Photo

I did another Porhorse, traded Vita... what should I get buds?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

I sold my PS Vita and before you make fun of me about it, I think I made the right decision. The wrong decision was trading my Wii U, and trading it for a Vita, and all around being a little mouthy about it.

I'm without a gaming device right now and am wondering what I should get. Here is what I came up with.

1. The Asus transformer T100 tablet for playing light Windows games. The Bay trail.

2. The NVIDIA Shield Tablet. It has exclusive PC ports and Android games.

3. Get the new 3DS XL. The only downside to this is that if I get one, I might kind of end up starting liking Nintendo more again and buy my third Wii U as well.

Thoughts?

I know I've been making some horrible decisions and need to stop the constant trading before I end up with nothing or broke. The fact I don't want to get a membership at a rental place isn't a good excuse.

I'm just asking what to get.

I don't want to get a new Wii u this soon really because my family will make fun and I don't see why this soon...

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Take up knitting

Don't worry about what you're family says and get that wii u back....
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Get another Vita.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Is there any reason to get any of them right now though? Any games out on them currently that really interest you? I'd say to wait until a game that looks like it was made for you comes out. There will be one definitely. Get whatever that game is on.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Is there any reason to get any of them right now though? Any games out on them currently that really interest you? I'd say to wait until a game that looks like it was made for you comes out. There will be one definitely. Get whatever that game is on.

Lots of games were made for me. Most Final Fantasy games. Majoras mask. Monster hunter. Sonic adventure 2. No one platform has them all is the problem.

#6 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

If you had to choose between the two of them, I'd get the transformer tablet. I'm sure even a TI-84 could run dem exclusive Half-Life 2 and Portal ports.

But no seriously you should consider saving your shekels to get your life back together before you start buying things again.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Lots of games were made for me. Most Final Fantasy games. Majoras mask. Monster hunter. Sonic adventure 2. No one platform has them all is the problem.

Only PC does. ;)

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

See this is why I don't sell things.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Stop buying things or at least stop telling the internet about it.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Stop buying things or at least stop telling the internet about it.

Says someone who owns a huge collection and two copies of Xenoblade and tells us about 80s-90s nirvana at every turn.

But I'll try to tone it down.

I decided I'm getting a new 3DS XL.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Says someone who owns a huge collection and two copies of Xenoblade and tells us about 80s-90s nirvana at every turn.

But I'll try to tone it down.

I decided I'm getting a new 3DS XL.

Nirvana sucked.

I have it in my sig. I keep stuff I buy because I don't turn it around every week to something else shiny I saw like ADD child with amnesia and I don't make a topic about it every 45 minutes mr sensitive.

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Nirvana sucked.

I have it in my sig. I keep stuff I buy because I don't turn it around every week to something else shiny I saw like ADD child with amnesia and I don't make a topic about it every 45 minutes mr sensitive.

Yeah I get it, I'm not overly liked here and too much of something sets this forum ablaze.

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Yeah I get it, I'm not overly liked here and too much of something sets this forum ablaze.

Honestly, just get the console/system that has the most games that are out/coming out that you want the most.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

get some common sense so you stop burning a hole in your pocket from the trade ins

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Dude... I dont know. What kind of games are you looking for?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

I think you're swell and understand compulsive buying habits. I've had to work on that a bit myself.

I think the New 3DS is a great idea too 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Get another Vita.

EkZfGYO.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

I don't know what to recommend.

The PC world has a MASSIVE Library of awesome games that you can get for dirt cheap, but you'd probably need at least a $600 system to play some of the more enticing ones. Plus the games are mostly only available through Steam, which would mean they cannot be resold towards a different system. A powerful enough system can run Nintendo games also through an emulator, but you need a potent system to handle the Gamecube and Wii games.

The Nvidia Shield again should have a decent selection, plus you can pick up some really good games for free daily from the Amazon App Store. But again, games cannot be resold.

I don't know what to recommend.

The PC world has a MASSIVE Library of awesome games that you can get for dirt cheap, but you'd probably need at least a $600 system to play some of the more enticing ones. Plus the games are mostly only available through Steam, which would mean they cannot be resold towards a different system. A powerful enough system can run Nintendo games also through an emulator, but you need a potent system to handle the Gamecube and Wii games.

The Nvidia Shield again should have a decent selection, plus you can pick up some really good games for free daily from the Amazon App Store. But again, games cannot be resold.

Whatever you do, I recommend buying Digital so that you have a disincentive to resell. But with PC you can sell the system and then transfer your account to a new one later, but Nintendo requires you to have both consoles on you to transfer accounts.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

stop selling your systems because games arent out that you want yet.

I would say buy a system that has a game you want and will last you a while.

Then keep that system and build up your game library.

Then buy another system at a later time with a game you will play.

Never, i repeat NEVER SELL YOUR SYSTEMS.

your always end up wanting to play a game on that system at a later date. Hell i still have a ps2 and my girl brought a gameboy color last year because she wanted to play the old pokemon.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#20 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

"3. Get the new 3DS XL. The only downside to this is that if I get one, I might kind of end up starting liking Nintendo more again and buy my third Wii U"

nxmCFEr.gif

Pic speaks for itself.

Edited by magiciandude, 18 January 2015 - 08:50 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!