YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

I find it a shame how after you beat the main story in a Zelda game there's nothing left to do, hopefully they change it this time around.

I am not talking about hero mode/ master quest.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#62 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

lol "I agree with nintendo on this" what on earth? Agree on what? That barren overworlds are better?

Anyways, I can see your point, and I hope you're right that they're just avoiding the densely populated areas so they aren't spoiled.

As for your edit, look at my edit. :P The parts when they're up high are awesome and detailed.

LMAO NO!! XD

No, I agree with them cutting out all the land marks and points of interest that they clearly traversed past on their way.

(Orient the map showm, to the view over the c
iff, then match landmarks in the distance in the video from what you saw over the cliff)

I can tell they skipped the village, the hylian stone henge, and the lake house.

I agree because too a game thats all about exploration and discovery again, showing the things you are supposed to find and discover is like ruining the story for someone.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#63 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

So 3dude... You playing ww HD to get some ideas about Zelda u :) ?
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#64 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Games I plan on finishing/replaying before Zelda U comes out:

gonna try and 100% Hyrule warriors

Replay skyward sword master quest

Replay windwaker HD hero mode (already started)

Replay ocarina of time in hero mode (Still haven't beaten it in regular, stupid final boss...)

If I get Majora's mask 3D, I'll try to beat that too :P

I'll most likely only end up doing one of the things on this list, but yeah...

I forgot A link between worlds! I'll try to get that done in hero mode too XD

Edited by Horse, 07 December 2014 - 10:13 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#65 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

I find it a shame how after you beat the main story in a Zelda game there's nothing left to do, hopefully they change it this time around.

I am not talking about hero mode/ master quest.

There better be a Hero Mode and/or Master Quest. And saves should be a part of your WiiU profile. What I really want in the game are mini dungeons. Not the whole "solve this one puzzle or check out this concept" like in ALBW. MINI dungeons. Like adding to the core dungeons in theme or idea, but very much its own out of the way, neat, "Holy crap, check this out!". Oh, and did I mention MINI dungeons? I want minimized dungeons to find and explore dammit. At least the size of OoT's Forest Temple.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#66 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

What?

Where ARE you?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#67 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

What?............Where ARE you?

Haha u on my friends list. Eddyray
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#68 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

Haha u on my friends list. Eddyray

Oh yeah, forgot it shows what your playing XD.

There better be a Hero Mode and/or Master Quest. And saves should be a part of your WiiU profile. What I really want in the game are mini dungeons. Not the whole "solve this one puzzle or check out this concept" like in ALBW. MINI dungeons. Like adding to the core dungeons in theme or idea, but very much its own out of the way, neat, "Holy crap, check this out!". Oh, and did I mention MINI dungeons? I want minimized dungeons to find and explore dammit. At least the size of OoT's Forest Temple.

Im sure there will be. I think horse is talking about an end game though. Letting you continue to explore, and find things you missed after last boss.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#69 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

I wish we could have gotten a closer look at the map on the gamepad, there was a LOT of stuff on there that point to some interesting things. For example at the bottom left of the map there is a small landmass not connected to the rest of the mainland and everything else on the edge east looks to be ocean. Could we be getting some ocean travel? Possibly since the map also showed where the more shallow and deeper areas were along the coastlines. What's on that island? Also in the dead center of the map there was a rather large area that was darkened which I'm theorizing is most likely the location of Hyrule Castle/Town. There were also quite a few rivers and decent sized bodies of water, however I didn't catch any that looked like they could be big enough to be Lake Hylia.

But what's even MORE interesting is that even when they seem to zoom out all the way on the map we STILL don't have all of it in view. We have the ocean on the right but to the north, south, and west the map continues to go off screen. At first glance I thought we could see all of the map but we can't. In fact on the far western edge there seems to be a good chunk of the map that appears as white. I wonder if this could be a snowy area or perhaps Gerudo desert? Also there is a 19:00 at the top of the map. Keeping in mind that it was sunset in the demo we can conclude that the 19:00 is military time. So it looks like we'll be able to keep track of the time of day at all times. But why? Only reason I can wager is that the time of day will  hold significance beyond just day to night, otherwise it's made more sense just to have a day/night indicator a la Wind Waker.

EDIT

We can also deduce that this is most likely VERY early in the game since Link doesn't have his usual tunic nor does he have the Hylian Shield. I think there's a good chance the area we've seen is the very beginning of the game.

Edited by Azure-Edge, 06 December 2014 - 08:49 PM.

pNgecl.gif

#70 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

This game looks so fresh and new compared to other Zelda games. I hope there are still elements of nostalgia in it (hylian shield please).

#71 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#72 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

All the talk about the open world..m I can't wait for some footage of a dungeon or two. The detail and scale of the dungeons are going to amaze and surprise I' suspect.

#73 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

I meant something to do after you beat the main story :P

But yeah, I want mini dungeons that aren't so mini and are actually rewarding not just "Oh look! You got 100 rupees!"

Oh yeah, forgot it shows what your playing XD.

Im sure there will be. I think horse is talking about an end game though. Letting you continue to explore, and find things you missed after last boss.

Or better yet, another story/ more side quests get unlocked after beating the main game, that huge world is gonna be useless if you're someone who only goes to dungeons (me) and doesn't care much for other things, then the game will probably be pretty short...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#74 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

I meant something to do after you beat the main story :P
But yeah, I want mini dungeons that aren't so mini and are actually rewarding not just "Oh look! You got 100 rupees!"

Or better yet, another story/ more side quests get unlocked after beating the main game, that huge world is gonna be useless if you're someone who only goes to dungeons (me) and doesn't care much for other things, then the game will probably be pretty short...

Oh. Sorry. I totally agree with that last paragraph. I don't give a crap about side quests either. I'd definitely be up for awesome post game content, not just more dungeons.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png

#75 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Oh. Sorry. I totally agree with that last paragraph. I don't give a crap about side quests either. I'd definitely be up for awesome post game content, not just more dungeons.

What would you want your post game content to be? Just curious about your ideas is all :)

I think that after Link defeats the "great evil" there's more evil in the world and since he's the hero, he has to go and save other towns and cities.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#76 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

I think that after Link defeats the "great evil" there's more evil in the world and since he's the hero, he has to go and save other towns and cities.

So...you esstianlly described that you want Adol Christin.

This guy

T9Pyjfa.jpg

#77 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

So...you esstianlly described that you want Adol Christin.

This guy

T9Pyjfa.jpg

Well obviously he's gonna do something with his life...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#78 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

Well obviously he's gonna do something with his life...

j2jFe3e.jpg

In all seriousnes Link from Ocarina of Time became a Hylian Soldier but upset he was unable to pass his skills down he as a dead warrior teaches Link in Twilight Princess his skills. I also like to think of Link as Adol in that sense post saving the land he still helps others. Or again like OoT child link gets sent to Termina and ave them.

#79 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

j2jFe3e.jpg

In all seriousnes Link from Ocarina of Time became a Hylian Soldier but upset he was unable to pass his skills down he as a dead warrior teaches Link in Twilight Princess his skills. I also like to think of Link as Adol in that sense post saving the land he still helps others. Or again like OoT child link gets sent to Termina and ave them.

Heh. Ryudo totally missed it. We're talking MORE GAME. Screw more story. I want to go through a few extra dungeons or mini dungeons, maybe as a part of post game side quests to help out villages or add more character development to NPCs. If you really want more story, use MQ for that, or see FE:A's Future Past DLC.

Signature_Portal1.png

#80 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Heh. Ryudo totally missed it. We're talking MORE GAME. Screw more story. I want to go through a few extra dungeons or mini dungeons, maybe as a part of post game side quests to help out villages or add more character development to NPCs. If you really want more story, use MQ for that, or see FE:A's Future Past DLC.

I know what you meant. Same thing most Open world games do.  You missed the point of me adding to the convo. Yeah open world games story is done you go do whatever. What more is there to discuss very little. Riveting cut more grass run around and do stuff yadda yadda yadda. I was just adding that in story and within character what they would do and have done when the game is over.

Edited by Strider Hiryu, 07 December 2014 - 07:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!