Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Maybe someday when I don't work at Walmart and I make massive amounts of money, I'll be able to support having more than one handheld and one console. Until then, no Vita. If I did have lots of expendable money, then I would consider a Vita. It does have a very pretty screen and I'm sure I would be able to find some nice games for it. No 3G, just Wi-Fi. Despite how much this theoretical future me has, I'm not will to spend theoretical money every month for something like 3G. Did Sony ever announce what they are doing for 3G in Canada? I'm going to have to look that up I suppose.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#22 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

POPULAR

I like how people constantly criticise Sony for a lack of innovation, yet when they come out with the touch pad on the back of the Vita - something which I'd call innovation - it's instantly written off as a gimmick. IMO, it's too early to judge whether it'll be a success or not. I think it's a decent idea, and I expect developers will find some pretty cool uses for it.

#23 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Nope for a few reasons. The only game that I really pulls me in is Uncharted Golden Abyss the others I can live without. Last year I bought a 3DS this year Wii U so I just wanna focus on buying for the next few years rather than more hardware. I rather buy lots of awesome 3DS and Wii U games then a Vita coupled with a memory card. And lastly the 3DS and Wii U give me my hardcore needs plus my first Nintendo games so I don't feel I really need any other consoles obviously including Vita. So yeah looks great but I don't need one.

#24 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

I like how people constantly criticise Sony for a lack of innovation, yet when they come out with the touch pad on the back of the Vita - something which I'd call innovation - it's instantly written off as a gimmick. IMO, it's too early to judge whether it'll be a success or not. I think it's a decent idea, and I expect developers will find some pretty cool uses for it.

You are right, I am still unsure how the touch pad will work well in a game but it may bring to life some awesome game ideals. Remember the ds, people made fun of the second screen but it later gave us awesome that made use of it like the world ends with.you.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#25 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah they didn't show much use for the rear touchpad aside from it help with games that have world creation, it's more or less like if you don't want to use the front touchscreen. I think so at least until they have more games that use it more.

#26 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hey, I never criticized them for lack of innovation. My problem is that their innovations sometimes can kick them in the nuts(See PSP)

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#27 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

I won't be getting one. I'm very happy with my 3DS.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#28 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

I dont normally like Sony Consoles. I would only buy ones because of the exclusives, like LittleBig PLanet.

#29 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'll buy PS Vita with 3G on day 1.

#30 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

It would be surprising if I got a 3DS at all, lol.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't like any handhelds out in the market right now. I'm waiting for a new good one. I've been using my itouch as a entertainment while being bored. My Nintendo Slide idea I would buy that with a good support of games it would be perfection. I was excited about the Dsi and worked real hard for it then I finally got it, it wasn't even that great. I worked for 7 months collecting bottles so I could buy one. Now with the 3ds, I saw it and it seemed intresting. I wanted to find more information about it and I saw it had miis and much more cool features. I saw Street Fighter and the winging Wii sports game, it looked cool. Then I saw Pes 12 it was okay then Fifa 12 meh then Madden 11 terrible like wii version After seeing poor sports games, I decided not to buy it.

The vita is not good either. a PSP mixed with a PSP go with enhanced graphics and touch screen, not really cool.Bad lineup of games too. I'm saving up for the wii u by the way 200 bux already :D. However, if I were given one of these I would take it.

#32 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I don't like any handhelds out in the market right now. I'm waiting for a new good one. I've been using my itouch as a entertainment while being bored. My Nintendo Slide idea I would buy that with a good support of games it would be perfection. I was excited about the Dsi and worked real hard for it then I finally got it, it wasn't even that great. I worked for 7 months collecting bottles so I could buy one. Now with the 3ds, I saw it and it seemed intresting. I wanted to find more information about it and I saw it had miis and much more cool features. I saw Street Fighter and the winging Wii sports game, it looked cool. Then I saw Pes 12 it was okay then Fifa 12 meh then Madden 11 terrible like wii version After seeing poor sports games, I decided not to buy it.

The vita is not good either. a PSP mixed with a PSP go with enhanced graphics and touch screen, not really cool.Bad lineup of games too. I'm saving up for the wii u by the way 200 bux already :D. However, if I were given one of these I would take it.

Well, it's a no-brainer you would buy it since it was your own idea! :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#33 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

Was thinking about it, but i though no :)
I already have a 3DS and i love it <3
Don't have the money either because i have to buy a new laptop soon, then i'll be saving up for the Wii U, soooooo...
probably, never :(
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#34 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

That's another reason why I'm not getting a Vita. I'm saving up for a Wii U. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#35 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

I have money so I will be buying it day one! Uncharted looks awesome!
Posted Image

#36 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm stuck between getting Vita or Wii U. Obviously Wii U will be near double the price...

Posted Image

#37 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm stuck between getting Vita or Wii U. Obviously Wii U will be near double the price...

When you factor in external costs, like memory cards and things like that, They probably will cost the same.

#38 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Not true. It's not going to be north of $400, or I'm a purple winged hippo. I'd venture to guess more along the lines of $270-$350.

OT: I'm actually still considering one as a just an RPG Console, but unless they get their stuff in line Price Cut Nintendo was selling 3DS at a slight loss, why can't Sony?, Memory card Prices$20 for 4GB is dumb, A Lineup that isn't just orientated to Western Gamers Seriously, I'm not a western gamer. I prefer my Japanese orientated games, an actual decent HANDHELD EXPERIENCE I have titles like that cater to on the go, so why Can't Sony do this with the Vita?, and decent battery While the 3DS has crap battery, I can use it for maybe 4-5 on my settings.

So yeah, might buy a Vita if around 7 games that I care about come out IE Infamous, Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tales of, Shin Megami Tensei (Besides Persona), and a new IP

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#39 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Not true. It's not going to be north of $400, or I'm a purple winged hippo. I'd venture to guess more along the lines of $270-$350.

OT: I'm actually still considering one as a just an RPG Console, but unless they get their stuff in line Price Cut Nintendo was selling 3DS at a slight loss, why can't Sony?, Memory card Prices$20 for 4GB is dumb, A Lineup that isn't just orientated to Western Gamers Seriously, I'm not a western gamer. I prefer my Japanese orientated games, an actual decent HANDHELD EXPERIENCE I have titles like that cater to on the go, so why Can't Sony do this with the Vita?, and decent battery While the 3DS has crap battery, I can use it for maybe 4-5 on my settings.

So yeah, might buy a Vita if around 7 games that I care about come out IE Infamous, Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tales of, Shin Megami Tensei (Besides Persona), and a new IP

Sorry I dont think that the Vita is going to get a price cut because they are already selling a ta huge loss at around $60

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#40 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

yh but the wii u will be 20 times better for only double the price (which its not cos vita needs u to buy memory card). i think the answer to your dilema is easy, get the wii u. its going to be the best console made to date.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!