Photo

What is the status for the Wii u at the moment?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:09 AM

i dont like the kind of games that Nintendo makes.

Sell your Wii U and never buy another Nintendo home console again.
The Wii u is for people who want to play Nintendo games, of you don't like games such as Smash Bros, Zelda, Xenoblade or Starfox, then what's the point of owning a Wii U?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

I have had no isues with MiiVerse, if you read the topic, i was commenting on their politics, which are not verry online community friendly, if you understand.

And why is that? the Wii U does cost halft what an Xbox or Playstation does, and it WAS the most powerfull console at the time. And how should i know that it would be a complete failure when it comes to sales and support of 3parti games? The Wii had lots of 3parties, it just needed the extra power for all the big tiitles, now the Wii u have the power, but none wants it, or support it.

I am not a fanboy of anything, i am to old for that.

And if anyone are wondering where all the ''Hes a troll'' post went, they bare been removed by the admins of this page, because it had been reportet by me.

Too old to be a fanboy but not too old to misspell that many words? Smh

Anyway, I made it pretty clear why you seem like a fanboy. The most obvious thing you said that seems incredibly fanboy-ish is that you bough it as a "cheap alternative for a next gen console". It's not an "alternative" it is a "next gen" (read: current gen) console.

Then you say you don't like Nintendo games in general. Ok, never heard that except from fanboys scared of being "childish", but I suppose if you were severely abused as a child and hate great gaming experiences that's possible. But then buying a Nintendo console when you say that? That just doesn't make sense. Then you go full on crazy and ask if there are anymore Nintendo games coming out to save the console?

Not to mention you say you  can live with assassin's creed an CoD. A two second google search will show you that the Wii U has a coupe of games from both series. They may not have the latest but they have some.

So yeah. Seems very troll.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

Sell your Wii U and never buy another Nintendo home console again.
The Wii u is for people who want to play Nintendo games, of you don't like games such as Smash Bros, Zelda, Xenoblade or Starfox, then what's the point of owning a Wii U?

I dont see why you are being offended by my topic. 

When I bought my console, it was not meant that it would only be Nintendo that would make games. I just saw it like a console amongs other, not to play one specefic games, but all kind of games, wether they are made by Nintendo, or other companies. 

Too old to be a fanboy but not too old to misspell that many words? Smh

Anyway, I made it pretty clear why you seem like a fanboy. The most obvious thing you said that seems incredibly fanboy-ish is that you bough it as a "cheap alternative for a next gen console". It's not an "alternative" it is a "next gen" (read: current gen) console.

Then you say you don't like Nintendo games in general. Ok, never heard that except from fanboys scared of being "childish", but I suppose if you were severely abused as a child and hate great gaming experiences that's possible. But then buying a Nintendo console when you say that? That just doesn't make sense. Then you go full on crazy and ask if there are anymore Nintendo games coming out to save the console?

Not to mention you say you  can live with assassin's creed an CoD. A two second google search will show you that the Wii U has a coupe of games from both series. They may not have the latest but they have some.

So yeah. Seems very troll.

English is not my main language, I'm from Denmark, and here we speak Danish. I think it is childish to rebuke others misspellings on the web and I can be so mad inside when I see people doing it to others. You dont know their bagground and you can be 100% sure that they know  they might not be the best at grammar/spelling, not needed to make a fool out of them.  

Using of the word alternative was wrong, I see that, i bought it because i wanted a console, it was next gen (the only one at that time) and it was cheap, I was expecting it to last a loot of years like the Wii and its competitors have. Not saying that it wont last!

Yes, i am not a fan of Nintendo games, not saying they are bad. absolutely not. It is just not my kind of games. I like realistic games. I like games like battlefield. I like games like GTA. I dont like old fashion sidescrollers.

After I got my console, I did read lots of  Nintendo related news, sales were bad, and people allways mentioned ''When Mariokart release sales will pick up'' an i am not sure what happened on that front, and i know Nintendo have a loot of games on the list. People also call big tittles console sellers. 

I got close to all 3parti and also a few nintendo games for my Wii u, and i have completet all the Assasins creed, and Call of duty games released on our system. 

Nintendo is just a brand name to me, The name could have been Sony or Microsoft, it would still just be a console to me, meent to all kind of play games.

And the Troll part, i thought a troll were supossed to be fun, i dont see why i should be laughting behind a screen, by this topic. 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 14 November 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

smh

#25 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

English is not my main language.

I paid 200euro/250$ on Amazon for a Wii U back in June last year and a Playstation or Xbox cost 510$ now in Denmark :)

Yeah I also bought my Wii U for 200$ Refurbishd so it really is half the cost as far as I'm concerned.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#26 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

When I bought my console, it was not meant that it would only be Nintendo that would make games. I just saw it like a console amongs other, not to play one specefic games, but all kind of games, wether they are made by Nintendo, or other companies. 

English is not my main language, I'm from Denmark, and here we speak Danish. I think it is childish to rebuke others misspellings on the web and I can be so mad inside when I see people doing it to others. You dont know their bagground and you can be 100% sure that they know  they might not be the best at grammar/spelling, not needed to make a fool out of them.  

Using of the word alternative was wrong, I see that, i bought it because i wanted a console, it was next gen (the only one at that time) and it was cheap, I was expecting it to last a loot of years like the Wii and its competitors have. Not saying that it wont last!

Yes, i am not a fan of Nintendo games, not saying they are bad. absolutely not. It is just not my kind of games. I like realistic games. I like games like battlefield. I like games like GTA. I dont like old fashion sidescrollers.

After I got my console, I did read lots of  Nintendo related news, sales were bad, and people allways mentioned ''When Mariokart release sales will pick up'' an i am not sure what happened on that front, and i know Nintendo have a loot of games on the list. People also call big tittles console sellers. 

I got close to all 3parti and also a few nintendo games for my Wii u, and i have completet all the Assasins creed, and Call of duty games released on our system. 

Nintendo is just a brand name to me, The name could have been Sony or Microsoft, it would still just be a console to me, meent to all kind of play games.

And the Troll part, i thought a troll were supossed to be fun, i dont see why i should be laughting behind a screen, by this topic. 

Here's the thing. It's not the fact you're misspellig o that your grammar is just bad. There are others otn the forum who don't speak english as their first language, and I've never questioned them. It's the way you're "misspelling" things. like the fact you continually spell it 3parti even though everyone here has said it as 3rd pary several times, and, if what you said is true, you'll have seen it said that way in every one of the game journals you read (assuming they were english). I'm just saying that's fishy. It's possible you genuinely can't speak the language well, in which case my bad I guess. I'm just showing telling you why I have my suspicions.

The rest of your comment is just smh stuff. The only thing I can tell you is to do your research. You clearly have no idea what you're doing in terms of gaming. Not say that to be mean, it's just the straight up truth. That's also why I thought you were a troll. the answers to these questions are basic as heck. even if you'd spent like a month around here or another Wii u community you'd probably get your answers. Also consoles are bought for their exclusives. This is the way it's been since the beginning of gaming. You should know this.

I know I sound mean, and I'm not trying to be, I'm just being blunt.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#27 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

When I bought my console, it was not meant that it would only be Nintendo that would make games.

I don't see how I could be offended by you asking that question, I was simply stating the answer you are looking for.

Never buy a console just because it's another console, buy it for it's exclusives as well as third party, why buy a Wii U just for third party games when you can buy a PS4 or PC for third party AND first party?

And it's sales are fine, it got a huge sale increase after mario kart 8 and is increasing as smash bros gets closer.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Marcus Noer, if you ever want to talk about Wii U or video games and need a friend, you can PM me. I only judge people based on how they treat me. You could be trying to incite rage in this whole forum, which I don't think you are, and I would care more about the state of me and you as buds.

But the fact is, you really have to bring your A game to this forum, or people will say bad things about you. Either bring your A game or develop a really tough skin.

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Marcus Noer, if you ever want to talk about Wii U or video games and need a friend, you can PM me. I only judge people based on how they treat me. You could be trying to incite rage in this whole forum, which I don't think you are, and I would care more about the state of me and you as buds.

But the fact is, you really have to bring your A game to this forum, or people will say bad things about you. Either bring your A game or develop a really tough skin.

Dang straight son. You mess around up in here, we shank you. Dat clear?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Dang straight son. You mess around up in here, we shank you. Dat clear?

I don't know which is funnier, Porhorse saying that you need to bring your A game, which is 100% inaccurate(I'd barely call this my B game, at the highest), or Wydra acting like this is a ghetto forum, with all of us running around flipping gang signs and sagging pants.

On topic, I do agree with you but I have to point out the truth: You bought the Wii U in June 2013, based off of what you've said, but yet at this point both consoles were announced with Architecture. Not meaning to say this in a bad way, but expecting stuff from 2 PC Esque systems with 8GB of RAM, 8 Core CPU's, etc to be ported/available on a system running an Architecture that it uses solely, has 2 GB of RAM, etc, especially with the current MAKE OR BREAK way the way industry is moving towards games where money is literally "You need to sell 10 Million Copies to break even" is kind of insane. To the way the AAA Industry is moving(AKA Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty) in the eyes of the studios/Publishers It's simply not worth the time/energy put into getting it to run on the Wii U, Optimizing it, Testing it, manufacturing it, etc to sell what I imagine would amount to under 1 million copies.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

Im not sure what you are asking op. You say you havent kept up with the wii u, and that you arent interested in nintendo games. But Im not sure if you intended to make such a large blanket statement. Maybe you meant you werent interested in the games nintendo was releasing at the time? Like new mario bros, 3dland?

Are you asking if Nintendo has other styles of games now coming out that would interest you?

something like this maybe?

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-05-11-14-006.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Kind of off-topic but Doctor Strange has some pretty good opinions on everything when speaking seriously, to the extent that even I find it hard to find fault in them. You think you are arguing with a 30 year old. Then you see a real picture of him and he looks maybe 14 tops. No offense Doctor Strange.

I'd listen to his opinions on things, even if you don't want to.

I was originally taken really back by the Wii U because I bought it for the wrong reasons. I bought it because it was the most powerful system at launch. Not sure if I've already said this.

Are you sure you want a PS4 instead of XBone? XBone is cheaper and has some good exclusives. But sure, if you don't like Halo, PS4 is probably best.

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Woah never realized you're only 17 strange. Assumed you were older than me...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

Woah never realized you're only 17 strange. Assumed you were older than me...

Wait, who's 17?

Edit: Oh wait, Doctor Strange?

Guess how old I am :P

Edited by Ep0nabot, 15 November 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#35 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

Wait, who's 17?

Edit: Oh wait, Doctor Strange?

Guess how old I am :P

Yo are you 17 too?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#36 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

Yo are you 17 too?

Nope but pretty close.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#37 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:32 AM

The Gamefaqs forum might be a better place to go to ask these kinds of questions, Marcus. But if you say anything against Wii U, never post it in the Wii U board. Post it in the PS4 or XBox One boards. You will get some good helpful posts, as well as a bit of trolling. But things can still occasionally be more helpful than they are here (no offense WUF).

#38 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Wii U Status: Code Red. Activate the Metroid initiative.

*Metroid U releases and Wii U sales skyrocket*

The world is now at peace.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#39 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

Simple, the status for the Wii U at the moment is very good when it comes to exclusives and bad when it comes to multiplats.

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

Wii U sales up 47% since 2013 and it makes profit so it's sales are not failing at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!