Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Oh Nintendo why? It appears at the moment you are engaging in a crappy DLC practice where I can't get all costumes because you get different costumes depending where you order.

Anyway, that's how it appears to me at the moment. Did they mention if all the costumes would be able to be purchased/download later? Maybe I'm just misinformed or missing something.

If they haven't mentioned anything about that do you think that will likely happen? I think this is the first time N has done something like this themselves so I am not sure what to expect.

#2 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

First this isn't Nintendo but The other guys fault. Besides that the customes will be on the eshop, multiple sites have reported on this and it's only logical as EU/AUS don't get the pre order bonus at all.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Yeah they already said you could download them all later post launch.

#4 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:09 PM

Oh Nintendo why? It appears at the moment you are engaging in a crappy DLC practice where I can't get all costumes because you get different costumes depending where you order.

Anyway, that's how it appears to me at the moment. Did they mention if all the costumes would be able to be purchased/download later? Maybe I'm just misinformed or missing something.

If they haven't mentioned anything about that do you think that will likely happen? I think this is the first time N has done something like this themselves so I am not sure what to expect.

Yeah Tecmo has a much longer history of using costumes for money than nintendo. This is most likely their doing.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#5 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

Ok, fair enough. That's why in my original post I made it clear I might have been misinformed. This is good news. Thanks folks.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

It's just as much Nintendo's fault as Tecmo Koei. Nintendo is the publisher of the game. That said this isn't the first time a publisher or developer has made such agreements with retailers and it certainly won't be the last.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

It's just as much Nintendo's fault as Tecmo Koei. Nintendo is the publisher of the game. That said this isn't the first time a publisher or developer has made such agreements with retailers and it certainly won't be the last.

Tecmo is a publisher as well. Nintendo has already said they don't like doing things like this. Tecmo on the other hand has already done this several times. It's most like tecmo's idea.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Well since i work at best buy, I'll be getting theres. plus the ganondorf one through club nintendo.

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:05 PM

Tecmo is a publisher as well. Nintendo has already said they don't like doing things like this. Tecmo on the other hand has already done this several times. It's most like tecmo's idea.

Tecmo Koei isn't the publisher they are the developer. This is a second party game. I very much doubt it was just Tecmo Koei's idea or only their decision. Nintendo has just as much say in the retail deals as they do if not more. Not to mention I'm sure Nintendo has done the same before. In any case my point is it happens all the time and is nothing new. People make it sound like it is and that Tecmo Koei are the only ones who do it.

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Tecmo Koei isn't the publisher they are the developer. This is a second party game. I very much doubt it was just Tecmo Koei's idea or only their decision. Nintendo has just as much say in the retail deals as they do if not more. Not to mention I'm sure Nintendo has done the same before. In any case my point is it happens all the time and is nothing new. People make it sound like it is and that Tecmo Koei are the only ones who do it.

Tecmo Koei published the game in Japan, so the costumes were probably their idea. But then again, the costumes would require Nintendo's approval because of the Zelda license. Chances are Tecmo wanted alt costumes and Nintendo just gave them the thumbs up on it. I wouldn't expect this to be a running trend for Nintendo's in-house developed games.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 08 September 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

What cranky said with the edition that technically Team Ninja were the devs, ot tecmo, though they are tecmo owned.No one's saying only tecmo does this, of course many do, but Nintendo never does this and said they don't really believe in doing it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

Tecmo used Team Ninja to design the 1 on 1 boss fights.

Nintendo really stood back on this game and let TK do their thing. Nintendo was not very involved outside of promotion.

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

Doesn't Europe get these for free when you register the game on Club Nintendo?

#14 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Doesn't Europe get these for free when you register the game on Club Nintendo?

NOPE!  We don't get any Zelda or Link costumes.  We get the Ganondorf outfits, everyone (including North america) who registers the game on club nintendo will get it.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

NOPE!  We don't get any Zelda or Link costumes.  We get the Ganondorf outfits, everyone (including North america) who registers the game on club nintendo will get it.

You guys get a big old CE for this and Bayo so stop sounding like you guys are getting ripped. NOE is always nicer to you guys than NOA is to us. You got Project Zero remakes,Another Code R,Last Window,Disaster. Xenoblade CE,TLS CE and Pandora CE when at the time NOA was never going to bring the games over. Stop acting like such spoiled brats. What you guys get a million times better.

Your Club Nintendo is a million times better. NOA the ones who get shafted.

#16 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

You guys get a big old CE for this and Bayo so stop sounding like you guys are getting ripped. NOE is always nicer to you guys than NOA is to us. You got Project Zero remakes,Another Code R,Last Window,Disaster. Xenoblade CE,TLS CE and Pandora CE when at the time NOA was never going to bring the games over. Stop acting like such spoiled brats. What you guys get a million times better.

Your Club Nintendo is a million times better. NOA the ones who get shafted.

Oh what's that?  OH it's the sound of Europe NOT getting Bayonetta 1 for free with Bayonetta 2 like North America. We have to pay more.

I even cancelled my order for the game because of this since Amazon told me it wont have Bayonetta 1 and they wont stock that edition, same with gamestop.

your club nintendo gives games.  We don't get games from our store.  I would prefer to get games than stupid physical items.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Oh what's that?  OH it's the sound of Europe NOT getting Bayonetta 1 for free with Bayonetta 2 like North America. We have to pay more.

I even cancelled my order for the game because of this since Amazon told me it wont have Bayonetta 1 and they wont stock that edition, same with gamestop.

your club nintendo gives games.  We don't get games from our store.  I would prefer to get games than stupid physical items.

We got 1 thing up on you guys fr once. You got everything else. Shut up. I been forced to import a bunch of times and the amount spent is enough to get 10 Bayonetta 1 copies. So shush and it broke me every single time. The game selection is always weak and crap and the same crap as before. Same 5 games every time. Yeah I prefer to get the awesome OST's and such.

But I guess if you want Mario Kart or Kirby for the 7th month in a row and hand grabber game on Wii. Then have at it. Spend $200 on Nintendo games and get a free Kirby Patch or Wii Remote strap. WOO! Two Hundred well spent yo!

Edited by Ryudo, 08 September 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#18 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

I don't even know what your problem is.

I responded to a question incorrectly saying we wont get DLC costumes and I end up with your hostility for no reason.

Answering that questions makes me a spoilt brat apparently.  it's not like In my first response I never said BOOHOO NOE treats us unfairly or whaah I want your stuff.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

I don't even know what your problem is.

I responded to a question incorrectly saying we wont get DLC costumes and I end up with your hostility for no reason.

Answering that questions makes me a spoilt brat apparently.  it's not like In my first response I never said BOOHOO NOE treats us unfairly or whaah I want your stuff.

You have a history of moaning about NOE ripping you off.

Yeah poor you guys. Lets take a look.

NOA

0b1oXRA.jpg

NOE

uIr9dsc.jpg

#20 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

I want that scarf. :(

I'm sure Nintendo has done the same before.

Well that's kinda why I was expressing my disappointment in the OP. I'm certain Nintendo has never done this before. Everyone else does and it's an irritating practice. Nintendo has been better than that so far.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zelda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!