#1 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Now that we know mostly everything about the PlayStation Vita, will you be buying it?
If so, will you get the 3G one or the Wi-Fi only model?
And to all the people that think the 3G price is outrageous (Gamecollector), it's not, it's around the same amount as other 3G price amounts.

Also, don't be hating on it. I know you Nintendo fans are probably thinking: "If it's not a Nintendo product, it sucks." No. Just no. I mean, you can hate on it, just don't say things like: "It's too expensive, so it's bad." Or, "Sony is makes terrible games, so of course the Vita will be bad, too." Just be civil.

I'll be getting the 3G/Wi-Fi model with the 2GB of data for 3G. Then I'll also be buying the 32 GB memory card, and probably Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

I will probably buy a Vita at a later date in time. I will be buying the the wifi only version as I see no need in getting a 3g version. Uncharted: Golden Abyss is definitively on my list. I am also sure they will be other games I will want for it in the months to come. For this year I will be buying the Wii U instead.

Edited by Caius, 10 January 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Not me... yet.
In my opinion it is just way to expensive when you add the costs of peripherals, the games, and then the 3G.

Also, there aren't any games that interest me yet. I like Uncharted, but it's not enough.
I'm waiting for either the next model to arrive or for a price drop. (And I'm sure that isn't happening anytime soon judging by SONY's situation).

If the Vita was something innovative and had something unique (back touchpad doesn't cut it), not just stronger hardware, then It would have been a way to convince me to get it. (I got the 3DS because of said reason at launch).

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

No, I have no interest in the Vita. I'd much rather get a PS3, and even then the games I care for are available on PC or coming to the Wii U.
Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#5 westimo

westimo

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

I love handheld gaming so I'll probably get one later this year.
3DS FC: 1633-4203-9844 Pm me and I'll add back :)
Posted Image

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Now that we know mostly everything about the PlayStation Vita, will you be buying it?
If so, will you get the 3G one or the Wi-Fi only model?
And to all the people that think the 3G price is outrageous (Gamecollector), it's not, it's around the same amount as other 3G price amounts.

Also, don't be hating on it. I know you Nintendo fans are probably thinking: "If it's not a Nintendo product, it sucks." No. Just no. I mean, you can hate on it, just don't say things like: "It's too expensive, so it's bad." Or, "Sony is makes terrible games, so of course the Vita will be bad, too." Just be civil.

I'll be getting the 3G/Wi-Fi model with the 2GB of data for 3G. Then I'll also be buying the 32 GB memory card, and probably Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I read: "I know you Nintendo fans are probably thinking: 'If it's not a Nintendo product, it sucks.' "

And: "Just be civil." and instantly facepalmed. Contradictions ahoy.

I probably won't be getting one. $250 + 20 memory card + $50 game doesn't sound that appealing to me. I only have true interest in two games for the system (Uncharted and Katamari) and that doesn't justify paying the price for the system.

Also, the 3G is exuberantly overpriced for a gaming handheld. Yes, it is the same price as 3G plans for phones, but that's the problem. I'm not paying $25 a month for only two gigs just to browse the internet and update my trophy list/get spammed with what new games are on the PSN. I could burn through two gigs with a hour of web browsing.

Also...have you seen the data overage price?

$24.99 for an extra 20mb.
$59.99 for an extra 50mb.
$119.99 for an extra 100mb.
$199.99 for an extra 200mb.

Source: http://gamerant.com/...an-jeff-124218/

In short, I just see as the 3G Vita as a hole you throw money into. -_-

I know I'm probably going to get hated on for posting all of the above, but tough beans people.

EDIT: And calling me out on things is reaaallly not a good idea. Not to mention I'm not the ONLY one who thinks the prices are not good. Ask any member on this forum, and they'll tell you the same thing.

Edited by GameCollector, 10 January 2012 - 10:42 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes I am getting a Vita at some point, I see no reason not to get one. I'm sure games that I like will come to it eventually (especialy if it gets rpgs like the psp got)

#8 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Fix that. The people on this page ARE Nintendo fans. The kind of people you are refering to are fanBOY's.
Similar names, but a big difference. Fanboy's are the extremist version of fans.

Edited by Joshua, 10 January 2012 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

I won't be getting it at launch as I won't have the money for one, but I'll probably get one eventually, maybe even by the end of the year if I'm lucky.

#10 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

I will be getting it - not at launch, as I need to collect more money, but I will be buying it. Probably the Wi-Fi model.

Posted Image

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

I may get one eventually. First I'd need some more games that interest me (Uncharted's cool, but not exactly my thing). Get Sucker Punch to develop a game for it, then we'll talk. Second, a price cut on the memory cards. The price of those things compared to the price of SD cards of the same amount of data is outrageous.

Also, I agree with GameCollector. Calling him out was not necessary.
Posted Image

#12 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

I may get one eventually. First I'd need some more games that interest me (Uncharted's cool, but not exactly my thing). Get Sucker Punch to develop a game for it, then we'll talk. Second, a price cut on the memory cards. The price of those things compared to the price of SD cards of the same amount of data is outrageous.

Also, I agree with GameCollector. Calling him out was not necessary.

Sony said that the reason these Memory Cards would be priced higher than others is because they are proprietary and all high class cards.

Posted Image

#13 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

Sony said that the reason these Memory Cards would be priced higher than others is because they are proprietary and all high class cards.

That still doesn't mean I can afford them. :P
Posted Image

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

If you shop smart, you can get a class 10 32GB(Highest level SD Card) For $50. The propiertary is just sony overcharging as usual.

As for the Vita, I'm not getting one. Not a fan of the games I've seen on it so far, not a fan of overpricing memory when they could use SD cards, not a fan of a Portable game going for $50 at launch. The only game that interests me is Persona 4: The golden, and that's only 1, where as when the 3DS came out, I knew there would be 7 games that interest me that I know was coming. One of them got canceled, but another took it's place.

Also, seriously, don't call out people just because they state facts that disagree with your opinion. That's seriously uncalled for

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

If you shop smart, you can get a class 10 32GB(Highest level SD Card) For $50. The propiertary is just sony overcharging as usual.

As for the Vita, I'm not getting one. Not a fan of the games I've seen on it so far, not a fan of overpricing memory when they could use SD cards, not a fan of a Portable game going for $50 at launch. The only game that interests me is Persona 4: The golden, and that's only 1, where as when the 3DS came out, I knew there would be 7 games that interest me that I know was coming. One of them got canceled, but another took it's place.

Also, seriously, don't call out people just because they state facts that disagree with your opinion. That's seriously uncalled for

Actually...http://www.amazon.co...26293974&sr=8-3

You can get one for $30, which puts it in even more perspective.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

I was just saying why Sony priced it that way?

Posted Image

#17 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

almost definately not getting it. if i had that kind of money i would easily be able to spend it on the tonnes of good games coming out for wii u 3DS and the other awesome games i never bought for my xbox360 and wii. so basically, no way am i getting the vita, theres too much other stuff to get. and none of the vita games really interest me much
Posted Image

#18 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

I wouldnt get one if I were PAID to get one: First off take a look at the little innovation it has. I really dont see how this is any different from a PSP with better graphics and an extra analog stick. Also why is there a touch screen on the BACK? I really dont see a point to that other than an excuse to inflate the already massive prices. That and the memory cards like everyone else is pointing out. I dont see any reason for me to get one. Also I really dont have the money to support another counsel with $50 games. That is just a little pricey. The Vita may be a good counsel but I dont see enough innovation in it so I think that I will stick with my 3DS.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

I wouldnt get one if I were PAID to get one: First off take a look at the little innovation it has. I really dont see how this is any different from a PSP with better graphics and an extra analog stick. Also why is there a touch screen on the BACK? I really dont see a point to that other than an excuse to inflate the already massive prices. That and the memory cards like everyone else is pointing out. I dont see any reason for me to get one. Also I really dont have the money to support another counsel with $50 games. That is just a little pricey. The Vita may be a good counsel but I dont see enough innovation in it so I think that I will stick with my 3DS.

that touch pad on the back is their excuse for "innovation" hahaha :P next thing u know the ps4 will have a touch pad on the back of its controller :P
Posted Image

#20 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

that touch pad on the back is their excuse for "innovation" hahaha :P next thing u know the ps4 will have a touch pad on the back of its controller :P

Kinda like saying "Nintendo we dont copy you we simply take your ideas and jack em up!"

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!