#181 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

Funny how people call this empty and bland but cum to the sight of FFXV bland world.

Don't forget about how much people lovvve Skyrims world "full of stuff"

Stupid Snowmads!

#182 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Don't forget about how much people lovvve Skyrims world "full of stuff"

Like looking into a land made of gruel diarrhea.

#183 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Calling it now, Zelda U will either be the greatest or one of the worst Zelda games ever. It looks really ambitious, but with a year left of development time I wonder if they'll be able to make the world feel as populated as they want it to be, from what we saw in the demo it's not very populated (cities may be different, though).

Also I want some on-screen footage because this off-screen stuff honestly made it look way worse than it previously looked.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#184 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Like I said, I think it'll look truly amazing by the time it's released but as of now, it doesn't look nearly as good as the E3 trailer. Not worried though.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#185 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

Calling it now, Zelda U will either be the greatest or one of the worst Zelda games ever. It looks really ambitious, but with a year left of development time I wonder if they'll be able to make the world feel as populated as they want it to be, from what we saw in the demo it's not very populated (cities may be different, though).

Also I want some on-screen footage because this off-screen stuff honestly made it look way worse than it previously looked.

Highly doubt it will be worse than Skyward Sword. SS biggest issue is how it abandoned entirely what Zelda was about and was super linear. This is channeling in world and approach to dungeon design what the first game did on NES.

#186 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Loved the show. Really laughed at some parts.

Mario Maker is looking more appealing with SMB 3 World aesthetics. Those levels were pretty awesome! :)

Zelda was...wow. The game looks really good and i feel it's going to be really special! Mark my words! B)

#187 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Highly doubt it will be worse than Skyward Sword. SS biggest issue is how it abandoned entirely what Zelda was about and was super linear. This is channeling in world and approach to dungeon design what the first game did on NES.

I liked SS. 

Do what you must to me.

bi5tzqg.gif

#188 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Funny how people call this empty and bland but cum to the sight of FFXV bland world.

Nintendo is held to a ridiculously high standard. Heck most of the games that are known to be bad" Nintendo games are only deemed so because they're compared to other incredible games in their series. It's a big part of why their "fans" are so annoying.

Skyward Sword is a great example.

Edited by WydrA, 06 December 2014 - 02:33 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#189 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm also scared of how Link stands. Like his legs are so wide for a relatively skinny person. I liked the way he stood in SS more. Maybe it'll look more natural when he has his green outfit on.

Wow I am overanalysing this.

bi5tzqg.gif

#190 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

Nintendo is held to a ridiculously high standard. Heck most of the games that are known to be bad" Nintendo games are only deemed so because they're compared to other incredible games in their series. It's a big part of why their "fans" are so annoying.

SS had a lot of great ideas in dungeons and a good narrative. Only thing that just sucks is how straightforward it is. Even the Zeldas I didn't like not going to call them bad. So even wthe worst Zelda made by Nintendo isn't bad. Can' t say the same about Final Fantasy.FFX isn't very good. Final Fantasy XIII series is truly terrible. FFXV is already making tons of narrative and diversity mistakes and battle mechanics mistakes. So I don't have high hopes.

I'm also scared of how Link stands. Like his legs are so wide for a relatively skinny person. I liked the way he stood in SS more. Maybe it'll look more natural when he has his green outfit on.

Wow I am overanalysing this.

wtf

#191 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

Skyward sword was amazing what you talking about? It had the best dungeon design, best story, one of the best art styles, gameplay wasn't that bad either, sure it was linear and the exploration was SUPER limited, but it was still amazing! :D  

I liked SS. 

Do what you must to me.

I agree with you here, SS WAS AWESOME

Skyward sword was amazing, don't know what people are talking about.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#192 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

SS had a lot of great ideas in dungeons and a good narrative. Only thing that just sucks is how straightforward it is. Even the Zeldas I didn't like not going to call them bad. So even wthe worst Zelda made by Nintendo isn't bad. Can' t say the same about Final Fantasy.FFX isn't very good. Final Fantasy XIII series is truly terrible. FFXV is already making tons of narrative and diversity mistakes and battle mechanics mistakes. So I don't have high hopes.

wtf

I know you didn't say it was bad, but my point about your problems coming from comparing it to other Zeldas stands :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#193 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

Loved the show. Really laughed at some parts.
Mario Maker is looking more appealing with SMB 3 World aesthetics. Those levels were pretty awesome! :)

Zelda was...wow. The game looks really good and i feel it's going to be really special! Mark my words! B)

photo-6220.jpg?_r=1409179049

Words marked.

B4LdIz6IgAAd7Mv.jpg

This is what ive been waiting for, for so very long.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#194 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

photo-6220.jpg?_r=1409179049

Words marked.

B4LdIz6IgAAd7Mv.jpg

This is what ive been waiting for, for so very long.

Looks nothing like it but okay.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#195 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

The scene composition is identical. You need your eyes checked.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#196 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Yeah it does. I'm with him been waiting for that image to become a reality in a Zelda game. A world so vast you can overlook it on a crag and just take it in knowing you can explore it all. Truly bask in the world of Hyrule. Not a video game limited world with point A to point  B,C and D. Taking the idea of Zelda on NES and that artwork and making it real. Sure link himself is different than the NES art but the dream is real. Something we been dreaming about since 1987 seeing that art. Took 27 years to finally see it happen. .

#197 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

The scene composition is identical. You need your eyes checked.

Artsyle wise it doesn't, and just because we saw Link at the top of a large hill doesn't mean it's gonna be like that game :P

Yeah it does. I'm with him been waiting for that image to become a reality in a Zelda game. A world so vast you can overlook it on a crag and just take it in knowing you can explore it all. Truly bask in the world of Hyrule. Not a video game limited world with point A to point  B,C and D. Taking the idea of Zelda on NES and that artwork and making it real. Sure link himself is different than the NES art but the dream is real. Something we been dreaming about since 1987 seeing that art. Took 27 years to finally see it happen. .

And it's beautiful, I just hope the world feels useful, this game HAS to have at least 20 dungeons to make use of that amazing over world.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#198 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

It can still have 5-6 main dungeon areas but with a world this size do what any other big wordl Zelda or even RPG does. A lot of sidequests and stuff to discover and mini dungeons. Towns and people.

Artsyle wise it doesn't, and just because we saw Link at the top of a large hill doesn't mean it's gonna be like that game :P

It already is. Zelda U's approach in world design and dungeon design is the same as Zelda on NES from everything they described

#199 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Let's hope Red Steel 3 don't come out. 

#200 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Well no, link doesn't look the same obviously, and it's not an exact copy, but the mountains way off in the distance, the grassy sections and bodies of water inbetween? Yeah, that's pretty close. Much closer than any other Zelda gme has ever gotten.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!