Nyle91

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • NNID:Nyle1991
  • Fandom:
    Portal, Kingdom Hearts and Smash Bros

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Unfortunately, i only owned 1 ds game when I had my ds lite before it was stolen, so I've been somewhat trying to play catch up since I got my 3ds, so some of the lamer games on my list may not be fantastic, but I think are worth checking out

Scurge
A scifi adventure game that kinda has a metroid like atmosphere, the main character always felt kinda like running around as samus in the zero suit, but the gameplay is nothing like a metroid game. It was also released on gba, and if you emulate it, it's pretty much the same experience

Dementium: the ward
A horror game that has you running around in first person at a mental hospital. As far as horror games on the ds go, it's pretty fun, but it always feels weird to play in public, so it felt unnecessary to even have it as a portable game...

Kingdom hearts 258/2 days
As a big kingdom hearts fan, I enjoyed this game for the story, I'm happy that the cutscenes at least made it into the hd edition, and it just made sense that way considering the gameplay didn't feel all that spectacular. I've also played recoded and apart from some interesting gameplay, I feel like that one can be skipped entirely

Elite beat agents
Probably one of my favorite portable rhythm games, not so much for the songs which range from meh to pretty good, but I have a lot of fun with the game play and I really really REALLY want another one released globally on 3ds or wii u...

Not quite a top 5 list, but more like a 4 games I had fun with list...though I think elite beat agents would definitely make my top 10
711570.png

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Looks like I'll have my wife help me pickup some of these titles for XMas. I have a few coming on Wednesday. I will post 'em then.

Received these yesterday:

Diabolical_Box.jpg

Professor_Layton_and_the_Unwound_Future.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

Had the Kirby games on my radar and guess I cannot go wrong hehe. Metroid Prime Hunters...Dragon Quest... ok I need to break out the ole credit card LMAO.

Thanks for your post. Anyone have any experience with the Contra, Castlevania or Mortal Kombat games that graced the DS?

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is pretty great. Probably one of my favorite games on DS. I would also recommend 999, Bowser's inside story, and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange World. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:28 AM

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is pretty great. Probably one of my favorite games on DS. I would also recommend 999, Bowser's inside story, and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange World. 

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on one of the Castlevania games. I appreciate it.

These came in yesterday:

61GtPGEjPML._SX300_.jpg

61YLl26z4AL._SY300_.jpg

78-190-065-02.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Oh yeah. Any of the castlevania games that let you earn new abilities and moves from enemies is great fun. Always keeps you interested with new things to try out and do.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

this came a few minutes ago. loved it as a kid on pc and populous 2. i heard it plays pretty good on the ds.

Populous_DS_front.jpg

Looks like GameStop has a reprint going... lots of "pre-owned" copies... but stellar price.

http://www.gamestop....nly-bride/73018

Dragon Quest V

180627b.jpg

#27 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:58 AM

If you have a phat DS or DS Lite, I'd recommend getting WarioWare: Twisted. Despite being a Gameboy game, it's still probably my most played game on the DS.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

You probably need Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

However don't stop there, because the GBA versions are much better.

#29 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hmmm, very tough!

1. Advance Wars: Days of ruin

2. Kirby Canvus Curse

3. Phoenix Wright Ace attorney

4. New Super Mario bros

5. Tetris DS

next 5 in no order: Mario kart DS, Advance wars dual strike, pokemon white, animal crossing, Mario 64x4

#30 Marcus

Marcus

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

1. Phantom Hourglass

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Radiant Historia

4. Mario 64 DS

5. Final Fanatasy IV

The DS was such a great platform, despite having almost hideous graphical capabilities! Definitely go with Phantom Hourglass before anything else imo. If it wasn't for

the annoying revisting temple, it'd be one of my favourite Zeldas.

#31 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sorc, you NEED to check your local GS. I was just there and bought Fossil Foghters and TCW: Jedi Alliance. Tons of games dirt cheap. No cases, but buying them separate is cheaper at $2-$10 a game.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

Sorc, you NEED to check your local GS. I was just there and bought Fossil Foghters and TCW: Jedi Alliance. Tons of games dirt cheap. No cases, but buying them separate is cheaper at $2-$10 a game.

Yeah I haven't been in my gamestop for quite some time. May make time next week. Good pickups! Fossil Fighters was on my radar.

1. Phantom Hourglass

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Radiant Historia

4. Mario 64 DS

5. Final Fanatasy IV

The DS was such a great platform, despite having almost hideous graphical capabilities! Definitely go with Phantom Hourglass before anything else imo. If it wasn't for

the annoying revisting temple, it'd be one of my favourite Zeldas.

Thanks for your input. I picked up Phantom Hourglass. Still need to get Mario 64. I agree with you, it is a great platform. So many great games, some well known and some hidden. Hence this thread.

Thanks again.

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Mario 64 sucked on DS but is good on 3DS because analog works for it.

#34 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

That Zelda train game on DS was pretty good. Spirit Tracks. It involves a lot of sneaking past guards and puzzles involving it, when you're not playing an instrument or riding a train.

#35 pexpress

pexpress

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

the two or three Zelda Games Available on nintendo DS

all Professor layton games

henry hatswork

new super mario bros

I don't remember the other games

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

achat ipad air galaxy note 4 abonnement

Edited by pexpress, 07 October 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

I added this to my DS collection over Christmas. Wife got it for me. 

the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-ninten

That Zelda train game on DS was pretty good. Spirit Tracks. It involves a lot of sneaking past guards and puzzles involving it, when you're not playing an instrument or riding a train.

#37 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

So now that I got reminded of this thread, you really should add Trauma Center to your list of games.

It's a crazy good puzzle game that makes great use of the touch screen and has easily the most whacked out plot that goes totally anime in the best way possible. It has a very solid remake on the Wii, though, so if you want to get it there that's fine as well.

I'll also second Order of Ecclesia, it's the best Castlevania game on the DS by far.

I almost want to recommend Flower Sun and Rain but it's a game that is so bat rainbow insane it makes David Lynch films look sane. So I will throw the name out but a play at your own risk.

I'm gonna have to check this out, I didn't know Suda developed a DS game.

Edited by Waller, 05 February 2015 - 06:09 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#38 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Oh, hey. This is a topic. Let's answer it in no particular order!

1. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - Probably one of the few games that actually surprised me at every turn in its story, not to mention featuring some of the hardest puzzles in the series and also having a rather large amount of handdrawn cutscenes.
  2. Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney: Investigations - Definitely the most unique Ace Attorney game we've gotten, mostly because of its presentation of the original games' mechanics. Fantastic writing, from what I remember.
  3. Okamiden - Alright, I'll admit it. This isn't as good as Okami, but it's definitely a fantastic DS title by all means...even if there isn't true 360 degree movement of Ammy Jr. Paintbrush mechanics work well, and the graphics are beautiful on the DS. Even if the draw distance isn't very far.
  4. Radiant Historia - Probably Atlus's best title on the DS by far. An interesting, detailed look at time travel, a great combat system reminiscent of Megaman Battle Network's grid-based combat, beautiful music and spritework.
  5. TBD

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#39 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

Ghost Trick needs to be mentioned. I don't own it nor have I beat it, but from what I've played on my iPod, it's awesome. Great animation and sprite work, an intriguing mystery, and neat gameplay.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#40 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

I'll also second Order of Ecclesia, it's the best Castlevania game on the DS by far.

This is going to be my next pickup. I don't have any of the Castlevania games on DS yet but this keeps getting mentioned in this thread and everywhere else, gotta be good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!