Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Sonic_Boom_-_Characters.jpg

Anyone else been watching the TV series? What do you think so far? There's two episodes out already. I enjoyed them as much as I expected, they were entertaining overall and had some good humour at times. 

I'll try to keep up with the series, also Star Wars Rebels is a series I want to start watching.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

Haven't been watching, but heard it's the best thing about the game lol.

Also I do't really have time to watch. Have to finish Avatar: The Last Airbender this friday (only have the series finale left to watch :'( ) and then I have a list of like 15 other shows I'm supposed to watch.

Edited by WydrA, 12 November 2014 - 08:49 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

I already like more than Sonic X.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Haven't been watching, but heard it's the best thing about the game lol.

Also I do't really have time to watch. Have to finish Avatar: The Last Airbender this friday (only have the series finale left to watch :'( ) and then I have a list of like 15 other shows I'm supposed to watch.

I didn't even know the game came out yet, well only in NA at this point. From what I've seen of the game I'm not sure how to feel about it, from what I hear the 3DS version is better but I'll have to see more before I even consider buying it (plus I need to finish Sonic Lost World on 3DS too which I'm not very far into yet).

EDIT: Damn.. Not sure what's going on in this vid but it doesn't look good. https://www.facebook...742013025868387

I'm only up to the second season of The Last Airbender but I'm up to date on Korra. What's next on the list after Avatar?

I already like more than Sonic X.

I haven't watched much of Sonic X and what I did see was years ago so I can't really compare. Sonic Boom is supposed to appeal more to Western audiences and I can definitely see that in the show.

Edited by CUD, 12 November 2014 - 11:36 PM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:05 AM

I didn't even know the game came out yet, well only in NA at this point. From what I've seen of the game I'm not sure how to feel about it, from what I hear the 3DS version is better but I'll have to see more before I even consider buying it (plus I need to finish Sonic Lost World on 3DS too which I'm not very far into yet).

EDIT: Damn.. Not sure what's going on in this vid but it doesn't look good. https://www.facebook...742013025868387

I'm only up to the second season of The Last Airbender but I'm up to date on Korra. What's next on the list after Avatar?

yeah that video is the main one kind of floating around right now. Would be funny if it wasn't so bad lol.

After Avatar is Barakmon. Have to try and find a site that'll work with my Wii U for that one :S

And the beginning of second season or the end?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

yeah that video is the main one kind of floating around right now. Would be funny if it wasn't so bad lol.

After Avatar is Barakmon. Have to try and find a site that'll work with my Wii U for that one :S

And the beginning of second season or the end?

Hmm Barakmon sounds interesting, I might check it out sometime. (Probably wont because I have such a large backlog already).

Only a few eps into the second season of Avatar. I'm guessing you haven't seen Korra yet? It's quite different to TLA but it's still pretty good, I'm really enjoying the humour in the latest eps.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hmm Barakmon sounds interesting, I might check it out sometime. (Probably wont because I have such a large backlog already).

Only a few eps into the second season of Avatar. I'm guessing you haven't seen Korra yet? It's quite different to TLA but it's still pretty good, I'm really enjoying the humour in the latest eps.

Ill probably watch Korra soon after TLA. Have heard it's quite different but still very good. After the masterpiece TLA is, I'd watch anything by the same people.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

I hate Sonic games but I've always liked the shows. 

Also is Avatar and Korra really as good as everyone says they are? Only seen one episode in the middle of the first season I think and I never watched it again.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

I hate Sonic games but I've always liked the shows.

Also is Avatar and Korra really as good as everyone says they are? Only seen one episode in the middle of the first season I think and I never watched it again.

Korra is awesome. ATLA is also great. And if you like those watch Young Justice, The Clone Wars, and Green Lantern.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Korra is awesome. ATLA is also great. And if you like those watch Young Justice, The Clone Wars, and Green Lantern.

I think Avatar is on Netflix, not sure about Korra. I'm gonna try getting into it tonight and see how it goes. I need some new show to get into. 

zZJ9pHB.png

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

I think Avatar is on Netflix, not sure about Korra. I'm gonna try getting into it tonight and see how it goes. I need some new show to get into. 

I've heard lots of people say TLA is better than Korra just so you know. Korra is supposedly still pretty awesome, I've just hear TLA is even better. Which would be understandable, TLA is a really, really great show.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

I've heard lots of people say TLA is better than Korra just so you know. Korra is supposedly still pretty awesome, I've just hear TLA is even better. Which would be understandable, TLA is a really, really great show.

NO!! Don't overhype, I don't want my hopes up for it being amazing. Lol

zZJ9pHB.png

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

NO!! Don't overhype, I don't want my hopes up for it being amazing. Lol

lol I know what you mean so i shall try and remain quiet.

Though it's a pretty hard show to overhype...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

The best way to describe it is that TLA is basically the Star Wars OT: Perfectly paced, full of beautiful detail, cleverly written, etc. Sure, some bits are misfires(THE FRICKING GREAT DIVIDE EPISODE CAN GO DIE), but it's overall one of the best things produced on Television. The Legend of Korra is more like the expanded Universe of Star Wars set in the post RotJ time period(Which is now non-canon. THANKS DIDNEY): It's able to at moments reach beyond the roots it builds on(Thrawn Trilogy for SW, Arguably parts of Season 1/3 for Korra) but the overall product is still inferior to the Original. Series 2 as a whole REALLY sucked minus the two parter in the middle, there's been no big overarching villain, the characters make nonsense decisions at moments about what to do, the characters, due to the limited format, seem to be reacting more as a whole to events then actively driving them while TLA was more characters act to move the plot forward. On the other hand, the music is still superb, the animation looks FANTASTIC in HD, the story takes some really interesting turns due it's "Villain a season" approach, and the battles we see are stunning.

Overall, ATM I'd rank TLA a 9.5-10/10, while Korra gets closer to a 7-8/10. Still worth watching, just don't expect the greatness of TLA. It's a different show with a different take on events/the world.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

The best way to describe it is that TLA is basically the Star Wars OT: Perfectly paced, full of beautiful detail, cleverly written, etc. Sure, some bits are misfires(THE FRICKING GREAT DIVIDE EPISODE CAN GO DIE), but it's overall one of the best things produced on Television. The Legend of Korra is more like the expanded Universe of Star Wars set in the post RotJ time period(Which is now non-canon. THANKS DIDNEY): It's able to at moments reach beyond the roots it builds on(Thrawn Trilogy for SW, Arguably parts of Season 1/3 for Korra) but the overall product is still inferior to the Original. Series 2 as a whole REALLY sucked minus the two parter in the middle, there's been no big overarching villain, the characters make nonsense decisions at moments about what to do, the characters, due to the limited format, seem to be reacting more as a whole to events then actively driving them while TLA was more characters act to move the plot forward. On the other hand, the music is still superb, the animation looks FANTASTIC in HD, the story takes some really interesting turns due it's "Villain a season" approach, and the battles we see are stunning.

Overall, ATM I'd rank TLA a 9.5-10/10, while Korra gets closer to a 7-8/10. Still worth watching, just don't expect the greatness of TLA. It's a different show with a different take on events/the world.

Why do you hate the great divide episode so much (might want to spoiler your answer)?

And I suspected this was the "problem" with korra. I think the reason TLA worked so well is because it appears they had a single story they wanted to tell. They had four seasons and a good amount of money to do it. Korra is them taking less fleshed out stories and ideas they've kind of made up on the fly and doing it in one season. Kind of similar to Animes, where the best ones are usually the ones where they have a single story they want to tell, they tell it and they're done. Things like Bleach where they have arcs practically never match up, and Korra would be closer to the the latter.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#16 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

Why do you hate the great divide episode so much (might want to spoiler your answer)?

And I suspected this was the "problem" with korra. I think the reason TLA worked so well is because it appears they had a single story they wanted to tell. They had four seasons and a good amount of money to do it. Korra is them taking less fleshed out stories and ideas they've kind of made up on the fly and doing it in one season. Kind of similar to Animes, where the best ones are usually the ones where they have a single story they want to tell, they tell it and they're done. Things like Bleach where they have arcs practically never match up, and Korra would be closer to the the latter.

Uh.. Long Story short: Great Divide is so completely useless to ANYTHING else that it's practically a big lipped Alligator Moment. The Ember Isle Players mocks the episode, so you KNOW it's bad.

TLA had 3 Seasons, not 4, and Korra's aren't Bad per say, it's just the execution SUCKS hard at moments. Like, Season 2 has a really cool premise, and a really cool middle part, but the beginning and the end are two giant pieces of meh/subpar storytelling. Season 1 was actually pretty well paced and was on track to beat out TLA's season 1, but then we get what is becoming a staple of the Avatar Franchise: Deus Ex Machina Endings. Season 3 is able to really play off of what was good with season 2, as well as some interesting ramifications and ends strong for Season 4, though Season 4 so far has been resoundingly a meh on my end.

I guess my biggest issue is that each Villain we've had isn't a GOOD villain, if that makes any sense. For me, there's two completely opposite ways to make a good villain: The Maniac who cares for nothing but his own self ambition(R/B on the Colour Wheel, see the Joker, Ozai, Azula) and the tragic Villain, the one who is doing what he believes is right for the world but is confused/viewed as evil(R/W, see Ozymandias to a degree, V(Though his status as a villain is debated)). Korra somehow tries to fuse the two, which...doesn't really work. We get characters who START off being a R/W, being driven by their emotions and experiences to act, but by the time the season is ending they've basically turned into/been exposed as "MUHUHUHUHUHUHU. YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ME KORRA SAN, WITH MY NEW AND IMPROVED KAIJU BODY. I AM GREATER THEN YOU IN EVERYWAY, AND I SHALL WIN THIS BATTLE AND RULE THE WORLD". IDK, I just enjoy a good villain and Korra kind of goofs up.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

Uh.. Long Story short: Great Divide is so completely useless to ANYTHING else that it's practically a big lipped Alligator Moment. The Ember Isle Players mocks the episode, so you KNOW it's bad.

TLA had 3 Seasons, not 4, and Korra's aren't Bad per say, it's just the execution SUCKS hard at moments. Like, Season 2 has a really cool premise, and a really cool middle part, but the beginning and the end are two giant pieces of meh/subpar storytelling. Season 1 was actually pretty well paced and was on track to beat out TLA's season 1, but then we get what is becoming a staple of the Avatar Franchise: Deus Ex Machina Endings. Season 3 is able to really play off of what was good with season 2, as well as some interesting ramifications and ends strong for Season 4, though Season 4 so far has been resoundingly a meh on my end.

I guess my biggest issue is that each Villain we've had isn't a GOOD villain, if that makes any sense. For me, there's two completely opposite ways to make a good villain: The Maniac who cares for nothing but his own self ambition(R/B on the Colour Wheel, see the Joker, Ozai, Azula) and the tragic Villain, the one who is doing what he believes is right for the world but is confused/viewed as evil(R/W, see Ozymandias to a degree, V(Though his status as a villain is debated)). Korra somehow tries to fuse the two, which...doesn't really work. We get characters who START off being a R/W, being driven by their emotions and experiences to act, but by the time the season is ending they've basically turned into/been exposed as "MUHUHUHUHUHUHU. YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ME KORRA SAN, WITH MY NEW AND IMPROVED KAIJU BODY. I AM GREATER THEN YOU IN EVERYWAY, AND I SHALL WIN THIS BATTLE AND RULE THE WORLD". IDK, I just enjoy a good villain and Korra kind of goofs up.

Yeah i looked it up on the avatar wiki after I asked and it said this was the main complaint. Do remember them making fun of it ( i watched the episode like 1 week and a bit ago, so i'd be concerned if I didn't) in the ember Isle players episode. Loved that episode by the way. The "Did he die?" "I don't know, it was really unclear" had me rolling.

As for the villains, I think the reason that wouldn't work is because it's not something you would actually ever encounter. People who are in it just for themselves would tend to be sociopaths/psychopaths. They never have a reason for what they're doing beyond the fact they think they're the most important people in the world, and they therefore have the right to make everything go their way.The ther type of villain is just someone misguided. Even if they've twisted them, they'll still have morals, so at no  point would they just do really evil stuff without at least showing remorse. Of course I haven't actually watched Korra so this is all completely theorizing.

And that last description of villains sounds like the really overdone anime villain. :s

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Sorry to interrupt the Avatar discussion but I just wanna mention that I watched eps 3 and 4 of Sonic Boom and they weren't as good as the first two in my opinion. Episode 4 was especially annoying because Sticks (the new character which I dislike immensely) was the focus of the episode. 

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#19 StarBot

StarBot

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:TheStarBot

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Sticks (the new character which I dislike immensely) was the focus of the episode.

And?
I had very low expectations for Sticks, and after watching episode 4, she not that bad.

She just socially awkward and a bit loopy, that's about it.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

She sounds like we should make her queen of WUF then

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonic, sonic boom, sanic, dingus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!