Photo

New Wii U video, Nintendo finally shows off Japanese Street Scene!!!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Where there you go I guess that settles that.

#62 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Aww damn. That's too bad. But still, I believe this console has high potential and it's graphics will still look outstanding! :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#63 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

It is a real video. In that video the guy said that the Zelda HD trailer was showing what the Wii U can do graphically, while the Street View was there to show what the controller can do -- provide new angels. Sorry guys, but we aren't there yet (graphically).
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#64 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

It is a real video. In that video the guy said that the Zelda HD trailer was showing what the Wii U can do graphically, while the Street View was there to show what the controller can do -- provide new angels. Sorry guys, but we aren't there yet (graphically).

Thank God we aren't. If we were games would cost a fortune. 70$ for a game is too much already
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#65 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image

Oh well, still cool - and I believe the graphics will be great.

Posted Image

#66 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thank God we aren't. If we were games would cost a fortune. 70$ for a game is too much already

In Australia, we call that "semi-cheap".

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#67 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

In Australia, we call that "semi-cheap".

Australia must suck

Posted Image

#68 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Zelda tech demo's never do the final game justice (N64 and GC Zelda tech demos looked nothing as good as OOT/MM and WW/TP.

#69 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Australia must suck

Australia doesn't suck. However the pricing of games do. Your $50 games in America costs $100 here in Australia. It's like we have to pay twice as much for everything.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#70 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Australia doesn't suck. However the pricing of games do. Your $50 games in America costs $100 here in Australia. It's like we have to pay twice as much for everything.

I feel sorry for you guys

Posted Image

#71 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lovely indeed. Seeing urban Tokyo footage like that makes me want to see open-world games in urban Japanese settings on the 3DS and Wii U, and makes me think more about the environment in my Miitropolis concept, though the world in that would be a bit more tailored to fit the Miis. But then, as the We Ski games, Go Vacation, and Fishing Resort have shown, it's very possible to build comparatively 'realistic' and gorgeous landscapes that very cute, cartoony characters fit into comfortably too. All about making sure the color schemes and designs mesh together well and feel natural, and ideally that there's a good working atmosphere in there.

Things like this also make me curious - in a similar vein as Miitropolis - to see just how Nintendo's going to build up the world of the Miis further and what else we're going to be able to do within it on the 3DS and Wii U this new generation, looking at all the work that went into Wuhu Island and on a slightly lesser scale, the small island focused on in the original Tomodachi Collection on the DS in Japan, with its little slice of Mii civilization. The sky's the limit, potential-wise. And between what we've seen of the Wii U so far - and this tech demo was built, as others have noted, on a lower power development kit last year, while it's known that dev kits have gotten significantly more powerful in post-E3 iterations - and how much the 3DS has already evolved in less than a year, we should have a lot of surprises and fantastic things to look forward to between the 3DS and Wii U this year. A few last Wii software surprises would certainly be welcome, too - especially thinking in the line of getting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower in North America too, and any new firmware or download software updates for the Wii in its final year, considering how long it's been. We know Hulu Plus is coming, but that's about it so far. It'd be great to get a Wii-to-Wii U transfer tool that works as well as the 3DS transfer software too, to ideally allow us to transfer over all Wii save files, friend codes for online Wii games (Allowing us to actually move our locked online save files), along with our Virtual Console and WiiWare games with ease. Taking the improvements the 3DS's Virtual Console Handheld emulator design has made, one would hope we'd see an update to all the Wii Virtual Console emulation software too, allowing for save states/suspend points, like the 3DS. Multiple ones would be welcome, and/or perhaps an easy user login system for each individual console so multiple people could play a VC game at a time with their own separate save states, perhaps with their personal Mii attached to easily see which save file is whose.

Thoughts, at any rate. However it's rendered, this is definitely one impressive little tech demo. It makes me want to see more footage of the whole environment, weather, day/night, seasons, and so forth - like with that bird tech demo - and some good open-world urban Japan exploration come to the system globally. The Wii saw relatively few ambitious atmospheric open-world titles, but among them are some absolute gems. The Wii U's clearly capable of some amazing experiences in that vein, and I'd love to see that pushed, personally, along with some similar efforts on the 3DS. Worlds that make you want to be there can definitely make you want to keep playing a game much longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!