magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Seeing as how each Book has its own thread, I though I'd make for one Book 4. :P 

Well this is it, the last Book of the series and likely the last for the franchise too. I'm saddened to see it end as I thought the last Book was were the series really picked up. 

Anyways as a heads up to those who don't know, the show will no longer air on Nickelodeon. Instead, all new episodes will be posted on Nick.com. 

I have my Adblock turned off when viewing them on the website.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

I don't know about the end of the franchise... You'd think someone would want to fix up the mess they made with Korra. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#3 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

I don't know about the end of the franchise... You'd think someone would want to fix up the mess they made with Korra. :P

I've rather enjoyed the series, I wouldn't necessarily call it a "mess". Sure, they might have had some mess ups, but the creators/writers had the dilemma of making something as good as the original series. 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

So I just watched it with my bother and I'm not that impressed so far.  :unsure:

The story just seems like a retelling of (Last Airbender spoilers I guess?):

Spoiler

Edited by magiciandude, 03 October 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

In the IGN interview yesterday, they said they're done with Avatar. We might get another series, but it'll be by a different person.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

In the IGN interview yesterday, they said they're done with Avatar. We might get another series, but it'll be by a different person.

I'm honestly kinda glad about that... I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think the later seasons of Korra were that great. I do really want to see more Avatar, though.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Book 4 Episode 1 impressions! Hardly my favorite episode, but still pretty great. Seeing the main characters 3 years later is pretty great, and Kuvira and the Earth Kingdom "Nazis" look to be setting up a pretty great story. Very interesting to see how Korra has all but given up on being the Avatar. I'm dying to see how that's explored.

Book 4 Episode 2 impressions! I'll start off by saying I'm quite partial to the "hero's journey" and "coming of age" stories. This episode, while not a favorite, is up there. I loved seeing Korra so broken and literally having to face Raava(?) and her inner demon. I don't know about anyone else, but the cave scene was my favorite part of the episode, for its thematics and parallel to Empire Strikes Back. Looking forward to next week to see what happens to Korra and Kuvira.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

BOOK 4 EPISODE 2 SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 10 October 2014 - 04:50 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Book 4 Episode 3 impressions! Something of a filler episode, but pretty good. Not too much to say, given all the set-up, but how about that ending? Korra's PTSD and what I've read some assume is the Avatar-universe's nuke. I can't wait for this season to end. All this set-up is so intriguing!

Book 4 Episode 4 impressions! I want to start right off with saying the use of the Avatar State Theme was amazing. Certainly my least favorite episode in the season so far, but it definitely had its moments. Humor wasn't overdone, the Airbender kids worked well together, and fartbending made a return. Also, story time with Toph. Pretty good. Still waiting on that really amazing episode though. But I'm sure we'll get it next week with the battle at Zaofu.

Signature_Portal1.png

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm not a fan of the new Airbender uniforms. Sure they're practical but I'm just not a fan of the design, I'd prefer the same old one with their flight poles (not sure if they have a name).

The season so far is pretty good, Korra is finally healed so hopefully we can see her in action in the next episode.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:13 PM

ugh i hate the week wait for every episode but i like it as well

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

You know that new Korra game that came out a few days ago? Yeah it's actually canon to the series and it takes place between Book 2 and 3. Oh joy...  <_<

Edited by magiciandude, 29 October 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#13 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

Book 4 Episode 5 impressions! Looks like we got most, if not all of the set up done. None of the past episodes have been bad, but it'll really be nice to get into more action. Looks like we'll most definitely be seeing an avatar nuke. Notice how it made the same sound as one of Vaatu's beams. Once again, Kuvira is shown as a great antagonist. I loved seeing that she was totally prepared for a fight. Mech-suit fight was pretty good. Not a huge fan of the CG, but it manages to be similar to the animation. Looking forward to next week!

Signature_Portal1.png

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

I think Zhu Li's betrayal was fake

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

Book 4 Episode 6 impressions! First off, Bolin and Varrick faking their deaths. For some reason, I thought that was awesome. Not much to say about this ep. Pretty straightforward. Although I will mention how weak Korra was. She's not even on par with herself in the very first ep! I can honestly say I dislike this Korra. She doesn't get it. I guess she'll get some more character development over the next few eps. Looking forward to seeing the United Forces showing. Gotta get that fire bending action!

Signature_Portal1.png

#16 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

Book 4 Episode 6 impressions! First off, Bolin and Varrick faking their deaths. For some reason, I thought that was awesome. Not much to say about this ep. Pretty straightforward. Although I will mention how weak Korra was. She's not even on par with herself in the very first ep! I can honestly say I dislike this Korra. She doesn't get it. I guess she'll get some more character development over the next few eps. Looking forward to seeing the United Forces showing. Gotta get that fire bending action!

You know she wasn't going to win given we're only at Episode 6, that made the episode pretty predictable. I really Varrick and Bolin's escape from the train. I wonder how Lin is going to take when she find out her sister has been captured.  

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, Bolin and Varrick's escape was the best. Varrick's humour in the latest ep was great, had me laughing my Zhu Li's off.

Korra needs some psychiatric help or something, she's still hallucinating but that will/should be fixed by the end of the season.. How it will happen is anyone's guess at this point.

I think Zhu Li's betrayal was fake

That's a possibility but I don't think it's all that likely. If it were she would have organised it with Varrick but he was definitely depressed about her leaving. Either she'll stay with Kuvira or go back with Varrick after he, along with team Korra of course, come out on top.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

Book 4 Episode 7 impressions! Team Avatar is back! I must say I enjoyed seeing a part of Book 1 return. And Bolin and Varrick's escape was definitely the highlight. Their improv to get through the gates, Bolin's badass bending, and Varrick's emp were great. Also enjoyed seeing a bit of Bolin's character. Looking forward to seeing Toph beat the crap out of Kuvira next episode!

Book 4 Episode 8 impressions! I really expected this episode to be terrible, but it was actually quite good. The best part was obviously the Varrick movie pitch and villain conference call. Great on so many levels. The writers making fun of the Book 1 and 2 love triangle was nice to see. The Korra and Asami part though...I was bashing my head into a pillow. No, seriously. I might have a minor concussion. Anyway, still a rather good episode. The next five are supposed to be "poop gets real" stuff, so I'm quite hyped. This season has been something of a slow burn, but atleast not as bad as Book 2. -shudders-

Signature_Portal1.png

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

I've got one thing to say( I haven't watched the new episode, but it shouldn't matter being mostly a clip show):

The way the relationships are going, there's 3 possibilities for Korea's love life: The writers do some retcons/buttpulls on par with the Star Wars EU to get Makorra to work, they have her have no one, or the only logical option IMO is to finally confirm Korrasami. It would be so stupid if she ends up with Mako I would pull my reaction towards tLA movie: "They didn't make a movie", though in this case it would be " what season 4?". Korrasami is the only pairing that makes sense over the series so far.

End rant.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

I've got one thing to say( I haven't watched the new episode, but it shouldn't matter being mostly a clip show):

The way the relationships are going, there's 3 possibilities for Korea's love life: The writers do some retcons/buttpulls on par with the Star Wars EU to get Makorra to work, they have her have no one, or the only logical option IMO is to finally confirm Korrasami. It would be so stupid if she ends up with Mako I would pull my reaction towards tLA movie: "They didn't make a movie", though in this case it would be " what season 4?". Korrasami is the only pairing that makes sense over the series so far.

End rant.

1311626491256.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!