KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

What Ryudo said. Calling framerate drops under those conditions is shady as heck.

And how come no one is talking about him riding with those awesome wild horses? That was incredible.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#162 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Bayonetta 2 won nothing.  :mellow:

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#163 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

Bayonetta 2 won nothing.  :mellow:

Won best Action game. Not all awards were on TV

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 05 December 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#164 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

Okay now you're just ultra defending. Rewatch it an look closely. There's clearly some framerate problems. It's extremely noticeable when Aonuma uses the gyro to place the beacon.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#165 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

looks good, think the world may need some more content on while you travel. Besides that, looks great

I dont know about that. I dont mind travel times. Lend depth to the world,and contrast, weight to discovery. Like how rests and note lengths are used to create rythm in music, without them all you have is noise.

If you are constantly doing crap, constantly, everystep of the way, the impact of discovery is lessened, its just another thing to add to the pile of constant stimulation.

When I complain of empty overworlds, its not from a lack of constantly being bombarded by stimulus, but a lack of places to go, and things to do when I get there. Zelda Us landscape was LITTERED with land marks, interesting formations, and man made objects. There are lots of places to go, for someone like me, its almost overwhelming seeing them all with a glance, and almost painful not being in control, to run of and explore them... In the order I find most effecient.

As long as the travel times are designed well, to provide a sense of journey between destinations, I will be fine without being interrupted with forced 'content density' hand holding from scripted point to point chasing monkies, and bugs, and other immersion halting cutscene introduced junk i just feel is padding, accompanied with constant hey listens.

See something, find it, explore it. That is the fundamental thing that made Zelda, Zelda for me, and its been a very long time since any zelda game, even the ones I really liked, gave me that feeling like this one did.

I dont want a constant barrage of things to do every second of the game. I want a lot of places to go to. There will be things to find, explore, and do there.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#166 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Won best Action game. Not all awards were on TV

Nope, Shadows of Mordor did.

Also, Nintendo has NEVER won a GoTY Award. In fact, SMG wasn't even nominated for GoTY in 2007...

#167 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Nope, Shadows of Mordor did.

Also, Nintendo has NEVER won a GoTY Award. In fact, SMG wasn't even nominated for GoTY in 2007...

SMG won Goty from IGN.

http://nintendoevery...eup-of-winners/

Bolded are the winners. Bayo2 in Action

#168 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

SMG won Goty from IGN.

http://nintendoevery...eup-of-winners/

Bolded are the winners. Bayo2 in Action

Um, not according to this:unsure:

Also, I was referring to just the VGA/GA awards shows, not gaming sites. 

#169 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

I dont know about that. I dont mind travel times. Lend depth to the world,and contrast, weight to discovery. Like how rests and note lengths are used to create rythm in music, without them all you have is noise.

If you are constantly doing crap, constantly, everystep of the way, the impact of discovery is lessened, its just another thing to add to the pile of constant stimulation.

When I complain of empty overworlds, its not from a lack of constantly being bombarded by stimulus, but a lack of places to go, and things to do when I get there. Zelda Us landscape was LITTERED with land marks, interesting formations, and man made objects. There are lots of places to go, for someone like me, its almost overwhelming seeing them all with a glance, and almost painful not being in control, to run of and explore them... In the order I find most effecient.

As long as the travel times are designed well, to provide a sense of journey between destinations, I will be fine without being interrupted with forced 'content density' hand holding from scripted point to point chasing monkies, and bugs, and other immersion halting cutscene introduced junk i just feel is padding, accompanied with constant hey listens.

See something, find it, explore it. That is the fundamental thing that made Zelda, Zelda for me, and its been a very long time since any zelda game, even the ones I really liked, gave me that feeling like this one did.

I dont want a constant barrage of things to do every second of the game. I want a lot of places to go to. There will be things to find, explore, and do there.

I was referring to how barren the map feels, the majority of it has minimal wildlife roaming around.  i was not asking for something to pop out and attack me at every given moment, I just don't want the see the world as a partially improved wind waker when i'm traversing the map.  I know that may because its a early build/removed for the video.

#170 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:06 PM

I was referring to how barren the map feels, the majority of it has minimal wildlife roaming around.  i was not asking for something to pop out and attack me at every given moment, I just don't want the see the world as a partially improved wind waker when i'm traversing the map.  I know that may because its a early build/removed for the video.

Did you have the sound on? Miyamoto makes note of insect and animal life, and interactive fauna like picking and eating apples. Also, the herd of horses are not the only wild life in the video.

Honestly, when a massive elk on top of a cliff looking down watching you, is so horrible obscured by a combination of horrible video quality and tiny off screen syndrome, that 95% of people are blown away when a contrast adjusted pick with it circled shows up, I have little hope of wildlife like birds, butterflies squirrels etc showing through the footage provided.

For all we know there could be leprechauns sharting rainbows at each other in the grass and the trees, and wed never see them through that feed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#171 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Did you have the sound on? Miyamoto makes note of insect and animal life, and interactive fauna like picking and eating apples. Also, the herd of horses are not the only wild life in the video.

again, i was referring to how barren the video felt.  Commenting on if it exists in game isn't the same as showing me how full, or lacking, of life the game is.    In that sense, i hope there is much more than what was shown in the final build. 

On a side note, i did wonder why they didn't climb the tower/watchpost right by the cliff and jump from there, as it would give a better view of the area, there would also likely be a NPC near by there too though i doubt there is one in the build shown, or was removed.

If exploring is just going from point A to B and have relatively little in between, then ill be dissapointed. In that sense, traversal can quickly start to work against you.   I do count a pretty environment as relatively little in most cases.

#172 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

again, i was referring to how barren the video felt.  Commenting on if it exists in game isn't the same as showing me how full, or lacking, of life the game is.    In that sense, i hope there is much more than what was shown in the final build. 

On a side note, i did wonder why they didn't climb the tower/watchpost right by the cliff and jump from there, as it would give a better view of the area, there would also likely be a NPC near by there too though i doubt there is one in the build shown, or was removed.

If exploring is just going from point A to B and have relatively little in between, then ill be dissapointed. In that sense, traversal can quickly start to work against you.   I do count a pretty environment as relatively little in most cases.

Its probably because they didnt WANT you to see the npc's yet, and they didnt WANT you to see everything you can see from that tower. Probably also why the video was constantly and so heavily edited.

What is the point of complaining, when you already know the game is going to be teeming with detail like that? Its almost like its a nintendo title and they have ridiculous attention to detail to the tiniest things, and they already showed a video teeming with those exact things, like flocks of reacting birds, herds of reacting goats, and reactive farmers in village fields last e3.

Why do people constantly do this? Im not even talking about you anymore, just that its reminding me of dozens of truly boneheaded knee jerks ive already seen. Why do they do it, every single time, with every unfinished nintendo title?

Do they not get tired of constantly being wrong? Do they have no sense of pattern recognition? Or do they like it? Like doing it on purpose to be pleasently surprised?

I will never understand seeing the same people, making the same wrong impressions, and never learning, every single time.

Like neogaf, the same people, dozens of them, said the same things about an unfinished 3d world, said the same things about an unfinished mk8 with empty lifeless tracks, said the SAME THING with X, and are now saying, again, the same thing about Zelda.

Just... Why wont they factor these past experiences into their current judgement?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#173 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

Okay now you're just ultra defending. Rewatch it an look closely. There's clearly some framerate problems. It's extremely noticeable when Aonuma uses the gyro to place the beacon.

I'm not, I genuinely didn't notice that happening. Anyway, there's still a small possibility it's just the fact he was using gyro while facing the opposite direction of the screen. In other words, could be bad calibration and not framedrop. In fact I'm glad you mentioned the beacon, because the animation of it being placed seems to be running perfectly smoothly even when the screen is acting weird, which would indicate calibration, not a frame drop. And even if it is frame drop the game is probably like a year from being done, and a year in Nintendo dev time is a LOOONG way from being finished. Basically it's not a big deal.

I think it looked fine. i don't about you, but when i go walking through the forest, I don't even see as much wildlife as was in the video. And I have to wander if you've played MMORPG's before lol. Most of the ones I've played may have monsters and stuff in  between but not ones you can/want to bother yourself with, so most times you have pretty long amounts of time just traveling. And honestly, it can be really nice.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#174 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

I'm not, I genuinely didn't notice that happening. Anyway, there's still a small possibility it's just the fact he was using gyro while facing the opposite direction of the screen. In other words, could be bad calibration and not framedrop. In fact I'm glad you mentioned the beacon, because the animation of it being placed seems to be running perfectly smoothly even when the screen is acting weird, which would indicate calibration, not a frame drop. And even if it is frame drop the game is probably like a year from being done, and a year in Nintendo dev time is a LOOONG way from being finished. Basically it's not a big deal.

I think it looked fine. i don't about you, but when i go walking through the forest, I don't even see as much wildlife as was in the video. And I have to wander if you've played MMORPG's before lol. Most of the ones I've played may have monsters and stuff in  between but not ones you can/want to bother yourself with, so most times you have pretty long amounts of time just traveling. And honestly, it can be really nice.

There was definately frame drops. Its not even worth thinking about though. This demo is already months behind the build of the actual game, and stuff like that will get hammered out in the final phase after the games feature complete. Well, in Nintendo games at least.

You can also expect a transitional texture layer and more to be put between things like the rock/hill and the ground in those really rough looking spots. Very common place things.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#175 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

WIth how large that world is, I really hope they don't forget to implement a fast-travel system...

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#176 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

WIth how large that world is, I really hope they don't forget to implement a fast-travel system...

You can count on there being one.

Hmmm.... I think this might be a tweaked monolithsoft engine...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#177 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

You can count on there being one.

Hmmm.... I think this might be a tweaked monolithsoft engine...

and why do you think that sir?

#178 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

and why do you think that sir?

The way it handles streaming, extreme distance covering for the zoom handles like ms xeno engine, it has no restrictions for player camera positions, which is why the player can not only climb to so many high points to look around, but jump off and glide on a whim... Which means no super obvious/ cramped potato landscape design tricks to limit what the player can see (putting a set piece behind a mountain so the player cant see it, and forcing the player to go all the way areound said mountains, so it seems like they travelled far, when in reality, they are only 200 ft from where they started, but on the other side... (dragon age inq.))

And monolithsoft has helped on the past 3 or so zeldas.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#179 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Funny how people call this empty and bland but cum to the sight of FFXV bland world.

#180 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

The way it handles streaming, extreme distance covering for the zoom handles like ms xeno engine, it has no restrictions for player camera positions, which is why the player can not only climb to so many high points to look around, but jump off and glide on a whim... Which means no super obvious/ cramped potato landscape design tricks to limit what the player can see (putting a set piece behind a mountain so the player cant see it, and forcing the player to go all the way areound said mountains, so it seems like they travelled far, when in reality, they are only 200 ft from where they started, but on the other side... (dragon age inq.))

And monolithsoft has helped on the past 3 or so zeldas.

good stuff to know. It is sad because now that I saw this... I want to see more.

Funny how people call this empty and bland but cum to the sight of FFXV bland world.

Nintendo... this will not change. just biased opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!