Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

That is so sexy. Like, WOW. And I thought the Cobalt Blue FE:A 3DS was beautiful. If that comes over to NA as a LE...there goes my wallet.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#62 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

since my post got lost on the last page. so annoying

#63 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

love the sleek/flat metallic feel over the old plastic (though I'm assuming this is still plastic, just looks/feels better). Feels like the iPhone of handhelds now, rather than some cheap plastic Samsung Galaxy :laugh: *duck*. Also, the new home button is much better. That giant button on the old one was big and felt cheap.

I don't like having the stylus on the bottom, but overall the system feels much better to me.  

Edited by Kokirii, 18 February 2015 - 09:02 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#64 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I think I'm going to wait for a blue one. And not just because I need to save money right now.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#65 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Any peeps in NA with the XL going to import a charging dock?

http://www.ebay.com/...l dock&_sacat=0

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#66 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Thought I would do a comparison, New 3ds VS New XL since I got both.

Build quality.
Good on both units with the new 3ds coming out on top with a stiffer silent hinge and matte finish all round.
New xl certainly feels better than old xl but the hinge (probably because its bigger than new 3ds) snaps each position and loses out in overall build quality.

Design.
No getting around it, the new 3ds is really cute and the coloured buttons and small size make it very contemporary and even Apple would admire such design. That's even without customisable faceplates!
New xl does make an effort with coloured letters and glossy fingerprint finish. It certainly looks and feels nicer than old xl though.

Comfort.
New 3ds is a lot more comfortable to hold than original with its smooth corners and slightly bigger dimensions but I find holding the new xl more comfortable for longer gaming sessions. The C stick puts a little strain on your palm so if you have large hands like me the new xl will definitely cause less discomfort.

Screen and 3d.
There is only an inch difference in top screens now but I do find myself using the xl more at home as it does feel that bit more immersive especially in 3d and still looks quite a bit bigger.
New 3ds is sharper, new xl does have more contrast and deeper blacks.

Misc.
The face buttons are not just cosmetically different, the new xl has a much clicker feel than the softer feel on new 3ds.
The battery on the new xl is 350mah more and lasts a bit longer.
Both versions have great anti-glare top screens.
The new xl is actually lighter than old xl.
Both have much improved sound over the old xl.
Stylus on new 3ds is very small and thin, much prefer the xl fatter version.
Though the originals telescopic is still king.

My overall recommendation?
If you play on the go get new 3ds (if possible in your region and love custom graphics) but I would lean toward the new xl if I had to pick one.

#67 Son Edo

Son Edo

Spiny

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • NNID:SonEdo

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:31 AM

Yeah might have to pick one up now, my R button is Wiied

#68 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

I got the screw drivers from Amazon which are in the link below. Supposedly they are meant to be specific screw drivers to open up Nintendo consoles. I tried using them to open up the back of my New Nintendo 3DS XL so I could swap out the memory card for a big one but they don't seem to work.

I didn't want to force them in case I damaged the screws or the 3DS XL itself. Anyone know if they are actually the right screw drivers and which one of them is appropriate or point me to one on Amazon's UK site that is. So far I've not been able to setup or use my new console as I've not been able to replace the memory card.

http://www.amazon.co...S screw drivers

#69 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

I got the screw drivers from Amazon which are in the link below. Supposedly they are meant to be specific screw drivers to open up Nintendo consoles. I tried using them to open up the back of my New Nintendo 3DS XL so I could swap out the memory card for a big one but they don't seem to work.

I didn't want to force them in case I damaged the screws or the 3DS XL itself. Anyone know if they are actually the right screw drivers and which one of them is appropriate or point me to one on Amazon's UK site that is. So far I've not been able to setup or use my new console as I've not been able to replace the memory card.

http://www.amazon.co...S screw drivers

http://en-americas-s...ace-the-battery

There's your problem. You need a #0 cross-head (aka Phillips) and the kit you bought contains a #00 Phillips. Just go to your local hardware store, or even dollar store.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#70 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

http://en-americas-s...ace-the-battery
There's your problem. You need a #0 cross-head (aka Phillips) and the kit you bought contains a #00 Phillips. Just go to your local hardware store, or even dollar store.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of that. The kit said it was for Nintendo consoles so I assumed it would be compatible. Now I'll need to go online and look for the right one. It's pretty annoying to say the least. I'm pretty tech savvy and I'm having trouble. Imagine all those casual gamers and parents who want to swap out the memory card.

#71 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Anyone have or used this before?

41QvX1XJ6rL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...24804069&sr=1-2

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#72 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

yes.

just gotta break down and spend the money then wait the month lol..

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#73 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

yes.
just gotta break down and spend the money then wait the month lol..

I live in the UK and fortunately for me they are officially available here. In fact I got my charging cradle before my New 3DS as I had to import the console from North America. I'm not sure whether the new design is better or worse then that of the previous 3DS XL. I've not had a chance to use it as my New 3DS XL is still in its box as I still need to get the right screwdriver to open the back to change the memory card.

#74 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Optional extended batteries from Mugen Power.

http://www.nintendol...ended_batteries

#75 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

thanks for the heads up, just ordered one for $17.97

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#76 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

What faceplates you have? Here's mine.

IMG_20150303_114438.jpg IMG_20150303_114517.jpg IMG_20150303_114609.jpg

#77 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

That is really beautiful. I am super jealous.

#78 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

That is really beautiful. I am super jealous.

I REALLY want this though.
no-50-new-3ds-xl-faceplate.png

EDIT: Not 1:1 but a good indication of how images look between the models.

wpid-wp-1409450345239.jpeg

Something ive found out on my own, the New XL has a higher motion rate for the top screen than regular new 3ds.

In 2d and 3d mode the new 3ds has poor processing of images when there is camera pans or just whenever a high contrast image is being moved. It spoils some of the games (not all) and blurs objects and looks like a trail effect.

With new XL there is almost none of that and images stay in focus, if this wasn't the case then the bigger screen would be easier to notice it.

Edited by Scumbag, 09 March 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#79 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

I REALLY want this though.
attachicon.gifno-50-new-3ds-xl-faceplate.png

EDIT: Not 1:1 but a good indication of how images look between the models.

attachicon.gifwpid-wp-1409450345239.jpeg

Something ive found out on my own, the New XL has a higher motion rate for the top screen than regular new 3ds.

In 2d and 3d mode the new 3ds has poor processing of images when there is camera pans or just whenever a high contrast image is being moved. It spoils some of the games (not all) and blurs objects and looks like a trail effect.

With new XL there is almost none of that and images stay in focus, if this wasn't the case then the bigger screen would be easier to notice it.

Really, thats the first ive heard of that. Would love to take a look at the two, except, well, I cant because noa are butt sniffers. If I saw it, it might go aways to making me not feel so bad about being forced to get the new xl and its horrible 92 ppi screen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#80 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Really, thats the first ive heard of that. Would love to take a look at the two, except, well, I cant because noa are butt sniffers. If I saw it, it might go aways to making me not feel so bad about being forced to get the new xl and its horrible 92 ppi screen.

Its definitely there and we can rule out me having a defective n3ds because the first one had stuck pixels so I got it replaced, both had/have the motion trail.
Maybe because the XL's pixels are spaced further apart its not noticeable? Im positive its just a higher motion rate screen though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!