• 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

Discuss.

Wii U - The Legend of Zelda - Gameplay First Look…:

Or

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

It worries me that they won't be able to have enough NPCs and stuff in that BIG open world by end of 2015, hopefully it won't get delayed.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

It worries me that they won't be able to have enough NPCs and stuff in that BIG open world by end of 2015, hopefully it won't get delayed.

Well, I think by e3 we will know for sure. Crossing fingers.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Yep, that's what it seems like at this point.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Well, I think by e3 we will know for sure. Crossing fingers.

I'm just glad we saw more of the game before E3 2015, if I waited that long I would have gone insane...

Yep, that's what it seems like at this point.

Aonuma said it wasn't going to be delayed, so idk.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#6 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Aonuma said it wasn't going to be delayed, so idk.

Well there's still time to improve it but at this point it seems like an empty open world.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

Beat me Sorcerer.

I hope it doesnt get delayed, but I would rather a delay than an empty world.

Im pretty optimistic from what ive seen though.

Theres definately a lot to digest, and though it looks great, they do have quite a bit that could use polish, from frame rate to texture transitions. Though if it released looking as is, it would still be a world I relish diving into.

Hope we get a direct feed soon. Still so much to digest.

Love the independant horse AI. Long time coming I say, you dont drive horses like cars after all.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

I hope we get onscreen footage

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

Oh man and this is ONLY horse and weapon mechanics, we haven't even seen any characters, dungeons, or story elements yet!

Anyone notice the arrow over the enemies is the one similar to the one in WW HD?

Link is right handed! Could this mean that motion controls may be an option again?

His hood! He has it in the beginning, but then he takes it off off camera, wonder what's up with that.

How come Aonuma didn't say anything when Miyamoto said "That must be a dungeon!"?

"It's sunset"

Would the environment change according to the time in the game?

How come we still haven't seen Link with his green tunic yet? 

sfOI1m6.jpg

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

Oh man and this is ONLY horse and weapon mechanics, we haven't even seen any characters, dungeons, or story elements yet!

Anyone notice the arrow over the enemies is the one similar to the one in WW HD?

Link is right handed! Could this mean that motion controls may be an option again?

His hood! He has it in the beginning, but then he takes it off off camera, wonder what's up with that.

How come Aonuma didn't say anything when Miyamoto said "That must be a dungeon!"?

"It's sunset"

Would the environment change according to the time in the game?

How come we still haven't seen Link with his green tunic yet?

So many questions! Excited?

I think there is quite a bit of meat to the simple gamplay shown. Wish I had my pc with me right now, so i could really dig in. Ill try to answer some questions I feel I may have some insight on.

I wouldnt be surprised if the arrows over enemies is a placeholder. Final 2d hud graphics can come pretty late in the game, with placeholders used from previous libraries, or just thrown together (go look at early hud elements of X, or xenoblade).

Could be motion controls, though i doubt they will be as in depth as SS because of traditional controls also being an option. Could just be they got used to making him a rightie.

Hyrulians creed. :o (hylian doesnt work with the bad pun, wait, maybe it does?) Hylians Creed. Eh take your pick.

Likely because he doesnt want to confirm or deny. The whole point of a world like this is the mystery and awe of discovery. Actually FINDING dungeons again... Could it really be that glorious?

Probably just pointing out the real time day cycles... Conspicuously missing from SS. Though, it is a 3d Zelda standard for things to happen, or change at certain times.

The tunic of the hero has been a fairly big plot point in the past couple games. Im not surprised they are holding off.

I also wouldnt be surprised if they turned a lot of things off, and were using the debugger/specifically altered version of the game, to ensure everything happened, or didnt happen, in a way that showed just what they wanted to show, with no unexpected glitches, crashes and other surprises, or... Spoilers.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Can't wait for the gamexplain video on this lol. Night all.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

and ive still been posting in the awards thread =/

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

one thing i do not think anyone picked up on yet. Miyamoto said earlier he saw apples in that area before and he said yeah you can eat them also. more importantly i think we may have a change of seasons mechanic in this game a REAL living breathing world.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

Oh man, there are landmarks, formations, and objects EVERYWHERE, I wish I could take screens of and disect. But I wont have my computer until next weekend.

Miyamoto also said there was insects, and other animal life, as well as apples on the trees, to which was remarked you could even pick and eat them. But they werent there, and it was said in such a way to make it sound like it was removed for this showing... Nintendos really been knocking everything wii u out of the park recently. I get the feeling Zelda is not going to be an exception.

*Beaten*. Seasons... Didnt think of that. Pretty astute postulation. I REALLY like that idea. Maybe controlling them oracles style at some point...

So can anyone tell what the creature watching link from the cliff/rock top is? Its right before the horse herd, with the castle like structure in the background. At first I though it was a horse, but,while a quadraped, its body structure doesnt really look like a horse to me.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

Looks cool, but it doesn't look near finished yet. Barren world, frame drops, doesn't really look as good as it did at E3... I'm not worried though, I trust Nintendo to make this an amazing game.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Looks cool, but it doesn't look near finished yet. Barren world, frame drops, doesn't really look as good as it did at E3... I'm not worried though, I trust Nintendo to make this an amazing game.

Its definately unfinished. This demo build even more so. You have to start preparing a build of an in progress game months in advance of when you plan to show it, You have to work out what you are going to show, what you dont want to show, make sure the build is stable enough not to crash during the demo... And make sure you have it finished before the deadline. Preferrably well before.

Where Zelda U is actually at right now, in its unfinished state, Is light years beyond where the build split off to make this demo. Its just the way these things work.

Especially at the point of developement is at right now, That point where the game is nearing/feature complete, and its polish time, build changes practically daily.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

I was not expecting the first actual kind-of-gameplay of the new Zelda game to be shown off on some show that I didn't care enough about to actually watch...

Also, do my ears deceive me, or did Reggie pronounce Aonuma as Ainuma in that video?

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

POPULAR

bucztr.gif
1st-LOZ-WP1.jpg

Finally...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Oh man, there are landmarks, formations, and objects EVERYWHERE, I wish I could take screens of and disect. But I wont have my computer until next weekend.

Miyamoto also said there was insects, and other animal life, as well as apples on the trees, to which was remarked you could even pick and eat them. But they werent there, and it was said in such a way to make it sound like it was removed for this showing... Nintendos really been knocking everything wii u out of the park recently. I get the feeling Zelda is not going to be an exception.

*Beaten*. Seasons... Didnt think of that. Pretty astute postulation. I REALLY like that idea. Maybe controlling them oracles style at some point...

So can anyone tell what the creature watching link from the cliff/rock top is? Its right before the horse herd, with the castle like structure in the background. At first I though it was a horse, but,while a quadraped, its body structure doesnt really look like a horse to me.

Well thank you. game wil be good either way I mean this is one of their biggest franchises no way they drop the ball on this one... right?

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

The huge world excites me. Zelda is often hit or miss with me. SS was the first I skipped all together. This world with so much to explore is the first Zelda to truly get me hyped.

I'm keeping a close eye on all these open world RPG games and now Zelda (since Zelda is not an RPG)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!