverse. Like, no joke, it's fricking amazing.

Gonna have to wait forever for it to come to my library :( which is a shame, It would be nice to actually enjoy something DC has put out since New 52 started up :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

Gonna have to wait forever for it to come to my library :( which is a shame, It would be nice to actually enjoy something DC has put out since New 52 started up :/

Court of Owls is Fantastic, same with Batman Beyond from what I've heard. Harley Quinn is good, same with WW. So...That's 4 titles off of my head. TRY THEM :P

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

Court of Owls is Fantastic, same with Batman Beyond from what I've heard. Harley Quinn is good, same with WW. So...That's 4 titles off of my head. TRY THEM :P

I have actually read court of owls and I'll agree that was pretty good. Also read the first or second ww trades and currently have the third floating around my house somewhere.

also the fact you can only think of four since the reboot is exactly what makes me so disappointed in DC :/

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

I have actually read court of owls and I'll agree that was pretty good. Also read the first or second ww trades and currently have the third floating around my house somewhere.

also the fact you can only think of four since the reboot is exactly what makes me so disappointed in DC :/

Off of my head. I haven't read most of the New 52 :P

On this note, what does everyone think about the rumors that Time Runs Out will Reboot the Marvel Universe?

Edited by Doctor Strange, 02 September 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#26 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Off of my head. I haven't read most of the New 52 :P

On this note, what does everyone think about the rumors that Time Runs Out will Reboot the Marvel Universe?

Its completely meh. Some of the new stuff is good but it's mostly been bad. Any comic that isn't part of the superman, batman or green lantern families is now cancelled in no time because the editors aren't letting the writers do crap. Then they also went and changed so many great characters to the point where they're practically unrecognizable. Different personality, different costumes (which aren't too bad i'll admit) and sometimes (in the case of Wally West) new races! Just for the lolz! Because why create new lack heroes to create a better balance when you could just turn a white hero black?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#27 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Its completely meh. Some of the new stuff is good but it's mostly been bad. Any comic that isn't part of the superman, batman or green lantern families is now cancelled in no time because the editors aren't letting the writers do crap. Then they also went and changed so many great characters to the point where they're practically unrecognizable. Different personality, different costumes (which aren't too bad i'll admit) and sometimes (in the case of Wally West) new races! Just for the lolz! Because why create new lack heroes to create a better balance when you could just turn a white hero black?

Wait, Wally is now Black? WHAT THE HECKSICLES DC. I'd be fine if it was akin to USM, but that's absurd.

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

Wait, Wally is now Black? WHAT THE HECKSICLES DC. I'd be fine if it was akin to USM, but that's absurd.

You are definitely one hundred percent aloe in that opinon

http://observationde...ward-1572796181

http://www.nerdist.c...t-we-asked-for/

http://www.bleedingc...just-offensive/

/s in case you couldn't tell

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

I also mostly get my comics from the library, so it can be difficult to follow stories.

I recently jumped into Fables. I haven't played The Wolf Among Us, but I think I should soon.

I've really been wanting to read the end of Superior Spider-Man and the new Amazing Spider-Man.

Right now I'm reading Kingdom Come, enjoying it so far. I really like Alex Ross' art, I also loved his work on Marvels with Kurt Busiek.

e674231265.jpg

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

I also mostly get my comics from the library, so it can be difficult to follow stories.

I recently jumped into Fables. I haven't played The Wolf Among Us, but I think I should soon.

I've really been wanting to read the end of Superior Spider-Man and the new Amazing Spider-Man.

Right now I'm reading Kingdom Come, enjoying it so far. I really like Alex Ross' art, I also loved his work on Marvels with Kurt Busiek.

Just got the end of superior spiderman about a week ago. Was a pretty good run overall, and I think the end did the series justice.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

KingdomCome is Absolutely Fantastic in my mind. Perhaps one of my favourite Self Contained DC stories.(Others are probably Batman: the Killing Joke and Superman: Red Son)

#32 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Just got the end of superior spiderman about a week ago. Was a pretty good run overall, and I think the end did the series justice.

I've really liked what I've read of it. I do hope I can finish it soon.

KingdomCome is Absolutely Fantastic in my mind. Perhaps one of my favourite Self Contained DC stories.(Others are probably Batman: the Killing Joke and Superman: Red Son)

Yeah, I'm loving it so far. I've heard great things about it and it's definitely living up to that hype.

e674231265.jpg

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

Now that you mention it, I think this is one of the places DC has been hurt most. Because all the editors are so anal about the universe all being together and not having to retcon blah blah there are barely any more self contained comics. I mean some of the greatest DC runs are self contained, those you mentioned, Franks Miller's works were mentioned, there was the Hush series. Thins like that don't happen anymore because frink that, everything has to have continuity.. Yes, it was hard to follow the "true" storyline before, but even if a story turns out to "not really have happened" it was still good. It doesn't change the greatness for the story that was told.

It's also incredibly frustrating in their trades. You pick up their trades now and you start a storyline, and right as it's about to climax, a little more than halfway through the book and then it just goes into some other storyline without wrapping up the previous one, because they decided to wrap it up in another series and not put it in the trade. Yeah, thanks.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

Now that you mention it, I think this is one of the places DC has been hurt most. Because all the editors are so anal about the universe all being together and not having to retcon blah blah there are barely any more self contained comics. I mean some of the greatest DC runs are self contained, those you mentioned, Franks Miller's works were mentioned, there was the Hush series. Thins like that don't happen anymore because frink that, everything has to have continuity.. Yes, it was hard to follow the "true" storyline before, but even if a story turns out to "not really have happened" it was still good. It doesn't change the greatness for the story that was told.

It's also incredibly frustrating in their trades. You pick up their trades now and you start a storyline, and right as it's about to climax, a little more than halfway through the book and then it just goes into some other storyline without wrapping up the previous one, because they decided to wrap it up in another series and not put it in the trade. Yeah, thanks.

That's why I personally like Scott Snyders Court of Owls Tradeback. It's the first half of a crossover event, but it doesn't feel incomplete. Sure, I'd like to know about what happened with Dick Grayson, but I don't NEED to know it to appreciate the story.

#35 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

That's why I personally like Scott Snyders Court of Owls Tradeback. It's the first half of a crossover event, but it doesn't feel incomplete. Sure, I'd like to know about what happened with Dick Grayson, but I don't NEED to know it to appreciate the story.

That's also why the Wonder Woman book was such a hit. Brian Azarello somehow managed to convince his editor o let him do his own thing and forget about everything else going on in DC and it turned out great. It's one of their view comics that all fans actually enjoyed.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#36 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

I bought myself a Marvel Unlimited Subcription and have been reading all the comics I've been missing, such as most of Ultimate Spiderman.

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

I bought myself a Marvel Unlimited Subcription and have been reading all the comics I've been missing, such as most of Ultimate Spiderman.

1. ;_; So jealous...

2. What do you think of Ultimate Spidey?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#38 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

1. ;_; So jealous...

2. What do you think of Ultimate Spidey?

I'm enjoying it. Personally Bendis' Best Work he's done with Marvel(Hasn't read Powers)

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'm enjoying it. Personally Bendis' Best Work he's done with Marvel(Hasn't read Powers)

Told you it was good :P

So where in the series did you start reading?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Told you it was good :P

So where in the series did you start reading?

I started with OG PP in the Ultimateverse. Feel the need to read everything tying into USM, though that's a bit of a task.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, DC, New 52, Marvel NOW!, Comics, Events, Multiverses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!